DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

27 minutes ago, sheson said:

1) Object LOD not unloading in active cells after fast travel and large reference bugs are different bugs. AFAIK the LOD Unloading bug fix does not mitigates any large reference bugs. DynDOLOD dynamic LOD already fixes object LOD not unloading after fast travel, so the LOD Unloading Bug Fix is not needed.

2) Find out the coordinates of an affected cell. Check if it also happens in cells that at least a reference (added by vanilla, patch or mod), large or not.

Things go weird for cells that actually do not have LANDscape data in the child worldspace but are active inside the uGridsToLoad and have zero references. The engine fails to properly use the parent cell LAND data. There might be related issues in the area > uGridsToLoad and < uLargeRefLODGridSize.

Let me the know the answers to 2), so I can have a better idea whats up when looking into it.

1) I know that mod isn't supposed to fix the large reference bugs, but for reasons unknown to me it did on my end. Ultimately it's not important, especially with the large reference bugs workaround applying constantly now.

2) One cell with both full grass and grass lod appearing when seen from inside the city is Cell 6,-6, Block 0,-1, SubBlock 0,-1. I don't think there's any reference of this cell under the Whiterun worldspace. As far as I can tell, outside the city, most places around clickable-in-console objects (and as a result are cells that have references under Whiterun worldspace) don't have the bug, though I can see this bug happening in Cell 3,-4, Block 0,-1, SubBlock 0,-1, which has a record in the Whiterun worldspace in both Skyrim.esm and DynDOLOD.esp. The cell in Skyrim.esm is just an empty header (not sure if this is the right word, in any case there's nothing under it) but DynDOLOD.esp added a set of glowing windows in the cell. No Landscape data for this cell, of course. I'm not sure whether similar examples exist.

24 minutes ago, heheloveer said:

1) I know that mod isn't supposed to fix the large reference bugs, but for reasons unknown to me it did on my end. Ultimately it's not important, especially with the large reference bugs workaround applying constantly now.

2) One cell with both full grass and grass lod appearing when seen from inside the city is Cell 6,-6, Block 0,-1, SubBlock 0,-1. I don't think there's any reference of this cell under the Whiterun worldspace. As far as I can tell, outside the city, most places around clickable-in-console objects (and as a result are cells that have references under Whiterun worldspace) don't have the bug, though I can see this bug happening in Cell 3,-4, Block 0,-1, SubBlock 0,-1, which has a record in the Whiterun worldspace in both Skyrim.esm and DynDOLOD.esp. The cell in Skyrim.esm is just an empty header (not sure if this is the right word, in any case there's nothing under it) but DynDOLOD.esp added a set of glowing windows in the cell. No Landscape data for this cell, of course. I'm not sure whether similar examples exist.

Doublecheck with the xEdit Cell finder, CTRL+ALT+F that there really is no cell record for 6,-6 in WhiterunWorld. That could explain parent world bugs in 6,-6 spilling over.

14 minutes ago, sheson said:

Doublecheck with the xEdit Cell finder, CTRL+ALT+F that there really is no cell record for 6,-6 in WhiterunWorld. That could explain parent world bugs in 6,-6 spilling over.

Thanks for the tip, and there really isn't such a cell in my load order.

56 minutes ago, MITSUYOMI said:

hey just a quick question, upon checking the log file when running dyndolod.exe, there is a warning that indicates that a file does not adhere to file naming conventions. Does this affect the output LOD? 

An example of this is Veydogolt Trees, and I haven't found any problems affecting the DynDOLOD outcome other than the log warnings; however, I suspect this could preclude such mods benefiting from certain DynDOLOD features now or added in the future (in addition to being bad practice in general).

That mod has bark normals named like treepineforestbarkcomp_pine_9N.dds and branch textures named like Spruce05_Normal.dds

1 hour ago, MITSUYOMI said:

hey just a quick question, upon checking the log file when running dyndolod.exe, there is a warning that indicates that a file does not adhere to file naming conventions. Does this affect the output LOD? 

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Read the explanations for the message https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Filename-Does-Not-Adhere-To-File-Naming-Conventions

If this affects visuals depends if the normal map texture file name is a typo or if in fact a non normal map texture has been assigned to a texture slot meant for normal map textures. If there are visuals issues, they can range from not being noticeable to being very noticeable.

