Glass armor appearance after installing STEP 1.0.0

Verrenus

I have recently finished installing the full STEP 1.0.0 guide on my Skyrim SE install and it runs and looks absolutely fantastic - kudos to the STEP team for writing the best modding guide out there! :D

However, I've just crafted my first set of glass armor and I have noticed a slight color discrepancy between the chest piece and the other items in the set, and I have no idea which mod from the guide could be the culprit?

It's definitely not a game-breaking bug by any means, but I do wonder if this is how it was supposed to look after installing the 1.0.0 guide? Thanks a lot for your help and understanding! ;)

StepSkyrimSE1.jpg

1 hour ago, Verrenus said:

I have recently finished installing the full STEP 1.0.0 guide on my Skyrim SE install and it runs and looks absolutely fantastic - kudos to the STEP team for writing the best modding guide out there! :D

However, I've just crafted my first set of glass armor and I have noticed a slight color discrepancy between the chest piece and the other items in the set, and I have no idea which mod from the guide could be the culprit?

It's definitely not a game-breaking bug by any means, but I do wonder if this is how it was supposed to look after installing the 1.0.0 guide? Thanks a lot for your help and understanding! ;)

StepSkyrimSE1.jpg

Thanks! We spend a lot of time on this stuff :embarassed:

You can use More Informative Console to click on the meshes from the console (never tried that for stuff I am wearing, but maybe works with tfc console setting or in 3rd person ... or from inventory maybe). My guess is that either you have a mod prioritized incorrectly, we need to update instructions to hide a mesh or sort a couple of mods differently, or we need to modify the Step CR Patch to account for this item. If you have any armor mods or options that are not part of the guide, this could also cause this sort of thing. Regardless, it should be a simple fix.

Let us know what you do to resolve.

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

glass.jpg
I have it too. Textures are from aMidianBorn Book of Silence SE. My guess is that this is a bug in the fomod, or the option had the wrong texture ported to SSE. Requires further testing.

curiass.dds and helmet.dds for males are different in looking at the files. Female curiass.dds looks right though.

I just checked the ARMORS file, and the diffuse seem to be mismatched for male gauntlets/boots. Curiass and helmet seem to be the only ones that match looking at just diffuse textures. Some of the variation is likely caused by the normals and/or the masks, because boots/curass (male) diffuse look pretty similar.

Female curiass matches gauntlet but both of these seem to be different than helmet/curiass (male), and all seem different compared to boots. I checked the COMPLETE file, and it has the same CRCs for the textures.

The only way to resolve may be to go back to the SLE mod for the textures ... ugh. Otherwise, we'd need to ask krypto to fix, and I doubt that will happen.

Thanks a lot for the kind replies everyone! I am very glad to see that I did install the guide correctly after all. Oh well, I guess it won't be long until I switch to dragon armor anyway, so like I said - not a game breaker by any means, just an annoying mismatch! :biggrin: