DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Hi sheson, thx for developing this awesome mod. Im using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha88 with Season of Skyrim. Those mods combined really refresh my understanding with Skyrim mods capability.

Although I spotted something strange. The smelter outside Lakeview Mannor seemed broken. Everytime I tried to interact with this smelter, it said:"someone else is using this". I opened game console(using mod More Information Console) and selected smelter, the console said Base Defined in: DynDOLOD.esm.

I quitted the game and removed DynDOLOD_Output folder from MO2. I entered the game once and reloaded the previous save that smelter has not been built yet. I built it again and wala smelter worked again.

I hope someone can really help me with this issue. Im really confusing how to get this smelter back to work without uninstalling DynDOLOD.

Cheers

:help:

1 hour ago, Altum_Caelum said:

Hi sheson, thx for developing this awesome mod. Im using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha88 with Season of Skyrim. Those mods combined really refresh my understanding with Skyrim mods capability.

Although I spotted something strange. The smelter outside Lakeview Mannor seemed broken. Everytime I tried to interact with this smelter, it said:"someone else is using this". I opened game console(using mod More Information Console) and selected smelter, the console said Base Defined in: DynDOLOD.esm.

I quitted the game and removed DynDOLOD_Output folder from MO2. I entered the game once and reloaded the previous save that smelter has not been built yet. I built it again and wala smelter worked again.

I hope someone can really help me with this issue. Im really confusing how to get this smelter back to work without uninstalling DynDOLOD.

Cheers

:help:

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Make a screenshot with console open that also shows the ref form id of the object in question.

Check in xEdit if there are any plugins overwriting 0009C6CE and let me know.

How would I go about generating lod for pine shrubs, yellow shrubs and other such plants?  I tried adjusting the minimum values for volume and height in the TexGen_SSE.ini but it didn't create billboards for these plants.  Would I need to force the creation of billboards by creating a file such as the examples given in the TexGen configuration section in Help on the DynDOLOD page?  

41 minutes ago, MisterMorden said:

How would I go about generating lod for pine shrubs, yellow shrubs and other such plants?  I tried adjusting the minimum values for volume and height in the TexGen_SSE.ini but it didn't create billboards for these plants.  Would I need to force the creation of billboards by creating a file such as the examples given in the TexGen configuration section in Help on the DynDOLOD page?  

Read the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread where to make post. I moved your post.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards
TexGen determines which trees and grasses should have tree/grass LOD billboards automatically created for them based on the model volume and height.
A tree is every base record of the type 'TREE' and 'STAT' with the 'Has Tree LOD' flag set. Grass is every base record of the type 'GRAS'.

in addition, for TREE base records either the model filename needs to have "tree" in the file path or also have the HasTreeLOD flag set.

The debug log should contain some information for every TREE and GRAS and flagged STAT base record that was looked at. That information might help to determine why something was skipped and set to False in the created [Tree|Grass]_Billboards.txt.

So if you have TREE base records that are plants and thus do not have "tree" anywhere in the file path, set the HasTreeLOD flag for automatic discovery.
Forcing it with via config file might be easier.

Provide one example form id of a base record in question and more detail in case more help is required.

23 minutes ago, sheson said:

So if you have TREE base records that are plants and thus do not have "tree" anywhere in the file path, set the HasTreeLOD flag for automatic discovery.
Forcing it with via config file might be easier.

Sorry about not posting in the correct place, I didn't want to clutter up this thread if my issue wasn't relevant to the advancement of the alpha.  

I'll bet this is my issue...if this (setting HasTreeLOD flag or making a config file) doesn't solve my problem I'll let you know.  Thank you so much.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Make a screenshot with console open that also shows the ref form id of the object in question.

Check in xEdit if there are any plugins overwriting 0009C6CE and let me know.

Thx for relying so quickly. Here is console screenshot I taken:EyniRMa.jpg Here is xedit screen shot when I searched "0009C6CE":HvaR3Nu.png

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt:https://paste.ee/p/yzEF1; DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt:https://ufile.io/go2ynbds

TexGen_SSE_log.txt:https://paste.ee/p/wzpEg; TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt:https://paste.ee/p/FTH2l

1 hour ago, Altum_Caelum said:

Thx for relying so quickly. Here is console screenshot I taken:EyniRMa.jpg Here is xedit screen shot when I searched "0009C6CE":HvaR3Nu.png

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt:https://paste.ee/p/yzEF1; DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt:https://ufile.io/go2ynbds

TexGen_SSE_log.txt:https://paste.ee/p/wzpEg; TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt:https://paste.ee/p/FTH2l

Thanks.

