DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

12 hours ago, KLWaster said:

When using "A Little Tree Mod" and "Cathedral Landscapes" there seems to be a specific variety of tree that I'm getting very red LODs for. Not sure what's going on. Here's an example. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/images/126384

If the screenshot shows billboard tree LOD, then those billboards have red color in them.

If the screenshot shows 3D tree LOD, then those 3D tree LOD models use textures that have red color in them.

You provided no information about how the billboards or 3D tree LOD models were created or which DynDOLOD versions is used.

To troubleshoot you first need to determine or explain where the used LOD assets actually came from.

9 hours ago, MrTissueBox said:

I'm also getting "item not found" error running Dyndolodx64 (Alpha 47)

Here's my files:

https://ufile.io/4gqd5fit (bug report)

https://ufile.io/kjtdvyx9 (log)

https://ufile.io/hdy19p3q (debug log)

The log is an empty file and the debug is incomplete.

Please upload the the complete debug log starting with the first line DynDOLOD 3.0 x64 - Skyrim Special Edition...

Make sure to use the latest version.

Do not install 3rd party billboards. Use TexGen to generate all desired billboards.

I ran into a problem after updating my Load Order and regenerating LODs.

In the screen shots you can see how far far away mountain LODs are very low quality and and right meshes/textures appear when I move camera closer. You can see the change between 1st and 2nd shots. Same thing happens with the tree 3d LODs. Far away trees don't use 3d LODs, but 2d. Difference is seen between 2nd and 3rd shots.

Is this an issue with some .ini settings, some mod modifying LOD transition or did I do something wrong while generating LODs? First time I see this issue.

19 minutes ago, Alexanderman95 said:

I ran into a problem after updating my Load Order and regenerating LODs.

In the screen shots you can see how far far away mountain LODs are very low quality and and right meshes/textures appear when I move camera closer. You can see the change between 1st and 2nd shots. Same thing happens with the tree 3d LODs. Far away trees don't use 3d LODs, but 2d. Difference is seen between 2nd and 3rd shots.

Is this an issue with some .ini settings, some mod modifying LOD transition or did I do something wrong while generating LODs? First time I see this issue.

Read "How LOD works" in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html to learn about the LOD levels and distance settings.

Read "Mod Configuration Menu (SkyUI MCM)" in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html to learn how to change these LOD distances settings in the game.

Read ..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html to learn how mesh mask rules are used to set 3D tree LOD models for the first LOD level and Billboards for the further away LOD levels by default when generating ultra tree LOD.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Read "How LOD works" in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html to learn about the LOD levels and distance settings.

Read "Mod Configuration Menu (SkyUI MCM)" in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html to learn how to change these LOD distances settings in the game.

Read ..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html to learn how mesh mask rules are used to set 3D tree LOD models for the first LOD level and Billboards for the further away LOD levels by default when generating ultra tree LOD.

Thanks. Found what I was looking for.

Hey, apologies, I know these smooth-brained questions are super annoying but I couldn't find an answer to this reading the docs. I have file conflicts between the latest version of DynDOLOD resources and a bunch of LOD meshes provided by other mods like Drengin's Blue Palace Terrace or the Spice of Life orc strongholds. The right thing to do is to let these mods win, right? The authors went to the trouble to provide LOD meshes so I should just use them?

I know that

Since TexGen now generates billboards do not install any 3rd party billboards.

but that applies just to textures, correct? 

Again, sorry, I know it's a stupid question, I just get pretty confused by all the moving parts. So grateful for these tools and the support in using them.

16 hours ago, matashina said:

Hey, apologies, I know these smooth-brained questions are super annoying but I couldn't find an answer to this reading the docs. I have file conflicts between the latest version of DynDOLOD resources and a bunch of LOD meshes provided by other mods like Drengin's Blue Palace Terrace or the Spice of Life orc strongholds. The right thing to do is to let these mods win, right? The authors went to the trouble to provide LOD meshes so I should just use them?

I know that

but that applies just to textures, correct? 

Again, sorry, I know it's a stupid question, I just get pretty confused by all the moving parts. So grateful for these tools and the support in using them.

Read "Load/Overwrite Orders" in ..\DynDOLOD3\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html

Unless a mods description says specifically the LOD models should overwrite DynDOLOD Resources then most likely don't.

If it says to overwrite but doesn't mention DynDOLOD 3, then maybe yes or no. If the LOD model uses stitched object LOD textures which are updated by TexGen then more likely no. If it uses rendered object LOD textures which are not updated by TexGen and ship with the mod then yes.

Look out for "Textures do not match..." warning messages. They are a sign that a LOD model with stitched object LOD textures should most likely not overwrite DynDOLOD Resources anymore.

However, leave these detailed decisions for a time after generating LOD and only noticing discrepancies. If you then discover one overwrites the other would you actually compare to see if maybe the it should be other way around.

Hey, I ran dynDOLOD in admin but still came with this error: https://pastebin.com/2Jbjatnw

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Checking for errors failed Access violation at address 000000000041928F in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'.

[Content]
Read of address 0000000000000000 for arnima.esm [REFR:1227A9C0] (places LoadScreenFrostbiteSpiderArnimaDirt [STAT:1227A9B1] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:1205FCE8] (in ArnimaVoid "Scuttling Void" [WRLD:1205E764] at -5,-3))

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

How do I fix? Let me know if you want anymore logs :) Arnima is the Beyond Reach Mod btw.

