Newbie question about load order

Zae

Hi. I installed Dyndolod and after that at first I was able to get both Dyndolod pluigns at the very bottom of my list , but after installing a couple of mods somehow the only plugin I can force to be at the very bottom is the .ESP.  The . ESM is a few lower in the list order and I can´t place it just before my .ESP.   My questions are:

1. Is this a problem for Dyndolod in order to work properly? 

Another question: everytime I start the game a overwrite mod is generated. My questions:

2. Is this normal?

3. If so , is there anyway to autodelete it everytime I open the game or even better,  to avoid it gets created?

Thanks a lot.

This is normal behavior. All plugins with the master flag set (generally ESM files, but may also include ESL and ESP files with the master flag set) must be at the top of the load order and DynDOLOD.esm generally falls to the bottom of the masters. The standard plugins (generally ESP and ESL files without the master flag set) load after the masters and you should see DynDOLOD.esp at the bottom of the load order.

I seem to recall it's somewhat normal for some files to get created in the overwrite folder when you play the game. I don't remember what these are off the top of my head, but I generally try to move some of these to the appropriate mod. For example, you may find one of the extenders creates an SKSE\plugins\*.ini file the first time you play that should be moved to go with the appropriate extender mod.

11 hours ago, Greg said:

ome of these to the appropriate

Thanks for your reply. When you say , I should move the created overwrite mod with the appropiate extender mod you mean place it together in the order load with the mod that originated it?

20 hours ago, Zae said:

Hi. I installed Dyndolod and after that at first I was able to get both Dyndolod pluigns at the very bottom of my list , but after installing a couple of mods somehow the only plugin I can force to be at the very bottom is the .ESP.  The . ESM is a few lower in the list order and I can´t place it just before my .ESP.   My questions are:

1. Is this a problem for Dyndolod in order to work properly? 

Another question: everytime I start the game a overwrite mod is generated. My questions:

2. Is this normal?

3. If so , is there anyway to autodelete it everytime I open the game or even better,  to avoid it gets created?

Thanks a lot.

In addition to Greg's answer:

Use LOOT every time you install or remove mods. 99.99% of the time Loot will put the files in the correct order.

DynDOLOD.esm should be listed as the last in the esm section in ModOrganizer (bold print names at the top) in the load order in the right pane.

DynDOLOD.esp (and Occlusion.esp if you use DynDOLOD 3) should be the last two in the load order in the right pane.

As for the overwrite: Some mods create "output files" only when you are actually playing in Skyrim. These output files get stored in the Overwrite folder. As Greg stated, these are usually SKSE files.

The easiest way of dealing with SKSE and other "profile" files (Violens is one for example), is to create a new empty mod (like you did for the TexGen and DynDOLOD output mods), name it something like "SKSE Output", then open overwrite and drag and drop the files into the newly created mod. Make sure you have this new "mod" activated. From now on, any changes to those files will automatically be put into the new mod, instead of overwrite. I have dealt with those files like this for years and never had issues with it. Just make sure you keep this new output mod at the bottom of the list in the LEFT pane and activated.

Edited by ButchDiavolo

Thanks a lot for your answers. I´m doing what you tell me but I´m not capable of automatize the sending from ¨overwrite¨ to my created mod folder. Everytime I have to do manually and I am prompted if I want to combine folders into the created mod folder for this purpose. What am I doing wrong?

Another question: the placement of axe and the animations get lost from time to time in XPMSE. Just to be sure: this is because I usually delete the overwrite folder instead of sending it to a created folder as you mentioned before?

Once again thanks your help.

7 hours ago, Zae said:

Thanks a lot for your answers. I´m doing what you tell me but I´m not capable of automatize the sending from ¨overwrite¨ to my created mod folder. Everytime I have to do manually and I am prompted if I want to combine folders into the created mod folder for this purpose. What am I doing wrong?

Another question: the placement of axe and the animations get lost from time to time in XPMSE. Just to be sure: this is because I usually delete the overwrite folder instead of sending it to a created folder as you mentioned before?

Once again thanks your help.

Can you tell us which files end up in your overwrite? That would narrow down where you can put them or if they are needed at all.

As for XPMSE: for Step you install XPSME WITHOUT the animations. You basically just need the skeleton.

I have folders : meshes , Nemesis_engine and Platform and a meta file. I just want to know if there is anyway of sending them to a mod automatically. I am not going to delete anything as it has proven risky.

I´ll consider what you say about XPSME.  

I have a different question:  if you use jump mods , how do you do in order to continue running after you jump during sprint and you don´t get stuck for a sec after you jump? My character loses the momentum after jumping. I know it can be done as I did it before but with all this mess I lost that ability and I dont know how to recover it. Just in case you can give any idea. I have 3 mods for this , in this order: run sprint and jump,   better jumping, and jump behaviour overhaul. I know it´s difficult but just in case you know about something that blocks it.

I have folders : meshes , Nemesis_engine and Platform and a meta file. I just want to know if there is anyway of sending them to a mod automatically. I am not going to delete anything as it has proven risky.

I´ll consider what you say about XPSME.  

I have a different question:  if you use jump mods , how do you do in order to continue running after you jump during sprint and you don´t get stuck for a sec after you jump? My character loses the momentum after jumping. I know it can be done as I did it before but with all this mess I lost that ability and I dont know how to recover it. Just in case you can give any idea. I have 3 mods for this , in this order: run sprint and jump,   better jumping, and jump behaviour overhaul. I know it´s difficult but just in case you know about something that blocks it.

About the jump question :   nevermind I fix the problem.