Survival Mode makes Health Bar disappear

FendisKhan

I noticed that when using the CC Survival Mode, the player's health bar disappears even when the health is less than maximum. A small amount of testing suggests the bar disappears when the temperature/comfort level changes (i.e., when the player stands beside a fire). Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix, perhaps using one of the HUD mods included in the STEP guide?

1 hour ago, FendisKhan said:

I noticed that when using the CC Survival Mode, the player's health bar disappears even when the health is less than maximum. A small amount of testing suggests the bar disappears when the temperature/comfort level changes (i.e., when the player stands beside a fire). Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix, perhaps using one of the HUD mods included in the STEP guide?

The point of survival mod is realism, so eliminating the health/magicka/stamina bar is expected for such mods.

Is the display of the health bar inconsistent? You may want to re-read your post to be sure you are describing what you mean.

4 hours ago, z929669 said:

The point of survival mod is realism, so eliminating the health/magicka/stamina bar is expected for such mods.

Is the display of the health bar inconsistent? You may want to re-read your post to be sure you are describing what you mean.

As I understand the intent, each of the status bars will disappear when they are at their maximum value (since there is no need to display that fact). What I am experiencing is that the health bar is displayed when the player is injured, and it continues to be displayed until the temperature/comfort level changes. For example, if I walk large distances while injured, my health bar continues to be displayed. But as soon as I stop by a fire and begin to warm up, my health bar disappears--even though my health has not improved. Nothing like this happens with the magicka or stamina bars.

17 hours ago, FendisKhan said:

As I understand the intent, each of the status bars will disappear when they are at their maximum value (since there is no need to display that fact). What I am experiencing is that the health bar is displayed when the player is injured, and it continues to be displayed until the temperature/comfort level changes. For example, if I walk large distances while injured, my health bar continues to be displayed. But as soon as I stop by a fire and begin to warm up, my health bar disappears--even though my health has not improved. Nothing like this happens with the magicka or stamina bars.

Hmmm. It sounds like the health bar display is linked comfort and healing. Maybe health improves at a trickle when comfortable, and the health bar disappears to indicate that (or to indicate that discomfort is not gradually reducing health). I suspect it's expected behavior, but I don't know for certain.