DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Just now, sheson said:

Yes, that DynDOLOD.esm is what I meant. Thanks.

Why would a log file that contains lots of information bad?
The log files do not contain IP addresses. If you wonder what the contain, then open and check their content in notepad.

Sorry, I was just being foolish. Do you have any idea how I can fix the issue?

2 minutes ago, sheson said:

You use the the next alpha version that will fix the issue.

Well, that was... beautiful. I thought you were going to blame me because I skipped half of the installation instructions (even though I successfully installed DynDOLOD before). Thank you for your fast answers. 🤗

54 minutes ago, dragonbornlevent said:

Well, that was... beautiful. I thought you were going to blame me because I skipped half of the installation instructions (even though I successfully installed DynDOLOD before). Thank you for your fast answers. 🤗

Generate from scratch with this test version https://mega.nz/file/MNJknJYY#NeMcJ5g44VAYZ6T8eKe43jueuan7mDbWL1dQy0zsghE
Edit: Use this test version instead https://mega.nz/file/tMhhHADD#r9YGd0vUelj-LcreO-jWBNZchXjSI8r6O-5BF5UtN8M

That should fix DynDOLOD.esp being added to DynDOLOD.esm as a master hopefully.

If not, upload new log and debug log please.

If you actually skipped an installation instruction/requirement it would either not be possible to run TexGen/DynDOLOD til the end or there will be errors about SKSE/PapyrusUtil/DynDOLOD DLL in the game.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

The two screenshots show a full model placed by Ryn's White River Watch.esp.
What is the supposed discrepancy between the mod and DynDOLOD? Is there a problem with the LOD?

Sorry, i will try to explain better. 

It is a bit hard to see in the Screenshot, because the console is in front, but a bit up from the consoles black background you can see there is a Gap between the "ground" the player is standing on and the ground that i marked in the shot.

It is a "double" ground, one that is beneath the rocks and one that is at the upper end of the rock.

Thx for your time

11 minutes ago, IskanderStep said:

Sorry, i will try to explain better. 

It is a bit hard to see in the Screenshot, because the console is in front, but a bit up from the consoles black background you can see there is a Gap between the "ground" the player is standing on and the ground that i marked in the shot.

It is a "double" ground, one that is beneath the rocks and one that is at the upper end of the rock.

Thx for your time

DynDOLOD does not change terrain/land or generates terrain LOD.

What makes you believe DynDOLOD has anything to do with the gap between a reference that is placed by a 3rd patry plugins and the terrain/land?
What rudimentary troubleshooting have you done? Does the problem go away without DynDOLOD output or plugins in the load order?

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Generate from scratch with this test version https://mega.nz/file/MNJknJYY#NeMcJ5g44VAYZ6T8eKe43jueuan7mDbWL1dQy0zsghE
Edit: Use this test version instead https://mega.nz/file/tMhhHADD#r9YGd0vUelj-LcreO-jWBNZchXjSI8r6O-5BF5UtN8M

That should fix DynDOLOD.esp being added to DynDOLOD.esm as a master hopefully.

If not, upload new log and debug log please.

If you actually skipped an installation instruction/requirement it would either not be possible to run TexGen/DynDOLOD til the end or there will be errors about SKSE/PapyrusUtil/DynDOLOD DLL in the game.

Well, I did not see your edit and used the first version of the test. The first 2 attempts failed (1 freeze, 1 driver error, and I also get driver errors many times if I run DynDOLOD before restarting my PC).

It looks like it's working, but should I run it again with the new test version? I'm planning to start a new, long playthrough. Should I wait for you to upload the new version to Nexus? I don't like to install/uninstall/update ANY mods for maximum stability. As I mentioned, I'm planning a long, very long playthrough.

7 minutes ago, dragonbornlevent said:

Well, I did not see your edit and used the first version of the test. The first 2 attempts failed (1 freeze, 1 driver error, and I also get driver errors many times if I run DynDOLOD before restarting my PC).

It looks like it's working, but should I run it again with the new test version? I'm planning to start a new, long playthrough. Should I wait for you to upload the new version to Nexus? I don't like to install/uninstall/update ANY mods for maximum stability. As I mentioned, I'm planning a long, very long playthrough.

