DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

6 hours ago, WizardPie said:

So, I was trying to run TexGen, and got the following error: framebuffer objects unsupported. Here is the debug log for one of these attempts: [ https://paste.ee/p/2HlXe ] I tried this multiple times, and it was not always ridgedstone08patternlod that it failed on, it was seemingly random as to when it would fail.

So, after searching this forum for a while, I figured I would update my graphics driver, as you seemed to have suggested that to others, however, instead of fixing the problem, this only made things worse. Now when I try to run TexGen as soon as it starts on the 'creating textures' section, it immediately crashes without even creating a debug log. Please help.

Edit: I was able to fix the crashing issue, which happened to be due to a setting in the geforce control panel. However, the 'framebuffer objects unsupported' problem is still present.

(p.s. I couldn't figure out how to edit the original post, sorry)

Upload the new log and debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists) for the updated driver.

Let us know what setting you changed in the Geforce control panel.

Edit ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI in Notepad and add GLListDebug=1 and GLDebug=1 under [TexGen]. Delete old logs and bugreport.txt and then run again. Upload that log and debug and bugreport.txt if it exists as well.

Well, the setting was: Allow access to the GPU performance counters to all users

However, that seems to have been a temporary fix, because now it went back to crashing(which results in no logs whatsoever for some reason). So now I rolled back the driver, which stops the crashing but still gives the error. Here are the fresh logs after adding

GLListDebug=1

GLDebug=1

to TexGen_SSE.ini, there is no bugreport.txt though

Logs.7z

1 hour ago, WizardPie said:

Well, the setting was: Allow access to the GPU performance counters to all users

However, that seems to have been a temporary fix, because now it went back to crashing(which results in no logs whatsoever for some reason). So now I rolled back the driver, which stops the crashing but still gives the error. Here are the fresh logs after adding

GLListDebug=1

GLDebug=1

to TexGen_SSE.ini, there is no bugreport.txt though

Logs.7z 220.61 kB · 0 downloads

Check the Windows event log for related messages to crashes without log. It typically means the tool is being terminated. In that case also add RealTimeLog=1 to the INI.

In any case, run this test version of TexGenx64.exe https://mega.nz/file/xBATGDxT#09spFHG99r0lPVz9DRrQ_UBuzheFe1pWgeZkeezS7wk with GLListDebug=1 and GLDebug=1. Clear out the log folder first. Upload the new log, debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists.

9 hours ago, sheson said:

Replace Texconvx64.exe in the ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\ folder with this version https://mega.nz/file/QERUxLaB#wr0QIq9BKLqVAhxIwRlINoVBkUkiY_vxH9fJCytA_cU and let us know what happens. Delete all files in the log folder in order to have clean logs. If problem persists upload new log and debug log.

This time it stopped at "icefrozen03lod.dds", different texture again. I tried moving dyndolod resources in my load order (highest priority) but it didn't work too. Log and debug log uploaded.

Logs.rar

Hi sheson,

What exactly are the criteria for an object to be assigned the "objSnowHD" tag in object LOD? I have given it a directional material with "snow" in the name, and ticked the "Uses High-Detail LOD Texture" box, but it comes out with just "objSnow" or "objSnow-LargeRef"

image.thumb.png.bf724c446ff9a45d95ecf43b62f6a39c.pngimage.thumb.png.23eafa8a87f9cb6140113122fcd1d35b.png

For context, I am trying to hijack the HD Snow LOD material for a moss shader, so I can have more than two LOD materials. I have the default object set up so it all works in game if I give it "objSnowHD-LargeRef" manually, I just can't figure out exactly what I need to do to get DynDOLOD to assign the proper string.

Here are my relevant log files, if those help: https://ufile.io/p2c5g4at

1 hour ago, ysrwho said:

This time it stopped at "icefrozen03lod.dds", different texture again. I tried moving dyndolod resources in my load order (highest priority) but it didn't work too. Log and debug log uploaded.

Logs.rar 487.06 kB · 0 downloads

The texture(s) shown in the are ones that have just been generated and saved uncompressed by TexGen.

Which texture Texconv currently tries to compress or uncompress may be different.

TexGen is generating stitched object LOD textures from full textures when Texconv seems to stall.

Open ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI and add LockTexconv=1 under [TexGen] then test if there is anything different.

If not, set change the compression formats at the bottom of TexGen to BC3 (DXT5) for Diffuse alpha and Normal specular on the left and to BC1 (DXT1) for Diffuse and Normal on the right.

23 minutes ago, Gamma_Metroid said:

Hi sheson,

What exactly are the criteria for an object to be assigned the "objSnowHD" tag in object LOD? I have given it a directional material with "snow" in the name, and ticked the "Uses High-Detail LOD Texture" box, but it comes out with just "objSnow" or "objSnow-LargeRef"

image.thumb.png.bf724c446ff9a45d95ecf43b62f6a39c.pngimage.thumb.png.23eafa8a87f9cb6140113122fcd1d35b.png

For context, I am trying to hijack the HD Snow LOD material for a moss shader, so I can have more than two LOD materials. I have the default object set up so it all works in game if I give it "objSnowHD-LargeRef" manually, I just can't figure out exactly what I need to do to get DynDOLOD to assign the proper string.

