DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

14 minutes ago, wdk said:

[Main Instruction]
Unresolved FormID [650578F1]

[Content]
Error in TheScarlett.esp aaaBathMirrorActivatorDUPLICATE001 "Change Appearance" [ACTI:6502582C]

Is there any way to skip the script/plugin error checking? I get it, there's an error in one of the plugins in my load order. But why completely block LOD generation for that reason? Just updated to the latest Alpha 58 from Alpha 33 which did not have this step afaik.

Thanks in advance Sheson!

No.

The patching process can not create a stable patch if there are errors.

36 minutes ago, sheson said:

No.

The patching process can not create a stable patch if there are errors.

I don't understand why there's no way to skip it. I assume previous versions didn't check for errors and maybe making an unstable patch but that did not actually result in any ctd's or errors in thousand hours of gameplay. I can't even imagine how many errors most Wabbajack lists or other huge loadorders have in their plugins, even if they do their best to patch everything out, some things can't be fixed by themselves.

In case this change was not required by any changes in how Dyndolod creates its patch(es), why not give us the choice of skipping it? Afaik it was not present in earlier versions, or at least did not completely block the LOD generation process.

Usually I would simply revert to an earlier version of Dyndolod 3, but they are not available anymore.

Modding is all about choices, is it not?

33 minutes ago, wdk said:

I don't understand why there's no way to skip it. I assume previous versions didn't check for errors and maybe making an unstable patch but that did not actually result in any ctd's or errors in thousand hours of gameplay. I can't even imagine how many errors most Wabbajack lists or other huge loadorders have in their plugins, even if they do their best to patch everything out, some things can't be fixed by themselves.

In case this change was not required by any changes in how Dyndolod creates its patch(es), why not give us the choice of skipping it? Afaik it was not present in earlier versions, or at least did not completely block the LOD generation process.

Usually I would simply revert to an earlier version of Dyndolod 3, but they are not available anymore.

Modding is all about choices, is it not?

If you believe the choice is between a game containing easily fixable errors and using a program I happen to share and support publicly for free, I'd say your time is better spend learning proper modding practice and fixing your load order.

Since years everybody else checks and fixes these types of errors with xEdit long before generating LOD. Especially modding  guides or modlists.

I for one enjoy the reduced amount of support posts troubleshooting cryptic error messages in the patching process or issues people have in the game and believe are caused by DynDOLOD.

10 minutes ago, sheson said:

If you believe the choice is between a game containing easily fixable errors and using a program I happen to share and support publicly for free, I'd say your time is better spend learning proper modding practice and fixing your load order.

Since years everybody else checks and fixes these types of errors with xEdit long before generating LOD. Especially modding  guides or modlists.

I understand, time to dive into xEdit then.

1 hour ago, wdk said:

I understand, time to dive into xEdit then.

What is the reason for some "Unresolved FormIDs error" - messages to not block the entire LOD generation? Some do, others don't. Is there a specific condition a error has to meet before it will block the generation?

Edited by wdk
clarity

Another issue I'm running into is how gruesomely slow my Dyndolod is. It barely uses any CPU, memory or disk yet it makes some aspects of Windows super slow, such as opening or closing programs.

As you can see below, it created only a few lods in only 7 minutes, and before it started creating them there was a stall of around 7 minutes. The error checking process (which I now passed successfully) also took 45 minutes. Below is just for the Tamriel worldspace, with many more worldspaces to come...

Any ideas as to what might be causing this? With Alpha 33 Dyndolod took about 30-40 minutes. Obviously now with the error check process I guess it will take longer, but the LOD generation itself does not seem to be performing as expected. I do notice it's spiking the GPU from time to time to 100%.

Quick spec list:

Ryzen 5 5600X

32GB (2x16) 3800CL16 RAM

All of my drives are SSD's.

RX 6800XT

[43:03] [Tamriel] Processing 729 child worldspace references
[43:03] [Tamriel] Generating object LOD
[50:38] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\smim_shack_rooflod.dds
[52:48] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\dirtcliffgrass02lod.dds
[53:45] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\treepineforestcutlod.dds
[54:05] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\stockadeplanks01snowlod.dds
[54:25] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\dirtcliffsediment01lod.dds
[54:43] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\pinebarklod.dds
[55:02] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\smim_smelter_spoutlod.dds
[56:49] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\stockadewood01snowlod.dds
[57:29] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\dirtcliffgrass01lod.dds
[1:00:06] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\smim_wood_mine_plankslod.dds
[1:00:08] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\stockadeplanks01lod.dds

2 hours ago, wdk said:

What is the reason for some "Unresolved FormIDs error" - messages to not block the entire LOD generation? Some do, others don't. Is there a specific condition a error has to meet before it will block the generation?

Yes.

1 hour ago, wdk said:

Another issue I'm running into is how gruesomely slow my Dyndolod is. It barely uses any CPU, memory or disk yet it makes some aspects of Windows super slow, such as opening or closing programs.

