Un-Randomized Workshop Turrets (by Yukichigai)

DoubleYou

• 10 months later...

I had to do some digging on this one. So the turrets made at the workshop creates WorkshopTurretTripodMounted "Heavy Machinegun Turret" [NPC_:001167A8] for heavy machine guns and WorkshopTurretTripod "Machinegun Turret" [NPC_:000B3036]. These in turn get their traits from LvlTurretTripodMountedNotRandom [NPC_:0024A0A6] and LvlTurretTripodNotRandom [NPC_:0024A0A4]. The relevant leveled lists are LCharTurretTripodMountedNotRandom [LVLN:0024A0A5] and LCharTurretTripodNotRandom [LVLN:0024A0A3].

The leveled lists that this mod edits are LCharTurretTripod [LVLN:0011131F] and LCharTurretTripodMounted [LVLN:00116667]. Notice the naming of the editor ids. The are identical, except the ones used by the turrets are suffixed "not random." Also, realize that this mod came out in March of 2016, prior to many different official patches were released. Also notice that the "not random" leveled lists are identical to this mod's edits.

It is therefore my belief that Bethesda officially patched this issue, and therefore, the only utility to using this mod is if the user would prefer that all turrets levels are NOT randomized, making the game slightly harder when these turrets are involved. As such, this would effectively become a 11-Gameplay-AI and Combat mod in its current state, instead of a fix. I don't see that this small change is worthwhile in keeping, so I am removing it from testing.