Beginner help for installing STEP SSE

Halde

Hi all!

Some years ago I enjoyed LE edition of this guide thoroughly! I haven't played the game or played with mods since then, so I remember very little. With that little preface lets get to it:

According to the tools setup, I should place the tools in the modlist before the vanilla game files. However I don't see any vanilla game files. I remember them being there for LE, but for SSE I have only DLC's and something called "Creation Club". I have a screenshot attached to clarify. I'm at the tool setup part of the guide, and I'm about to get them setup with MO. I would think that the vanilla game files mean the DLC files, but my experience with this guide is, it's very precise in its language, and since it doesn't say DLC game files, I'm getting an itchy feeling. I hope someone can help!

~Sincerely

Halde

help with mo.png

5 hours ago, Halde said:

I would think that the vanilla game files mean the DLC files

Your guess is correct. Here 'vanilla game files' is meant to refer to any module (DLC, CC) shipped with the game, as opposed to mods installed by you.

It doesn't really matter where you put the 'xEdit Output' mod in the list, as it's used to temporarily hold files created by xEdit, that you should move to a permanent and specific location afterwards. This mod should be empty (ignoring the Backups folder) in normal operation, i.e. when playing the game.

It's suggested to put it at the top of the list (below the 'vanilla game files') so it's easy to locate and doesn't need to be moved as the list grows. But you can also move it at the end if you prefer. I prefer to keep all the temporary/work-in-progress stuff at the end of the list, next to MO2's overwrite folder.