As you can see below, it created only a few lods in only 7 minutes, and before it started creating them there was a stall of around 7 minutes. The error checking process (which I now passed successfully) also took 45 minutes. Below is just for the Tamriel worldspace, with many more worldspaces to come...

Any ideas as to what might be causing this? With Alpha 33 Dyndolod took about 30-40 minutes. Obviously now with the error check process I guess it will take longer, but the LOD generation itself does not seem to be performing as expected. I do notice it's spiking the GPU from time to time to 100%.

Quick spec list:

Ryzen 5 5600X

32GB (2x16) 3800CL16 RAM

All of my drives are SSD's.

RX 6800XT

[43:03] [Tamriel] Processing 729 child worldspace references
[43:03] [Tamriel] Generating object LOD
[50:38] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\smim_shack_rooflod.dds
[52:48] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\dirtcliffgrass02lod.dds
[53:45] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\treepineforestcutlod.dds
[54:05] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\stockadeplanks01snowlod.dds
[54:25] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\dirtcliffsediment01lod.dds
[54:43] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\pinebarklod.dds
[55:02] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\smim_smelter_spoutlod.dds
[56:49] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\stockadewood01snowlod.dds
[57:29] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\dirtcliffgrass01lod.dds
[1:00:06] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\smim_wood_mine_plankslod.dds
[1:00:08] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\stockadeplanks01lod.dds

Read the first post what entire log files of the last meaningful generation to upload when making posts.

Typically the thing that require the most work are high texture resolutions while generating on demand object LOD textures or texture atlases.

If there are many cores there is a good chance of too many parallel threads requiring too much memory.

30 minutes ago, sheson said:

Yes.

Read the first post what entire log files of the last meaningful generation to upload when making posts.

Typically the thing that require the most work are high texture resolutions while generating on demand object LOD textures or texture atlases.

If there are many cores there is a good chance of too many parallel threads requiring too much memory.

Thanks for your fast answers. Luckily thanks to a user on the Wabbajack Discord I figured out what was causing this insanely slow process. At first I thought it was Windows AV screwing me over again even though I have exclusions in place, but that wasn't the case.

The culprit software was AMD's Radeon Software (latest 21.12.1 release). I do not why it interferes with Dyndolod, but doing a driver-only install as suggested by that user fixed it. As you can see in the snippet below, it now started generating LOD after 1.5 mins, instead of 50 minutes, and is now going through the entire process at expected speeds.

I know below isn't the entire log, but as it is clearly not related to Dyndolod I didn't think it was necessary anymore.

[01:24] [Tamriel] Processing 729 child worldspace references
[01:25] [Tamriel] Generating object LOD
[01:31] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\dirtcliffgrass02lod.dds
[01:34] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\stockadeplanks01lod.dds
[01:35] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\dirtcliffgrass01lod.dds

TLDR: Crappy AMD software

16 minutes ago, wdk said:

Thanks for your fast answers. Luckily thanks to a user on the Wabbajack Discord I figured out what was causing this insanely slow process. At first I thought it was Windows AV screwing me over again even though I have exclusions in place, but that wasn't the case.

The culprit software was AMD's Radeon Software (latest 21.12.1 release). I do not why it interferes with Dyndolod, but doing a driver-only install as suggested by that user fixed it. As you can see in the snippet below, it now started generating LOD after 1.5 mins, instead of 50 minutes, and is now going through the entire process at expected speeds.

I know below isn't the entire log, but as it is clearly not related to Dyndolod I didn't think it was necessary anymore.

[01:24] [Tamriel] Processing 729 child worldspace references
[01:25] [Tamriel] Generating object LOD
[01:31] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\dirtcliffgrass02lod.dds
[01:34] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\stockadeplanks01lod.dds
[01:35] Creating E:\Skyrim Modlists\LS3\_OUTPUTS\DYNDOLOD\textures\lod\dirtcliffgrass01lod.dds

TLDR: Crappy AMD software

Crapware doing crapware things... good to know.

Hi! I have Dyndolod.esp loaded second to last in my load order (right above Occlusion.esp generated from SSELODGen), but when I start a new game I see the following message at the top left of the screen:  “Dyndolod.esp is not found or too high in your load order”

I was wondering what might cause that message to appear?  Love this mod by the way, since the days of LE! Thanks Sheson!

6 hours ago, dzee349 said:

Hi! I have Dyndolod.esp loaded second to last in my load order (right above Occlusion.esp generated from SSELODGen), but when I start a new game I see the following message at the top left of the screen:  “Dyndolod.esp is not found or too high in your load order”

I was wondering what might cause that message to appear?  Love this mod by the way, since the days of LE! Thanks Sheson!

Make sure there are not more than 254 full plugins in the load order.

5 hours ago, Diplodoc said:

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Invalid resolution.

[Content]
Create mipmaps. while processing textures\landscape\mountains\MountainSlab01.dds.

Screenshot 2021-12-21 050623.png

Read the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread where to make posts when participating in the DynDOLOD 3 alpha test. I moved the post to the thread.

