Strange "Veiled" Textures

Spippozzo

Question

Good morning to everybody,

i'm writing after looking around for a while but finding nothing useful to solve my problem. I hope somebody could help...

I've just completed a full STEP coonfiguration following step by step all the indications provided by the guide. I intalled also the Lighting & Weather mods.

Now, starting a new game, i found some strange "veiled" textrues like in the attached image... It seems a problem related to (but no only) wood logs at the entrance of some caves... I tried to figure out which have could be the problem, trying also to deactivate all the L&W mods (and installing Smooth Sky Mesh - SSE), but the problme didn't solve...

I found the problem since the beginning of the game, and the installation of the game was a new installation so no former builts were present in MO2 (if this can be helpful)...

Does somebody have an idea about this problem?

Thanl you so much!

ScreenShot1.thumb.png.506d5710b7a8cff63b3e774090a60254.png

5 answers to this question

Are you running SSE 1.5.97 or 1.6.xxx?

Do you have more Informative Console installed? That was just updated for the latter and will help you determine the model and textures for those. Once you have an idea of what mod provides them, you can look at conflicts in MO.

I am not at my gaming PC, so I cannot check. I would check SMIM and how you installed that. We recently made a change to mine wood textures in that one. you can also look at the changelog for the guide to review mods affected in "post-release changes" section at top. It's linked from the top of the guide.

Thanks z929669,

i tried with More Informative Console, but it is strange cause it is lik it couldn't find/see that object it reads only near objects but not that one...

I tried to find it by browsing in the meshes folders but nothing... The .nif file (of which i don't know the name) seems to be missing, also in the basegame meshes folder (I'm using nifskope to watch one by one all the models that could be reasonably connected...)...

I don't know, any other idea of wich test to do?

Thanks a lot!

PS I'm using skyrim 1.5.97 downloaded with Depot Downloader...

Edited by Spippozzo

In BethINI, under the Visuals tab, uncheck "Improved Shader" in the Snow settings. This is a known bug caused by Bethesda's sloppy snow shader implementation. If that does not fix it, you are editing the wrong INI files. Ensure that your "INI Path" under the Setup tab is pointing toward your Mod Organizer profile.

4 hours ago, Spippozzo said:

Wonderful!! Editing the INI solved the problem! Thank you very much!

Does exist a way to classify this post as "solved"?

Thank you so much again!

Yes, you can mark a post as solved in a forum with question format. I moved this into that subforum, so go ahead and mark as solves as you please.