SSE Display Tweaks Confusion

Elrildra

I've been following this guide: https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:1.0.0#.28optional.29_ENBSeries_with_the_Step_SkyrimSE_Guide mainly because I'm using game version 1.5.97. I am so lost on the SSE Display Tweaks section. I can't understand what I'm supposed to do. I have an Nvidia card and I don't have the G-sync whatever that is. Which ini file am I supposed to edit and how am I supposed to edit it? The Display Tweaks is two mods: the main mod and an optional mod. Which one contains the ini file? Am I supposed to add the following:  

[monitor refresh rate] - 1 (e.g., 60 Hz monitor should have 59 limit)

I don't see "[monitor refresh rate]" in any ini file. Should I add it? 

And what is this:

[Render]
FramerateLimit=??
UIFramerateLimit=??

[OSD]
Enable=true
InitiallyOn=false

Gah, this makes no sense to me! So sorry for my stupidity but I'm clueless.

My monitor refresh rate is 60 Hz, by the way. 

First, make sure you installed the High Preset optional file. If you double-click on the mod after you install it, you'll see an INI tab. You can click the "Open in Explorer" button to navigate to the file to open in a text editor, if you wish.

From there you'll find those settings within the INI file. You'll set the framerateLimits to 59.

EDIT
:ninja:

So, that was part of my problem. There are two separate mods—the main one and the optional one—and each contain an SSEDisplayTweaks.ini. I'm using Mod Organizer so I installed them as separate mods, though the instructions say to merge the file. I made the changes. Thank you, easyrider1988! And I made the changes to both ini files. I think I got it now. Thank you both!

6 hours ago, Elrildra said:

So, that was part of my problem. There are two separate mods—the main one and the optional one—and each contain an SSEDisplayTweaks.ini. I'm using Mod Organizer so I installed them as separate mods, though the instructions say to merge the file. I made the changes. Thank you, easyrider1988! And I made the changes to both ini files. I think I got it now. Thank you both!

As the instructions clearly state:

1. Download the Main File and and High performance configuration Optional File.
  2. Install the Main File first. Install the Optional File, choosing Merge to merge it into the Main File.

... Since the optional file is merged into the main file, there is really only one file and one INI.. Modify the INI as instructed