Read the first post what entire log file of the last meaningful generation and debug log  file to upload when making posts. Also upload bugreport.txt if it exists.

Make sure textures\landscape\mountains\MountainSlab01.dds resolution is power of 2.

Hello,

as some other users here I have been unable to completely generate the Object LODs for Tamriel worldspace (LODGenx64 has been unable to generate Object LOD). I am not sure what mods are causing this issue, but the "LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt" ends the report with the following sentence: "Error processing grass data Tamrielx-017y-036.cgid" and cites the error code: 640.

Here is the full log file: https://ufile.io/yk7eio4m

Dyndolod shows me a page with a summary of all the messages after the failed/partial generation of the lods: file:///C:/Modding/Skyrim%20Tools/Dyndolod%203/DynDOLOD/Summary/DynDOLOD_Index.html

The messagws listed are the following:

1. Deleted Reference (it lists many deleted references from the Dawnguard.esm, Update.esm, HearthFires.esm and 2 deleted references from ArteFake.esp)

ArteFake:

] <Warning: Deleted reference ArteFake.esp [REFR:02015D7A] (places ArmorDraugrHelmet "Ancient Nord Helmet" [ARMO:00056A9E] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SoulCairnPOIRJ02 [CELL:02002C8A] (in DLC01SoulCairn "Soul Cairn" [WRLD:02001408] at 5,-3))>
] <Warning: Deleted reference ArteFake.esp [REFR:02015D87] (places DummyGreatSword [WEAP:0006A0B8] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SoulCairnPOIRJ02 [CELL:02002C8A] (in DLC01SoulCairn "Soul Cairn" [WRLD:02001408] at 5,-3))>

2. File Not Found Meshes/Textures (It lists only files from Beyond Skyrim that i suppose are planned to be implemented in future updates)

3. LODGen Failed To Generate Object LOD

] <Error: LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel. LODGenx64.exe returned 280. Check C:\Modding\Skyrim Tools\Dyndolod 3\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt>
] Error: LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds. Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)

4. Large Reference Bugs from the following mods:

Overwritten large reference in the following mods:
AI Overhaul.esp
Better Dynamic Snow SE.esp
Beyond Reach - Skyrim Border Tweak.esp
BeyondSkyrimMerchant.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
Dlizzio's Mesh Fixes.esp
Embers XD.esp
Folkvangr - Grass and Landscape Overhaul.esp
Identity Crisis.esp
Inigo.esp
Lux Orbis.esp
NewArmoury.esp 
Obsidian Mountain Fogs.esp 
Particle Patch for ENB SSE.esp
Requiem.esp
Skyrim Bridges.esp
SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
Initially disabled large reference in the following mods:

Beyond Reach - Skyrim Border Tweak.esp 
Cutting Room Floor.esp
Identity Crisis.esp
Landscape and Water Fixes.esp
LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm
Lux.esp
Skyrim Bridges.esp

Overwritten large reference in the following mods: 

Lux.esp
Requiem-betterForgottenVale.esp

5. Potentially wild edit reference in Arnima.esm (from Beyond Reach):

] <Warning: Potentially wild edit reference with z = 0.0 arnima.esm [REFR:0C2712AA] (places NorTentSmallLightSnow [STAT:00083ADC] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0C000D63] (in arnimaDUPLICATE003 "The Reach" [WRLD:0C000D62] at 0,0))>

6. Property not found in Scripts:

Warning: Property not found myactivator03 in scripts\aaabookofriddlesscript.pex Identity Crisis.esp 000BookofRiddlesActivator "Book of Riddles" [ACTI:4D09B918]
Warning: Property not found placedpilebase in scripts\mnps_pileharvestscript.pex HearthCraft.esp MNPS_OaristysOreBucket_QuicksilverRef "Quicksilver Ore Bucket" [ACTI:4A13A2EA]
Warning: Property not found playerref in scripts\mnps_pileharvestscript.pex HearthCraft.esp MNPS_OaristysOreBucket_QuicksilverRef "Quicksilver Ore Bucket" [ACTI:4A13A2EA]
] <Warning: Property not found arnimasound in scripts\arnimadestroyonactivate.pex arnima.esm [REFR:0C399638] (places ArnimasetstageboxPlace "..." [ACTI:0C399639] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:0C003882] (in arnimaDUPLICATE003 "The Reach" [WRLD:0C000D62]) at 4,-10)>

7. Root Block:

from Folkvangr, Cathedral - 3d Pine Grass, Origins of Forest, Legacy of the Dragonborn, Beyond Skyrim and Beyond Reach.

8. Textures do not match

for

"MountainCliffSlope:0"
"MountainCliffSlope:2"
"RockCliffMineEntrance02:1
"RockCliffMineEntrance02:21"

all of which come from Beyond Skyrim.

Has somebody encountered the same issues and was able to solve them?

Up to a Week ago I was able to generate Dyndolod with the same exact load order without any issue.