DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

21 minutes ago, z929669 said:

The one time I did it, it created Occlusion.esp and increased my DynDOLOD gen time by a small bit. Worked fine for me as of Alpha 44 I think. I almost never gen occlusion and simply reuse what I have, since landscape isn't changing in my build(s).

That's why I am asking.  Also using Alpha 44 and first time it did generate an occlusion.esp.  Just reran it (updated some mods)and while it took the same amount of time and the log looks like it generated occlusion data, no .esp was generated.  No apparent errors.

29 minutes ago, Zanderat said:

That's why I am asking.  Also using Alpha 44 and first time it did generate an occlusion.esp.  Just reran it (updated some mods)and while it took the same amount of time and the log looks like it generated occlusion data, no .esp was generated.  No apparent errors.

Gotcha. I will step aside then and let someone running A48 chime in ;)

1 hour ago, Zanderat said:

Here's a dumb question.  If selecting "occlusion data", should DynDOLOD generate a separate occlusion.esp or is the occlusion data included in DynDOLOD.esp?  Last couple of times I have it, occlusion.esp failed to be generated.  Nothing in the logs to indicate a problem.  Thanks.

I was about to report a similar thing. I am currently only testing on Enderal LE, and with the previous builds, no Occlusion plugin was created, but it seemed that the data was included in the main DynDOLOD ESP, and the log also showed that it was being created. Now with the latest build, it created a separate Occlusion ESP. Not sure what changed, settings were exactly the same.

Here are the logs from last running DynDOLOD with Alpha-48 and Resources Alpha-14, also regarding the black LOD meshes for the stones that were added. Everything seems fine with the LOD mesh and its texture path, and it displays fine in NifSkope, can't make any sense of it: https://ufile.io/f/zqn1l

Edited by Phlunder

I just got this error after generating lod for hours... Can anything be done with everything generated?

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 17450)

[Content]

Help for this message

[OK] [Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

dyndolod.7z

On 10/15/2021 at 9:34 PM, Zanderat said:

Here's a dumb question.  If selecting "occlusion data", should DynDOLOD generate a separate occlusion.esp or is the occlusion data included in DynDOLOD.esp?  Last couple of times I have it, occlusion.esp failed to be generated.  Nothing in the logs to indicate a problem.  Thanks.

From ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Advanced.html

If Plugin is not checked, the occlusion data is generated into the DynDOLOD.esp.

Check Plugin to generate a dedicated Occlusion.esp, which is equivalent to using xLODGen.

Also hover the mouse pointer over things to see hints

On 10/15/2021 at 10:47 PM, Phlunder said:

I was about to report a similar thing. I am currently only testing on Enderal LE, and with the previous builds, no Occlusion plugin was created, but it seemed that the data was included in the main DynDOLOD ESP, and the log also showed that it was being created. Now with the latest build, it created a separate Occlusion ESP. Not sure what changed, settings were exactly the same.

Here are the logs from last running DynDOLOD with Alpha-48 and Resources Alpha-14, also regarding the black LOD meshes for the stones that were added. Everything seems fine with the LOD mesh and its texture path, and it displays fine in NifSkope, can't make any sense of it: https://ufile.io/f/zqn1l

For Enderal occlusion data is always automatically enabled and generated into the DynDOLOD plugin since years. The default settings to accomplish that did not change. E.g. the Plugin checkbox is not checked by default for Enderal.

On 10/16/2021 at 12:15 AM, Veracruze said:

I just got this error after generating lod for hours... Can anything be done with everything generated?

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 17450)

[Content]

Help for this message

[OK] [Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

dyndolod.7z 77.31 kB · 0 downloads

Read the first post which debug log and bugreport.xt to upload as well when making posts.

Click the "Help for this message" link to open addition help. It should mention to check the load order with xEdit for errors.

Also pay attention to warnings and error message and address them as needed. See ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LogMessages.html

18 hours ago, Phlunder said:

The stones are okay now too, but they seem to have a very dark texture assigned, or its the mesh itself, not sure. Here are some pics. No other mods are used, ENB is disabled:

Aj1yVzo.png gOgIwjS.png

This should be fixed with Alpha-15 of DynDOLOD Resources.

