DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

I tested Fallout 4 just now and it can create the gid files via the following INI settings:

[Grass]
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0
bGenerateGrassDataFiles=1

Whether or not they work or not, or if they need to be modified to work for Fallout 4, remains to be seen. As it is, it would seem there is potential to generate this grass cache and potentially grass lod for all versions of Skyrim and Fallout 4. Sadly, it doesn't appear that this feature exists prior to Skyrim, or at least, the INI settings mentioned do not exist.

Also, apparently a console command exists: cga (CreateGrassAt x y)

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

It will be necessary to modify the Skyrim - Misc.bsa (or similar file for the other games) to remove the *.gid files then. I checked my grass cache, and while most of them are overwritten, not all of them would be. Easiest method would be to create a replacement Skyrim - Misc.bsa (or similar file for the other games) that doesn't contain the *.gid files.

As to LOD Level 32, I am specifically talking about Object LOD 32 as can only be generated by setting Level32=1 in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini. I do not believe these files are shown by the game except on the map when you set uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 in Skyrim.ini. Basically, what I have done is enabled Level32=1 in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and applied rules to level 32 to make it as detailed as object LOD level 4. You might argue, why not just set uLockedObjectMapLOD=4? But there are bugs with using that. For instance, lod4 is where the grass lod is loaded, so it makes the map fps/performance tank. Also, it causes stuck lod setting uLockedObjectMapLOD lower than the highest object lod level from my testing.

Naturally, I like the option without the grass, but to get the best of both worlds I would like to be able to set a rule to enable tree lod on this fake object lod level 32.

I was unaware that the LOD Level 32 column was untested at the moment. I thought this was expected behavior. I reproduced and posted my logs here (I only chose chunk level 32 to save some digging hopefully):

Relevant logs

All logs

Setting uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 often ends up with stuck object LOD when the player runs around long enough in a worldspace  in a single session. It clears with reload or restart.

If you could upload the preset so I don't have to rebuild the rules from the debug log. It is automatically saved to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Presets\DynDOLOD_SSE_Default.ini

Hi all.

Been using D 3.00 for a while and just downloaded newest version off NEXUS (Alpha-36) I also re-downloaded  DynDOLOD Resources SE 3 (Aplpha-11)

Now though if I try to run TexGen 3.0x64 - it instantly Goes back to EXIT TexGen, check log or restart?

Using it through MO 2.

*UPDATE - I scrubbed out last install - reinstalled from scratch and is now working.. :)

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by Jayombi

Hey, just thought I would poke my nose in here to let you know the latest version that you released is still not liking that Tamrielic Landscape's icesurflayer_n.dds file. I don't know if its that particular mod or normal, my setup, or whether or not you got to include the revisions you had planned on making to Duplicates. I didn't see it mentioned in the logs, but you may have it fixed under one of the lines of text you wrote in there. Either way its not a big deal on my end right now, I just thought I would mention it if you have further bug-squishing to do in that part of the code.

EDIT: Sorry, this was both without and then with reinstalling the esm/esp from scratch.

Edited by skinjack

17 minutes ago, skinjack said:

Hey, just thought I would poke my nose in here to let you know the latest version that you released is still not liking that Tamrielic Landscape's icesurflayer_n.dds file. I don't know if its that particular mod or normal, my setup, or whether or not you got to include the revisions you had planned on making to Duplicates. I didn't see it mentioned in the logs, but you may have it fixed under one of the lines of text you wrote in there. Either way its not a big deal on my end right now, I just thought I would mention it if you have further bug-squishing to do in that part of the code.

Post the logs and bugreport of the latest version as explained in the first post, otherwise I am lacking the details to investigated this further atm.
Click "Help for this message" if further details or instructions for an error message are required.

In any case, if there still is a message that the texture  icesurflayer_n.dds used by meshes\lod\ice\frozenmarshicefloechunks03_lod_0.nif can not be found, then you should fix the error in the the load order by either supplying the required texture or by removing or updated the LOD model.
It doesn't seem useful having LOD models with missing assets replacing the vanilla or DynDOLOD Resources assets.

Sorry about that. I'm popping in here between cleaning since I'm getting a new stove tomorrow or the next day and I have two big dogs, so it smells like a kennel in here when it gets warm.

Here is the bugreport

bugreport - Pastebin.com

Here is the end of the debug 

Debug log - Pastebin.com

Looking at that last one real quickly it looks like it bypassed the icesurflayer_n.dds as you intended and went onto a wizkid file that stopped it. But I'm not a coder so I'm only guessing. I did try the full report first but I guess that hit a limit. If you need the whole thing I will send a mediafile link or something.

9 minutes ago, skinjack said:

Sorry about that. I'm popping in here between cleaning since I'm getting a new stove tomorrow or the next day and I have two big dogs, so it smells like a kennel in here when it gets warm.

Here is the bugreport

bugreport - Pastebin.com

Here is the end of the debug 

Debug log - Pastebin.com

Looking at that last one real quickly it looks like it bypassed the icesurflayer_n.dds as you intended and went onto a wizkid file that stopped it. But I'm not a coder so I'm only guessing. I did try the full report first but I guess that hit a limit. If you need the whole thing I will send a mediafile link or something.

Post/Upload the entire log file, not just parts of it as explained in the first post.

On 8/11/2021 at 4:23 PM, sheson said:

change the GrassBrightnessTop, GrassBrightnessBottom RGB factors.

Hi,
Thank you for your answer and sorry to waste your time, i should have read the description better.
So if we adjust the brightness of the grass lod with the ini parameters; what are the texgen grass parameters for?
I see in game as i said that it accentuates the luminosity or darkens the lod for the trees but no difference for the grass.

17 minutes ago, samaelxx46 said:

Hi,
Thank you for your answer and sorry to waste your time, i should have read the description better.
So if we adjust the brightness of the grass lod with the ini parameters; what are the texgen grass parameters for?
I see in game as i said that it accentuates the luminosity or darkens the lod for the trees but no difference for the grass.

The TexGen direct and ambient lighting settings are to change how the 3D model is lit while it is being rendered to texture.
I guarantee if a rendered LOD billboard texture is different and the different LOD billboard texture is added to the object LOD texture atlas and the updated object LOD texture is installed into the data folder, then the change will be visible in the game. Obviously.

38 minutes ago, skinjack said:

Again, sorry. I thought I had read you could post the end of it if it was too big somewhere in there yesterday.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/o9zwefdqseowpvb/DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt/file

Download this test version of DynDOLODx64.exe and run as is. It will still error out, but should have additional information in the debug log. So upload the new debug log and bugreport please.

2 hours ago, skinjack said:

Here you go. I really didn't want to bother you with all this yet when it is still probably an error on my side and I'm still re-ordering things. No use in looking for bugs right now if it because of my setup. Anyway...Degug_log

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fxi4mfelxla3c96/DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt/file

Check what happens with this DynDOLODx64.exe version.
If it happens to run through upload debug log anyways please.