Edited by mattski123

1 hour ago, mattski123 said:

Hey, I ran dynDOLOD in admin but still came with this error: https://pastebin.com/2Jbjatnw

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Checking for errors failed Access violation at address 000000000041928F in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'.

[Content]
Read of address 0000000000000000 for arnima.esm [REFR:1227A9C0] (places LoadScreenFrostbiteSpiderArnimaDirt [STAT:1227A9B1] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:1205FCE8] (in ArnimaVoid "Scuttling Void" [WRLD:1205E764] at -5,-3))

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

How do I fix? Let me know if you want anymore logs :) Arnima is the Beyond Reach Mod btw.

Also upload the log and debug log as explained tin the frst post.

Check the mentioned plugin with xEdit error check.

In case the record is being overwritten by another plugin error check that, too.

2 hours ago, user037951 said:

What is the correct order for Grass LOD?

1. Grass Cache
  2. Terrain LOD
  3. TexGen
  4. DynDOLOD

or is there another order? ex

1. Terrain LOD
  2. TexGen
  3. Grass Cache
  4. DynDOLOD
  1. Terrain LOD
  2. Grass Cache
  3. TexGen
  4. DynDOLOD

Read the second post or ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\GrassLOD.html

Terrain LOD and the grass cache have nothing to do with each other. Their order does not matter.

TexGen generates textures from full textures and full models. The grass cache or terrain LOD does not matter. If it did, it would be specifically mentioned.

As explained, DynDOLOD is the tool which generates Grass LOD. It requires grass LOD billboards which TexGen can generate and a warmed grass cache.

The help and manual mention what is required and the steps that need to be done. It does not mention what is not required or steps that do not need to be done.

All listed orders work and will have the same outcome.

10 hours ago, MrTissueBox said:

Here goes again. I left the log and debug log complete.

https://ufile.io/mdnfpxvs bug report

https://ufile.io/gmyd95k7 log

https://ufile.io/bqpvm7qs debuglog

Do not install any third party billboards. Use TexGen to generate all desired billboards.

Remove or hide ..Textures\Terrain\LODGen\*.* from all mods. Only leave the ones from the TexGen output.

Especially remove/hide textures that have warnings about not being divisible by 4.

Make sure the TexGen Output is generated by the latest TexGen version and does not contain files from earlier versions.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Read the second post or ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\GrassLOD.html

Terrain LOD and the grass cache have nothing to do with each other. Their order does not matter.

TexGen generates textures from full textures and full models. The grass cache or terrain LOD does not matter. If it did, it would be specifically mentioned.

As explained, DynDOLOD is the tool which generates Grass LOD. It requires grass LOD billboards which TexGen can generate and a warmed grass cache.

The help and manual mention what is required and the steps that need to be done. It does not mention what is not required or steps that do not need to be done.

All listed orders work and will have the same outcome.

Do not install any third party billboards. Use TexGen to generate all desired billboards.

Remove or hide ..Textures\Terrain\LODGen\*.* from all mods. Only leave the ones from the TexGen output.

Especially remove/hide textures that have warnings about not being divisible by 4.

Thank you for the clarification, now I understand.

The reason for my misunderstanding is due to me not understanding how NGIO works, as I was thinking that perhaps when doing Grass Cache placing the grass it would require the textures to already be done.

Thanks again for the answer to my question

On looking more closely at it, the affected trees are the Aspen trees. The issue appears to have happened when generating the TexGen files for it -- for some reason, all of the TreeAspen##_########.DDS files had a bright red leaf area with no transparency. This doesn't appear to have happened with any of the other tree types (the pine trees for example all do have transparency). So something effed up when generating the TexGen for these specific trees.

I was able to solve it through the following steps: I'm not sure which specific step did the trick, but the combination ended up working.

1. Upgrade Dyndolod 3 from Alpha 39 to Alpha 47
  2. Upgrade "A Little Tree Mod" from version 0.8 to 0.9
  3. Turn on the billboards from "A Little Tree Mod"  (previously they were installed in MO2 but not enabled)
  4. Rerun TexGen
  5. Rerun Dyndolod

After doing all those, it is working. 

7 hours ago, KLWaster said:

On looking more closely at it, the affected trees are the Aspen trees. The issue appears to have happened when generating the TexGen files for it -- for some reason, all of the TreeAspen##_########.DDS files had a bright red leaf area with no transparency. This doesn't appear to have happened with any of the other tree types (the pine trees for example all do have transparency). So something effed up when generating the TexGen for these specific trees.

I was able to solve it through the following steps: I'm not sure which specific step did the trick, but the combination ended up working.

1. Upgrade Dyndolod 3 from Alpha 39 to Alpha 47
  2. Upgrade "A Little Tree Mod" from version 0.8 to 0.9
  3. Turn on the billboards from "A Little Tree Mod"  (previously they were installed in MO2 but not enabled)
  4. Rerun TexGen
  5. Rerun Dyndolod

After doing all those, it is working. 

Red is the color of the default diffuse texture which is used if a texture is missing.

Do not install any billboards. Use TexGen to generate all desired billboards.

Pay attention to the log messages. It will have printed message about the missing textures.

Install missing textures until there are no more messages about missing textures.