DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

4 hours ago, DinoDoLod said:

Running SE, DynDOLOD 3.0 - Alpha 69.
I've been getting the consistent message in the top left corner "DynDOLOD can not find master data inside DynDOLOD_WhiterunWorld" whenever I'm in Whiterun, similarly in Riften I get "DynDOLOD can not find master data inside DynDOLOD_RiftenWorld". I realize this very error is listed in the FAQ, but following its directions I still can't solve this.

From the DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt I can see that my version of PapyrusUtil is up to date with Version: 3.9, Game Version: 1.5.97, as well as my version of SKSE64 Version: 2.0.17.
From the MCM I see the string of letters and numbers for the ESM and ESP match that of DynDOLOD_Worlds.json, but DynDOLOD_WhiterunWorld.json only has N/A beneath it. Looking in the DynDOLOD_Output/skse/plugins/StorageUtilData confirms that there is no such DynDOLOD_WhiterunWorld.json file.

I've made sure that PapyrusUtil SE is the bottom most version of PapyrusUtil.dll and is not being overwritten by any other mod's packaged PapyrusUtil such as with Simply Knock SKSE64 DLL.
Rerunning DynDOLOD and replacing the DynDOLOD_Output still does not fix this error, can anybody help me?

Read the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread where to make posts. I moved your post.

This problem has already been reported, discussed and fixed days ago.

Always use the latest version.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Keep DynDOLOD and its plugins active in the load order when starting DynDOLOD. Make the mesh mask change and generate object LOD for Tamriel only. Then install as a second mod in MO2 that overwrites the older DynDOLOD output mod. If result is fine you can merge them.

I will have to check the distance between the static and animated LOD waterfalls and optimize them for the next Resources version.

Please upload ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt

I would rather need to know the form id and extra information about the full models.

Are you using any other mods in addition to Water for ENB that might modify the waterfalls or their LOD models, for example anything from Bright Waterfall Fix for ENB?

Any mods overwriting DynDOLOD Resources?

I already mentioned what full models are - FXWaterfallBodyTall.nif, 000FC85E

Log:https://ufile.io/qqplcw7i

Dyndolod resources are overwritten by: particle patch for enb, skyrim 2020, bright waterfall fix for enb - dyndolod addon.

At the moment I'm trying to figure it out with author of water for enb, but if it can actually be adjusted in dyndolod resources that would be nice.

Thanks for help.

57 minutes ago, Admiral30 said:

I already mentioned what full models are - FXWaterfallBodyTall.nif, 000FC85E

Log:https://ufile.io/qqplcw7i

Dyndolod resources are overwritten by: particle patch for enb, skyrim 2020, .

At the moment I'm trying to figure it out with author of water for enb, but if it can actually be adjusted in dyndolod resources that would be nice.

Thanks for help.

Open console and click on a waterfall to show and report its reference form id. the base record 000FC85E is used by many references.

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Load-Overwrite-Orders
DynDOLOD Resources also contains a few updated full models and textures to fix various minor issues. They should overwrite unofficial patches and Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Remove bright waterfall fix for enb - dyndolod addon. It should not be used with DynDOLOD 3.x
Then generate LOD again, with the default mesh rules to see if the problems is fixed.

There is not really any use discussing this with the author of Water for ENB since that mod does not contain any dynamic LOD models.

26 minutes ago, sheson said:

Open console and click on a waterfall to show and report its reference form id. the base record 000FC85E is used by many references.

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Load-Overwrite-Orders
DynDOLOD Resources also contains a few updated full models and textures to fix various minor issues. They should overwrite unofficial patches and Skyrim particle patch for ENB

Remove bright waterfall fix for enb - dyndolod addon. It should not be used with DynDOLOD 3.x
Then generate LOD again, with the default mesh rules to see if the problems is fixed.

There is not really any use discussing this with the author of Water for ENB since that mod does not contain any dynamic LOD models.

All waterfalls are flickering, so I imagine all references are "broken", but here is the example from video:

Screenshot-6.png

Ok incorrect load order might be the problem here. For me resources are on the very top, I will move them a little lower to overwrite patches.

You see I contacted water for enb because I suspected that his meshes are the reason why dyndolod generates incorrect lod. But at the same time I guess someone else would notice it too.
I will try to update the lod now. If I won't reply again it means its fixed. Thanks for help again.

