Question about merging files

Hello, I've installed the files as shown in the attachment, but the problem is I saw in the extra notes " when asked to merge select yes " but it never asked me to merge and it installed them in the following way, is this wrong? if yes how can i correct it? 

the mods in question are Unofficial High Definition Audio Project and Skyrim Realistic Overhaul

thanks in advance. 

Screenshot 2021-07-26 040453.png

2 hours ago, DangerousDeraz said:

Hello, I've installed the files as shown in the attachment, but the problem is I saw in the extra notes " when asked to merge select yes " but it never asked me to merge and it installed them in the following way, is this wrong? if yes how can i correct it? 

the mods in question are Unofficial High Definition Audio Project and Skyrim Realistic Overhaul

thanks in advance. 

Screenshot 2021-07-26 040453.png

Whenever you install multiple files from the same Nexus source mod using the first mod name suggested, you will get a message from MO asking if you want to overwrite, merge, or create a new mod.

Installing them separately works just as well, but you will have more 'mods' in the left pane that way. No big deal but just be aware of that.

In most cases it doesn't really matter whether you merge the files into a single mod or install the files as separate mods. Mod Organizer normally prompts asking if you want to merge the files from the same mod if you use the Mod Manager Download button. This is possible because Nexus also supplies a separate metadata file to inform mod managers that the files are part of the same mod.

If you use the Manual Download button on Nexus or you download a mod from a source other than Nexus, Mod Organizer does not get this metadata file so Mod Organizer does not know these files are part of the same mod. In this case, you'll see a prompt to confirm the name of the mod when installing a manually downloaded file. You can either leave the name unchanged to install these as separate mods or change the names to same name (i.e. Skyrim Realistic Overhaul) and Mod Organizer prompts if you want  to replace or merge if a mod with this name is already installed.

image.png

Your screenshot shows you are missing Skyrim Realistic Overhaul Part 2. If you install Skyrim Realistic Overhaul Part 2 as a separate mod now, it will be installed at the bottom of the left pane. Left click and hold the mouse button down on Skyrim_Realistic_Overhaul_Part_2 and drag it up to between Part 1 and Part 3 then release the mouse button.

• 8 months later...

Hello! After reading these messages, I have a question. When installing the AMidianBorn Book of Silence mods, I slowed down(. I've been looking for a way to combine all the files into one list of aMidianBorn Book of Silence mods for a day now. So, when installing these mods, I had to change the name of all mods to aMidianBorn Book of Silence at once? So that they are combined when installed in one mod? Did I get it right?

44 minutes ago, SuperLain said:

So, when installing these mods, I had to change the name of all mods to aMidianBorn Book of Silence at once? So that they are combined when installed in one mod? Did I get it right?

Not sure what you mean by "renaming all mods at once".

1. Install 'aMidianBorn Book of Silence SE -- ARMORS'. When prompted by Mod Organizer during installation, rename to "aMidianBorn Book of Silence".

image.png

2. Install 'aMidianBorn Book of Silence SE -- DRAGONBORN'. When prompted by Mod Organizer during installation, rename to "aMidianBorn Book of Silence" (same as above). Then when prompted by Mod Organizer about "Mod Exists", choose to Merge.

image.png

3. Repeat #2 with the remaining 'aMidianBorn Book of Silence SE -- XXXX' files.

23 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Not sure what you mean by "renaming all mods at once".

1. Install 'aMidianBorn Book of Silence SE -- ARMORS'. When prompted by Mod Organizer during installation, rename to "aMidianBorn Book of Silence".

image.png

2. Install 'aMidianBorn Book of Silence SE -- DRAGONBORN'. When prompted by Mod Organizer during installation, rename to "aMidianBorn Book of Silence" (same as above). Then when prompted by Mod Organizer about "Mod Exists", choose to Merge.

image.png

3. Repeat #2 with the remaining 'aMidianBorn Book of Silence SE -- XXXX' files.

So, if the manual says combine mods (I'm installing Armor Mesh Fixes right now), then do as you wrote?

Thanks)

38 minutes ago, SuperLain said:

So, if the manual says combine mods (I'm installing Armor Mesh Fixes right now), then do as you wrote?

Yep. You may notice that you don't need to manually rename the mod with the other files, as Mod Organizer remembers the name last used for a specific mod. This is an expected feature. Just make sure you're told by Mod Organizer that the mod already exists, and choose to Merge when prompted.

I make this somewhat easier and less painful by installing aMidianBorn Book of Silence SE -- ARMORS. In the dialog that pops up, I rename this to aMidianBorn Book of Silence and copy the name to the clipboard. When I install the remaining aMidianBorn Book of Silence files, I just paste the name into the dialog so I don't have to worry about typos getting in the way.