DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

4 hours ago, ThorM465 said:

Has anyone had any problems with the Celtic Music in Skyrim - SE mod in the latest Dyndolod? It appears to be causing a LODGen Failed To Generate Object LOD problem for me. I'm getting an error message in my Tamriel and Tamriel AUT/SPR/SUM logs. Each process seemed to get stuck at that point forcing me to manually close the window so the process would continue. What I don't understand is, why is Dyndolod interacting with a music mod? Does this mod do something I didn't expect?

From my log file:

Error reading H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Celtic_Music_In_Skyrim_SE.bsa The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'. (Parameter 'chars') file not found meshes\sess_lod\rocks\rockl04_lod_1.nif

https://ufile.io/hjh6efdv

https://ufile.io/f4aamme9

I'll add my debug file here once the upload completes.

Read the first post which debug log to upload.

The BSA seems to be corrupt or contain unexpected data. In order to know what files are in an archive, the archive needs to be opened and looked at.
Are you just assuming it does not contain relevant files or did you actually check? Same principle.

The actual error is the message "file not found meshes\sess_lod\rocks\rockl04_lod_1.nif" in LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt

The DynDOLOD log also shows 
[04:53] <Warning: File not found meshes\sess_lod\rocks\rockl04_lod_1.nif Solitude Exterior Sovngarde Statue Set V.esp SESSV_RockL04 [STAT:FE8D2805]>

SSE-Terrain-Tamriel-Full-Extend.esm should only be active when generating terrain LOD.

Here's my debug file. Sorry it was 1GB and took a while to upload to the share site. https://ufile.io/9qt0eitz I think this is the one asked for in the OP.

No I haven't checked it yet. I know how to open BSAs, but I don't really know what I'm looking at when I do. haha Should I open it and upload those files to the share site and post here?

Yea, I forgot to disable the SSE-Terrain-Tamriel-Full-Extended.esm plugin. I reran my xlodgen yesterday to correct some other missing world space issues and forgot to disable that plugin.

I ran Dyndolod again last night without that plugin or the Celtic plugins and I'm still getting the file not found meshes\sess_lod\rocks\rockl04_lod_1.nif.

Anything else I can provide that would be helpful?

Edit: I extracted the BSA and it's nothing but .xwm files.

Edited by ThorM465
Added Information

Hello, I am getting the OpenGL Invalid operation when I run Textgen3.0 alpha. I am running a 7900xtx and the newest AMD Ryzen 9 7950x. I am running the program using the graphic card not the integrated graphics.  No antivirus or crapware installed on my system. I have tried the test build mentioned in this forum for the AMD issue and it does not work still. I am also using mod organizer 2 with no other mods installed. My AMD driver is 22.12.1. I am using the program on skyrim vr. Is there any fix.

TexGen_TES5VR_Debug_log.txt TexGen_TES5VR_log.txt

Hi, wondering if anyone could help me. I asked a question in the Support sub forum regarding a plugin that is esl/master file. I'm unable to use TexGen as it requires me to resolve this issue first before proceeding, which doesn't seem possible...

Edited by CloudLambda

3 hours ago, ThorM465 said:

Here's my debug file. Sorry it was 1GB and took a while to upload to the share site. https://ufile.io/9qt0eitz I think this is the one asked for in the OP.

No I haven't checked it yet. I know how to open BSAs, but I don't really know what I'm looking at when I do. haha Should I open it and upload those files to the share site and post here?

Yea, I forgot to disable the SSE-Terrain-Tamriel-Full-Extended.esm plugin. I reran my xlodgen yesterday to correct some other missing world space issues and forgot to disable that plugin.

I ran Dyndolod again last night without that plugin or the Celtic plugins and I'm still getting the file not found meshes\sess_lod\rocks\rockl04_lod_1.nif.

Anything else I can provide that would be helpful?

Edit: I extracted the BSA and it's nothing but .xwm files.

The BSA error is irrelevant.

The actual problem that needs to be fixed is the missing LOD asset. Install the missing file.

On 12/20/2022 at 11:09 PM, Bluefish9987 said:

Hello, I am getting the OpenGL Invalid operation when I run Textgen3.0 alpha. I am running a 7900xtx and the newest AMD Ryzen 9 7950x. I am running the program using the graphic card not the integrated graphics.  No antivirus or crapware installed on my system. I have tried the test build mentioned in this forum for the AMD issue and it does not work still. I am also using mod organizer 2 with no other mods installed. My AMD driver is 22.12.1. I am using the program on skyrim vr. Is there any fix.

TexGen_TES5VR_Debug_log.txt 129.38 kB · 0 downloads TexGen_TES5VR_log.txt 25.5 kB · 0 downloads

Unpack stitched.frag from the attached archive to..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Shaders\stitched.frag and let me know if it works or upload new logs, including bugreport.txt if it exists.

Edit: Use latest alpha version. It has the updated stitched.frag included.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

The BSA error is irrelevant.