I am getting a CTD from a mesh file. I managed to narrow it down to the following mesh. It opens up in nifskope for me, and I can't exactly tell where it is to know what mod is effecting it. Attached the bto and my log file

SSE Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-C2tCYqCihxVqgX3etBhDlT_Se4mZrRc/view?usp=sharing

BTO File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-I_b2YDTM1eZZYtGs2fSAD8SxachnaFV/view?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, Sandman53 said:

I am getting a CTD from a mesh file. I managed to narrow it down to the following mesh. It opens up in nifskope for me, and I can't exactly tell where it is to know what mod is effecting it. Attached the bto and my log file

SSE Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-C2tCYqCihxVqgX3etBhDlT_Se4mZrRc/view?usp=sharing

BTO File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-I_b2YDTM1eZZYtGs2fSAD8SxachnaFV/view?usp=sharing

Also upload the debug log of DynDOLOD as explained on the first post.

Do not install any 3rd party billboards as explained in the included manual. Use TexGen to generate them all.

Fix this error reported in the log:

<Error: Texture textures\rbroriksteadtextures\planks_lod.dds resolution 256x171 not divisible by 4 used by meshes\rbroriksteadmeshes\mergedhousewithwall13lod.nif RedBag's Rorikstead.esp 000Inn2FarmsMergedRBRorikstead [STAT:4B000D62]>

Probably this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/56114/

Texture resolutions need to be power of 2, like 128,256,512,1024 etc. for textures that are used directly. The UV of the custom "LOD" model using this texture is not inside 0.0 and 1.0 so the LOD for it has to use the texture directly instead of the version on the object LOD texture atlas.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

This should be fixed with Alpha-15 of DynDOLOD Resources.

Yes, those stones are looking fine now, thanks for looking into it! Regarding the Occlusion ESP, with the latest Alpha-48 the separate Occlusion ESP option is definitely checked by default when in Enderal mode. I tested this on a new instance of DynDOLOD to be sure that no presets/changes of mine were still there. When I disabled the separte plugin option, DynDOLOD crashed on generation, due to a seemingly unrelated issue with some sign mesh. Logs with bug report here: https://ufile.io/f/3ofql

The second run where I let the option for a seperate Occlusion ESP checked ran through fine. Not sure if related.

20 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

Yes, those stones are looking fine now, thanks for looking into it! Regarding the Occlusion ESP, with the latest Alpha-48 the separate Occlusion ESP option is definitely checked by default when in Enderal mode. I tested this on a new instance of DynDOLOD to be sure that no presets/changes of mine were still there.

Plugin being checked will be fixed next version.

20 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

When I disabled the separte plugin option, DynDOLOD crashed on generation, due to a seemingly unrelated issue with some sign mesh. Logs with bug report here: https://ufile.io/f/3ofql

The second run where I let the option for a seperate Occlusion ESP checked ran through fine. Not sure if related.

The debug is being replaced for each session. You need to reproduce the error and upload that debug log please.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, sheson said:

Plugin being checked will be fixed next version.

The debug is being replaced for each session. You need to reproduce the error and upload that debug log please.

Sorry, for now I couldn't reproduce it, it was crashing (task not responding for a moment) at:

[00:06] <Warning: File not found Meshes\enderal\clutter\propertysign°.nif. Used by Skyrim.esm _00E_PropertySign "Property Sign" [ACTI:0006A13E]>

And then just said file not found. Now it runs through just fine, also with seperate Occlusion ESP unchecked. Using latest Windows 10 21H1 with only Windows Defender and all game and tool folders in exceptions of course. If I run into it again, I'll post the debug log right away. I didn't know its being replaced each time.

Edited by Phlunder

Hi sheson, I just downloaded the latest version (Alpha-49) and noticed that its missing the "Export"-folder in the Edit Scripts ( ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\ ). Any reason for this? How can I update and test different grass LOD densities if the Export-files are missing?

Edit: Nvm, I guess it will show up after my first LOD-generation... 

Edited by TheDude

1 hour ago, TheDude said:

Hi sheson, I just downloaded the latest version (Alpha-49) and noticed that its missing the "Export"-folder in the Edit Scripts ( ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\ ). Any reason for this? How can I update and test different grass LOD densities if the Export-files are missing?

Edit: Nvm, I guess it will show up after my first LOD-generation... 

Exactly.

The export folder and its content is created when running DynDOLOD with the object LOD option checked. DynDOLOD create these files for LODGen to generate the object LOD meshes.

• Like 1