Not quite sure why that causes the problem in use problem you have, though flag overwrite and the change to the reference are not really necessary in this case. That will be fixed in the next Alpha version.

To fix your problem right now without having to wait for the next Alpha, remove both overwrite records 0009C6CE and 03007685 form the DynDOLOD.esp.

59 minutes ago, MisterMorden said:

Another question:  If I go the route of forcing with configuration file, does the minimum volume and height requirements still need to be changed from the default in TexGen_SSE.ini or will the config file make it work alone?

The config file setting should force creation regardless of anything else.

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2022 at 1:18 AM, sheson said:

Zip and upload large log to a file service as explained on the first post.

This is what the source texture textures\lod\HappyLittleTrees\Pineforestsnow04.dds looks like without alpha channel:
image.png

This is what the source texture textures\lod\HappyLittleTrees\Pineforestsnow04.dds looks like with alpha channel
image.png
Seems to me, what is added to the object LOD texture atlas is pretty much what the source texture looks like.
Are you saying the alpha channel information is lost when the texture is added to the object LOD atlas?
Are you using the latest DynDOLOD 3 Alpha version?

https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model
Note that LOD only has binary alpha with a fixed threshold of 128. DynDOLOD reads the alpha threshold from the NiAlphaProperty from the models used for LOD and adjusts the textures before it is added to the atlas texture.

Check what alpha threshhold the LOD model defines.

BTO meshes do not define a NiAlphaProperty, so the transparency is not shown in NifSkope. For viewing only you can add one with a threshold of 128 , do not save.

Do not edit generated LOD atlas texture. Change the source texture instead. Make sure to save it with an appropriate alpha channel.
When you edited the atlas texture the original mipmap information was replaced.

DynDOLOD creates mipmaps per single texture with its own version of alpha coverage. Generating mipmaps for the final object LOD atlas texture will have mipmap artifacts (adjacent textures bleeding into each other) and poor alpha channel information if not done with some kind of alpha coverage algorithm.

Just following up to this issue.

Yes that was exactly the problem. treepineforestsnow04_232C0CDBpassthru_lod.nif has an alpha threshold of only 1, where the rest of the hybrid trees in the Happy Little Trees Add-On pack have an alpha threshold of at least 30. So I assume DynDOLOD was compensating by adjusting the TreePineForestSnow04.dds texture to have an almost nonexistent alpha channel.

When I changed the alpha threshold of treepineforestsnow04_232C0CDBpassthru_lod.nif to 30, running DynDOLOD again produced a DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds atlas with the TreePineForestSnow04.dds texture now looking normal, transparency/alpha channel intact.

No need then to edit the atlas and ruin the mipmaps.

Thanks Sheson!

Edited by Mirari

9 hours ago, Mirari said:

Just following up to this issue.

Yes that was exactly the problem. treepineforestsnow04_232C0CDBpassthru_lod.nif has an alpha threshold of only 1, where the rest of the hybrid trees in the Happy Little Trees Add-On pack have an alpha threshold of at least 30. So I assume DynDOLOD was compensating by adjusting the TreePineForestSnow04.dds texture to have an almost nonexistent alpha channel.

When I changed the alpha threshold of treepineforestsnow04_232C0CDBpassthru_lod.nif to 30, running DynDOLOD again produced a DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds atlas with the TreePineForestSnow04.dds texture now looking normal, transparency/alpha channel intact.

No need then to edit the atlas and ruin the mipmaps.

Thanks Sheson!

What DynDOLOD Alpha version are you using? If that happens with the latest Alpha, then upload the log and debug for the generation of the problematic results as requested.

A threshold of one is/should not a problem with the current version. There should be no need to manually edit anything.

10 hours ago, sheson said:

Thanks.

Not quite sure why that causes the problem in use problem you have, though flag overwrite and the change to the reference are not really necessary in this case. That will be fixed in the next Alpha version.

To fix your problem right now without having to wait for the next Alpha, remove both overwrite records 0009C6CE and 03007685 form the DynDOLOD.esp.

The config file setting should force creation regardless of anything else.