The actual problem that needs to be fixed is the missing LOD asset. Install the missing file.

So do I just need to copy rockl04_lod_0.nif to rockl04_lod_1.nif in the Dyndolod Resources SE Mod Folder?  Or am I missing a file that should have been in one of my mods? Thanks for the help!

23 minutes ago, ThorM465 said:

Or am I missing a file that should have been in one of my mods?

You are missing a file that should have been in 'Solitude Exterior Sovngarde Statue Set'. The warning tells you which file:

File not found meshes\sess_lod\rocks\rockl04_lod_1.nif

Notice the file path: meshes\sess_lod\... is a folder specific to that SESS mod.

1 hour ago, Mousetick said:

You are missing a file that should have been in 'Solitude Exterior Sovngarde Statue Set'. The warning tells you which file:

File not found meshes\sess_lod\rocks\rockl04_lod_1.nif

Notice the file path: meshes\sess_lod\... is a folder specific to that SESS mod.

Thank you for that! I tracked 'Solitude Exterior Sovngarde Statue Set' down to Modular PatchXPress (MPXP). rockl04_lod_1.nif was in it's mod folder under the meshes as I would expect it to be. I would much rather it had been missing, because now I'm completely lost as to what's going on. Why does Dyndolod not recognize this file's existence? Is this most likely user error on my part somewhere, a problem with the mod, or a Dyndolod error?

It's weird that I had previously searched my mod folder for "rockl04_lod_1.nif" and it didn't find it. Gotta love windows.

1 hour ago, ThorM465 said:

rockl04_lod_1.nif was in it's mod folder under the meshes as I would expect it to be.

It's unclear where "you would expect it to be" really is. DynDOLOD expects it to be in meshes > sess_lod  > rocks, as that is where the mod plugin says it should be.

16 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

It's unclear where "you would expect it to be" really is. DynDOLOD expects it to be in meshes > sess_lod  > rocks, as that is where the mod plugin says it should be.

Fair point. This is my location:

\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Skyrim Special Edition\mods\Modular PatchXPress (MPXP)\meshes\00_lod\rocks

The mod recently had a massive overhaul in its file structure by adding a FOMOD. I wonder if that's causing this problem.

3 hours ago, ThorM465 said:

So do I just need to copy rockl04_lod_0.nif to rockl04_lod_1.nif in the Dyndolod Resources SE Mod Folder?  Or am I missing a file that should have been in one of my mods? Thanks for the help!

No. The linked discussion is irrelevant.

See https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Meshes

[04:53] <Warning: File not found meshes\sess_lod\rocks\rockl04_lod_1.nif Solitude Exterior Sovngarde Statue Set V.esp SESSV_RockL04 [STAT:FE8D2805]>

The error message tells you the plugin and base record that expects the NIF to be at the mentioned path. Find out which mod contains the plugin Solitude Exterior Sovngarde Statue Set V.esp and check its installation, requirements and options. Typically the mod installer installs its required LOD assets. Make sure you use its latest version and have installed its requirements.

Maybe the mod author made a mistake. Check the mods comments and bug reports.

1 hour ago, ThorM465 said:

Thank you for that! I tracked 'Solitude Exterior Sovngarde Statue Set' down to Modular PatchXPress (MPXP). rockl04_lod_1.nif was in it's mod folder under the meshes as I would expect it to be. I would much rather it had been missing, because now I'm completely lost as to what's going on. Why does Dyndolod not recognize this file's existence? Is this most likely user error on my part somewhere, a problem with the mod, or a Dyndolod error?

It's weird that I had previously searched my mod folder for "rockl04_lod_1.nif" and it didn't find it. Gotta love windows.

DynDOLOD, like every other program, use OS functions to check if a file exists or to read/write files. The OS tells DynDOLOD, that the file does not exist at that location.

The path DynDOLOD queries is:
H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\meshes\sess_lod\rocks\rockl04_lod_1.nif

It is the OS that is telling DynDOLOD the file does not exist at that path.

36 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Are you not seeing that 00_lod is not the same as sse_lod?

I do. That's what I was referring to in my latter comment. The folder structure was created by the mod author. I don't know why Dyndolod would be looking for what I think is the old folder structure. I don't understand this stuff well enough to know whether 00_lod was intentional by the mod author or if it's an error on his part.

22 minutes ago, sheson said:

Maybe the mod author made a mistake. Check the mods comments and bug reports.

I'll go run this down from that end now. Thank you for the information!

2 hours ago, ThorM465 said:

I do. That's what I was referring to in my latter comment. The folder structure was created by the mod author. I don't know why Dyndolod would be looking for what I think is the old folder structure. I don't understand this stuff well enough to know whether 00_lod was intentional by the mod author or if it's an error on his part.

Are you saying that your version of the base record FExxx805 in Solitude Exterior Sovngarde Statue Set V.esp does not define that path for the MNAM - Distant LOD levels?

Use xEdit or CK to check the base record.