On 2/13/2022 at 12:59 AM, sheson said:

That is how is should work yes. Do not hesitate to ask more detailed question or PM me on Discord if something does not seem to work as explained and more in-depth discussion is needed.

It all worked out perfectly in the end with your help. :)
Every season has it's own tree lod.

RQ7I0Ky.pngylh1MMI.png7w4xjd4.png

Hi, any reasons as to why there are black boxes in the grass lod?,  I've already rerun texgen, rebuilt atlas, and rerun dyndolod but these black boxes are still here, but when i use my old previously used texgen and dyndolod output files, there seems to be no problem and both of them use the same precached grass.

grass black box.png

18 minutes ago, Adven221 said:

Hi, any reasons as to why there are black boxes in the grass lod?,  I've already rerun texgen, rebuilt atlas, and rerun dyndolod but these black boxes are still here, but when i use my old previously used texgen and dyndolod output files, there seems to be no problem and both of them use the same precached grass.

grass black box.png

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Follow the suggestion of the first post to use search. https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-73/page/225/?tab=comments#comment-256967 This was reported for Alpha--69 back then and fixed in Alpha-70.

Using the latest alpha version?

Hi, thank you for this amazing software. I'm having a problem generating seasonal LOD for Seasons of Skyrim. The distant terrain isn't snowy in winter, even though my DynDoLOD settings seem to be correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Images of my settings and a screenshot of the problem are in the spoiler:

Spoiler

kVcwzM4.png

OyYB5Lo.jpg

9 hours ago, sheson said:

Follow the suggestion of the first post to use search. https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-73/page/225/?tab=comments#comment-256967 This was reported for Alpha--69 back then and fixed in Alpha-70.

Using the latest alpha version?

Thanks! i didn't know it was updated to Alpha 73 already.

On 2/15/2022 at 9:35 AM, sheson said:

Read the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread where to make posts. I moved your post.

This problem has already been reported, discussed and fixed days ago.

Always use the latest version.

I have the same issue with version 69 alpha. I assume I am safe with the usual rules for updating DynDOLOD midgame. I have generated the json files again but this time with alpha-73 and I still don't have a whiterunWorld.json file. I assume it's not necessary if that's the case as I have followed the same troubleshooting steps as the used you were replying to and found that the file was simply never generated.

For whatever reason, I seem to crash when disabling dyndolod and then moving indoors and saving. Followed by disabling dyndolod (with occlusion) in mod organiser 2 and attempting to save again. Fortunately, if I have to restart, I wasn't too far in..

11 hours ago, lordvomit said:

Hi, thank you for this amazing software. I'm having a problem generating seasonal LOD for Seasons of Skyrim. The distant terrain isn't snowy in winter, even though my DynDoLOD settings seem to be correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Images of my settings and a screenshot of the problem are in the spoiler:

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Seasons

In addition to DynDOLOD generating object, tree and dynamic LOD for seasons, also use xLODGen terrain LOD beta to generate terrain LOD meshes and textures for the different seasons.

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions

Typically generate terrain LOD meshes and textures with xLODGen before generating the LOD mod with DynDOLOD.

xLODGen can be found here https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-90-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr-enderal-enderalse/

4 hours ago, tcoblack said:

I have the same issue with version 69 alpha. I assume I am safe with the usual rules for updating DynDOLOD midgame. I have generated the json files again but this time with alpha-73 and I still don't have a whiterunWorld.json file. I assume it's not necessary if that's the case as I have followed the same troubleshooting steps as the used you were replying to and found that the file was simply never generated.

For whatever reason, I seem to crash when disabling dyndolod and then moving indoors and saving. Followed by disabling dyndolod (with occlusion) in mod organiser 2 and attempting to save again. Fortunately, if I have to restart, I wasn't too far in..

There are no data files for child worldspaces that use the parent worldspace Tamriel for LOD.

It is not really clear when the CTD happens. It sounds like the CTD happens with no DynDOLOD in the load order... which means it would be caused by something unrelated.

Read the FAQ DynDOLOD Game Questions / ILS or CTD.

Read the ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt which explains how to troubleshoot. A crash log is often the best option to determine the cause. Post it if help is required with troubleshooting.

Check the log and the summary for error and warning messages.