Thx for your solutions sheson. I will give it a try. Cheers!:dancingbanana:

I'm using SE 1.6.353.0

Using Alpha 88, I noticed now, when I fast travel to Whiterun, just as I appear inside, there's a white hazy flash that appears on the screen in front of me, just for a brief second.

For various lights/lighting and sky mods, I am using (With Cathedral Weathers and Seasons);

Embers HD-XD
EVLaS
Lanterns Of Skyrim II
LUX
LUX Via
Particle Patch for ENB
Skyrim Textures Redone- Enhanced Night Sky
Smooth Sky mesh

At first I assumed one of these mods were causing the issue, but each time I disable/uncheck my DynDOLOD mod in MO2, the flash goes away, when I enable it, the flash comes back.

For DynDOLOD I am using the settings shown here on Stepmodifications for DynDOLOD-HD-QHD options, in the upper right of DynDOLOD I use the High settings.

I'll attach a screen shot of my DynDOLOD settings, along with the white flash I see when entering Whiterun.

As for any DynDOLOD logs, I'm not sure if you want me to submit any, but if needed, please tell me which ones?

THANKS

DynDOLOD-HD-QHD.png

Whiterun Flash.jpg

Edited by mooit

49 minutes ago, mooit said:

Using Alpha 88, I noticed now, when I fast travel to Whiterun, just as I appear inside, there is a hazy white flash that appears on the screen in front of me.

For various lights/lighting mods, I am using;

Embers HD-XD
EVLaS
Lanterns Of Skyrim II
LUX
LUX Via

At first I assumed one of these light mods were causing the issue, but each time I disable my DynDOLOD mod the flash goes away, when I enable it, it comes back.

For DynDOLOD I am using the settings shown here on Stepmodifications for DynDOLOD-HD-QHD options, in the upper right of DynDOLOD I use the High settings.

I'll attach a screen shot of my DynDOLOD settings, along with the white flash I see when entering Whiterun.

As for any DynDOLOD logs, I'm not sure if you want me to submit any, but if needed, please tell me which ones?

THANKS

DynDOLOD-HD-QHD.png

Whiterun Flash.jpg

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload.

When making screenshots of things in the game, open console and click the object in question to show its reference form ID. Use More Informative Console to show additional information. If the form ID points to a DynDOLOD plugin, load the plugin into xEdit and look up the reference. Take note of the Editor ID, which is typically of the format plugniname_formID for the source plugin and reference.

44 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload.

When making screenshots of things in the game, open console and click the object in question to show its reference form ID. Use More Informative Console to show additional information. If the form ID points to a DynDOLOD plugin, load the plugin into xEdit and look up the reference. Take note of the Editor ID, which is typically of the format plugniname_formID for the source plugin and reference.

Hi,

I'm attaching logs I could find, related to Page 1, I hope these are the correct ones.

I'm also attaching a screen shot from the console showing the Reference Form ID.

I don't have More Informative Console.

Whiterun reference form ID.jpg

You mentioned;  If the form ID points to a DynDOLOD plugin, load the plugin into xEdit and look up the reference. Sorry I don't understand the 'DynDOLOD plugin'? Plugin? You mean check DynDOLOD.esp in Xedit and only run it?

THANKS

P.S. I loaded Xedit with only DynDOLOD.esp and tried to lookup 20005902 and there was nothing showing in Xedit.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt

Edited by mooit

53 minutes ago, mooit said:

Hi,

I'm attaching logs I could find, related to Page 1, I hope these are the correct ones.

I'm also attaching a screen shot from the console showing the Reference Form ID.

I don't have More Informative Console.

THANKS

Whiterun reference form ID.jpg

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 141.57 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1.57 MB · 0 downloads LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt 39.37 kB · 0 downloads

OK. Do you know which plugin has the load order hex 20 when you are in the game? (The first two digits of the form id?)
Either check MO2 right plugin list or load entire load order into xEdit to see which plugin starts has [20] in from of it. Then enter the form id into the FormID field top left and hit Enter key to bring it up the reference in the right window to verify you got the right plugin. The order can change, so in case that there is a problem identifying it, best to install More Informative Console, which will show it right in the game with console open.

When you say "flash" does it mean the glow changes intensity briefly? In that case setting a slightly longer time for fade-in from black might help to cover up the delayed disabling of FXGlow LOD. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu#Settings
In that case don't worry about finding the plugin/form id.

You should look into fixing the HITMEs https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Internal-File-FormID-Is-A-HITME