Keyboard Shortcuts Fix

TaxTalis

Discussion topic:
Keyboard Shortcuts Fix by xSHADOWMANx
Wiki Link

I find it highly irritating how Bethesda fully takes hold of the keyboard input. 
Starting with not being able to recognise other keyboard layout settings than English,
so I can't type "@" in the creators content login window unless I change my layout settings. Neither copy nor paste are working for that field either.
And you can't use the keyboard media keys which is annoying if you just want to change the volume a little bit on the fly.

This mod fixes this and I can confirm this mod works with SE1.5.97.0 executable and binkw64dll, all other files from Steam version and SKSE64 1.5.97.

Edited by TaxTalis

Upon reading this again I noticed while editing I lost some context,
so I want to clarify that only the media key issue is fixed by this (and ALT+F4 works now too). 
Still neither copy, nor paste and no other keyboard layouts.

• 8 months later...

There is a revised version of this mod that doesn't require its own separate DLL loader and is compatible with both SE and AE: Keyboard Shortcuts Fix - AE.

Choose the Keyboard Shortcuts Fix - Meh's Preloader Version main file and install with mod manager (works with MO2). Nothing else is needed as you should already have the DLL preloader from SSE Engine Fixes.

WARNING: This works great for volume/media keys but beware Alt+F4 works too. That is, Alt-F4 quits the game immediately without confirmation or saving.

• +1 1