Processes expect normal map textures to end in *_n.dds or vice versa filenames ending in *_n.dds to be a normal map texture.

hello, can i have some help please? Texgen suddenly stops working when creating textures. No error, no freezing, no crashing, it just stops generating. I waited for hours but it didn't continue. When it starts generating "brick012lod.dds" it just stops. I tried deleting the file from Dyndolod Resources but no solution, "brick012lod.dds" showed up and it stopped again. I'm putting texgen log below. What should i do?

TexGen 3.0 Alpha-122 x64 - Skyrim S.txt

2 hours ago, ysrwho said:

hello, can i have some help please? Texgen suddenly stops working when creating textures. No error, no freezing, no crashing, it just stops generating. I waited for hours but it didn't continue. When it starts generating "brick012lod.dds" it just stops. I tried deleting the file from Dyndolod Resources but no solution, "brick012lod.dds" showed up and it stopped again. I'm putting texgen log below. What should i do?

Read the first post which debug log to also upload.

Check the task manager if TexGen is waiting for any background Texconv processes.

Make a clean install of the latest graphics drivers only without any crapware or terminate it before running TexGen.

12 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which debug log to also upload.

Check the task manager if TexGen is waiting for any background Texconv processes.

Make a clean install of the latest graphics drivers only without any crapware or terminate it before running TexGen.

I reinstalled my graphics drivers, it didn't work. Checked the task manager, texconv is running but doesn't do anything. But i tried DynDOLOD 2.98 and it's texgen worked perfectly, no stopping or error or anything. DynDOLOD 3 is the problem. Debug log is bigger than 3mb, its 13,5mb. How do i put my debug log here?

45 minutes ago, ysrwho said:

I reinstalled my graphics drivers, it didn't work. Checked the task manager, texconv is running but doesn't do anything. But i tried DynDOLOD 2.98 and it's texgen worked perfectly, no stopping or error or anything. DynDOLOD 3 is the problem. Debug log is bigger than 3mb, its 13,5mb. How do i put my debug log here?

Read the first post how to zip and use a file service to upload the log and debug log files.

Obviously there is an issue with Texconv, which is not able to do its thing may be because of OS, UAC, anti vir preventing file access or some trouble with the graphics card/driver or 3rd party crapware  preventing it from compressing textures. Maybe the best/real graphics card is not the first one reported by the OS. If you kill the texconv process the TexGen/DynDOLOD will most likely continue with an error message.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post how to zip and use a file service to upload the log and debug log files.

Obviously there is an issue with Texconv, which is not able to do its thing may be because of OS, UAC, anti vir preventing file access or some trouble with the graphics card/driver or 3rd party crapware  preventing it from compressing textures. Maybe the best/real graphics card is not the first one reported by the OS. If you kill the texconv process the TexGen/DynDOLOD will most likely continue with an error message.

I turned off windows firewall and i ran texgen again. Now it stops generating when it comes to "falmerhutlod" or something, which is different than the previous one. I don't know if it's related to the os because this problem only happened in my new modlist, i was using dyndolod without any problem three months ago with my old modlist. Also tried to kill texconv process and texgen sent an error message like you said. Debug log uploaded.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.rar

Edited by ysrwho

So, I was trying to run TexGen, and got the following error: framebuffer objects unsupported. Here is the debug log for one of these attempts: [ https://paste.ee/p/2HlXe ] I tried this multiple times, and it was not always ridgedstone08patternlod that it failed on, it was seemingly random as to when it would fail.

So, after searching this forum for a while, I figured I would update my graphics driver, as you seemed to have suggested that to others, however, instead of fixing the problem, this only made things worse. Now when I try to run TexGen,  as soon as it starts on the 'creating textures' section, it immediately crashes without even creating a debug log. Please help.

Edit: I was able to fix the crashing issue, which happened to be due to a setting in the geforce control panel. However, the 'framebuffer objects unsupported' problem is still present.

(p.s. I couldn't figure out how to edit the original post, sorry)

8 hours ago, ysrwho said:

I turned off windows firewall and i ran texgen again. Now it stops generating when it comes to "falmerhutlod" or something, which is different than the previous one. I don't know if it's related to the os because this problem only happened in my new modlist, i was using dyndolod without any problem three months ago with my old modlist. Also tried to kill texconv process and texgen sent an error message like you said. Debug log uploaded.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.rar 637.6 kB · 1 download

Replace Texconvx64.exe in the ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\ folder with this version https://mega.nz/file/QERUxLaB#wr0QIq9BKLqVAhxIwRlINoVBkUkiY_vxH9fJCytA_cU and let us know what happens. Delete all files in the log folder in order to have clean logs. If problem persists upload new log and debug log.