If it did not add DynDOLOD.esp as master to DynDOLOD.esm, so no error in LOOT, then all is fine and you can do that very long play through til Thursday afternoon.

This is an Alpha version, so if anything with LOD acts weird and a new version fixes that, you can usually do a clean save and generate from scratch in the meantime without the rest of the play through being affected. Or just ignore the visual issue ...

Random freezes or driver errors hint at problems with hardware, BIOS settings, drivers etc.

3 minutes ago, sheson said:

If it did not add DynDOLOD.esp as master to DynDOLOD.esm, so no error in LOOT, then all is fine and you can do that very long play through til Thursday afternoon.

This is an Alpha version, so if anything with LOD acts weird and a new version fixes that, you can usually do a clean save and generate from scratch in the meantime without the rest of the play through being affected. Or just ignore the visual issue ...

Random freezes or driver errors hint at problems with hardware, BIOS settings, drivers etc.

You mean I can safely update DynDOLOD mid game? Because last time I updated some other mods mid game, infinite loading screens started occurring.

Hi!

I have been looking into creating grass LOD using LODGen 3 (latest version).

My grass LOD is currently not showing in game, but I have a good idea why, I just don't know how to fix it.

Going through https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD, near the bottom of the page, there is a list of things to check. I checked all of these and found two issues:
1) \DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_[Worldspace].txt file does not exist. It is listed in the file \DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_[Worldspace].txt but the file it links to (\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_[Worldspace].txt) does not exist. There are no LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_[Worldspace].txt at all.

2) This is probably related to (1), the atlas file does not have grass included but does have empty space where it may have added transparent grass billboards. I confirmed the grass billboards exist generated from texgen.

I can't find any grass related errors in the output.

Does anyone know what could have caused this problem?

Many thanks!

18 minutes ago, Lulie said:

Hi!

I have been looking into creating grass LOD using LODGen 3 (latest version).

My grass LOD is currently not showing in game, but I have a good idea why, I just don't know how to fix it.

Going through https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD, near the bottom of the page, there is a list of things to check. I checked all of these and found two issues:
1) \DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_[Worldspace].txt file does not exist. It is listed in the file \DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_[Worldspace].txt but the file it links to (\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_[Worldspace].txt) does not exist. There are no LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_[Worldspace].txt at all.

2) This is probably related to (1), the atlas file does not have grass included but does have empty space where it may have added transparent grass billboards. I confirmed the grass billboards exist generated from texgen.

I can't find any grass related errors in the output.

Does anyone know what could have caused this problem?

Many thanks!

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which TexGen and DynDOLOD logs and debug logs to upload when making posts.

The Grass_Map text file might not exist because it did not find any grass billboards and that is why there are no grass billboard textures added to the atlas texture.

Go through the entire troubleshooting list.

• sheson changed the title to DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 138

I'm seeing an extremely large fire glow (DefaultTorch01NS_DynDOLOD_BASE) above the CaveLamps01 and FXfireWithEmbersLogs01 models in Raven Rock.  Is there a way to reduce it?  The glow does not exist when I disable the DynDOLOD plugin.  I reran DynDOLOD just now after updating to DynDOLOD 3 Alpha-138.  Also, I'm using Resources Alpha-41 and DLL NG Alpha-12.

I haven't noticed this large glow on any other fire basin 'lamps' (such as the ones in Whiterun).

image.png.1429cca4f3b83ebed7139788152bf13a.png

image.png.251927c984e68a546b531402a6348393.png

image.png.ab0c753006b9812782cd8cc87990174c.png

DynDOLOD_SSE_ModelsUsed_DLC2SolstheimWorld.txt

DynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_DLC2SolstheimWorld.txt

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

Edited by Kattmandu

Hi sheson,

using the latest version of DynDOLOD and NG DLL with 3.0 scripts for large ref workaround, I get the following repeatable error:

"Error: Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 12868)".

Attached is the log and here is the debug log (very big file O.o): https://file.io/08tYu3MROpsR.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Judging from the multple reports regarding "sticky" LOD glow fx in Solstheim, it seems like this bug is somewhat tied to the Solstheim worldspace, whereas in Tamriel these sticky lights do not occur (as often?). Counting this forum and Nexusmods, there are minimum a dozen individual reports stating that LOD glow fx is sticky in Solstheim worldspace.