Here are my relevant log files, if those help: https://ufile.io/p2c5g4at

HD LOD shaders (or rather the shape name and flag) are typically not applied to shapes that use LOD textures (*lod.dss or object LOD atlas) but full textures only. There is quite a bit more automatic stuff with DynDOLOD

It is possible to force "HD" on what is not seen as HD LOD, but I'll need a practical setup to test/address this. If you have a test plugin with just the necessary records and full/LOD assets etc. that would help. PM me the download details if you do not want to share publicly.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

The texture(s) shown in the are ones that have just been generated and saved uncompressed by TexGen.

Which texture Texconv currently tries to compress or uncompress may be different.

TexGen is generating stitched object LOD textures from full textures when Texconv seems to stall.

Open ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI and add LockTexconv=1 under [TexGen] then test if there is anything different.

If not, set change the compression formats at the bottom of TexGen to BC3 (DXT5) for Diffuse alpha and Normal specular on the left and to BC1 (DXT1) for Diffuse and Normal on the right.

Changing formats to bc3 and bc1 worked! Texgen completed successfully. Then i ran dyndolod, it completed generating object lods, plugins, occlusion etc. but stuck at "Waiting for Texconv to convert 1 textures". I closed dyndolod but it didn't generate dyndolod.esp. So i couldn't test it in the game. Dyndolod debug log: https://ufile.io/xocoyteg

Successfully generated texgen logs.rar

22 minutes ago, ysrwho said:

Changing formats to bc3 and bc1 worked! Texgen completed successfully. Then i ran dyndolod, it completed generating object lods, plugins, occlusion etc. but stuck at "Waiting for Texconv to convert 1 textures". I closed dyndolod but it didn't generate dyndolod.esp. So i couldn't test it in the game. Dyndolod debug log: https://ufile.io/xocoyteg

Successfully generated texgen logs.rar 397.67 kB · 0 downloads

That means there must be a problem with DirectX (DirectCompute), which Texconv uses for BC7 compressions. BC1/BC3 are done with the CPU.

If you edit ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and change to these values for the object and tree LOD atlas they will be done with the BC1/BC3 compression as well:
ObjectLODDiffuseFormat=200
ObjectLODAlphaDiffuseFormat=202
ObjectLODNormalFormat=200
TreeLODDiffuseFormat=202

See if you can update or repair DirectX or try a clean install of the latest release driver again.

DynDOLOD keeps hanging when creating texture atlases. The atlas it hangs on is more or less random every time. Usually CPU usage drops to 0% in task manager, but lately it's kept using CPU despite not doing any reading or writing. I've tried it with the latest graphics driver for my card and with a previous version, with and without driver/RGB/peripherals/etc software, with and without the bashed patch, and with and without some mods I've installed recently, but it keeps stopping in the middle of generation. Here is the bugreport.txt and the TexGen and DynDOLOD logs.

5 hours ago, WizardPie said:

As requested, the logs from using the provided TexGenx64

Logs.7z 223.69 kB · 1 download

Thanks.

Edit ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI and add RenderTexturesSingleThread=1 under [TexGen]
Keep the GLListDebug=1 and GLDebug=1 as well.
Clean out the log folder and run again. Upload new log and debug log.

I  would also be interested in the results of a clean install of the latest release driver version and in case there are issues with no logs or bugreport.txt to add RealTimeLog=1 under [TexGen] to the TexGen_SSE.INI and upload that and whatever related entries you can find in the Windows Event log.

4 hours ago, Enhab said:

DynDOLOD keeps hanging when creating texture atlases. The atlas it hangs on is more or less random every time. Usually CPU usage drops to 0% in task manager, but lately it's kept using CPU despite not doing any reading or writing. I've tried it with the latest graphics driver for my card and with a previous version, with and without driver/RGB/peripherals/etc software, with and without the bashed patch, and with and without some mods I've installed recently, but it keeps stopping in the middle of generation. Here is the bugreport.txt and the TexGen and DynDOLOD logs.

Read the first post which debug logs to also upload.

Check the task manager for background Texconv processes. See if terminating it makes the tool continue with an related error message.

Make a clean install of the latest driver release version only, do not install any of the crapware, clean out the log folder and remove old bugreport.txt and generate again. If problem persists upload new log, debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which debug logs to also upload.

Check the task manager for background Texconv processes. See if terminating it makes the tool continue with an related error message.

Make a clean install of the latest driver release version only, do not install any of the crapware, clean out the log folder and remove old bugreport.txt and generate again. If problem persists upload new log, debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists.

Latest driver (AMD), no software. Cleaned the log folder, removed the bug report and tried generating again. I checked task manager when it froze, but TexConv wasn't there. Here are the smaller logs and here are the debug logs

Edit: That file sharing service turned it into an exe, which is sus as hell, so here's a Google Drive link.

Edited by Enhab

1 hour ago, Enhab said:

Latest driver (AMD), no software. Cleaned the log folder, removed the bug report and tried generating again. I checked task manager when it froze, but TexConv wasn't there. Here are the smaller logs and here are the debug logs

Edit: That file sharing service turned it into an exe, which is sus as hell, so here's a Google Drive link.

Edit ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini in notepad and add GLListDebug=1 and GLDebug=1 right under [DynDOLOD].
Remove old logs and bugreport.txt and run again. Upload new log, debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists.