Unresolved FormID

Dagnathur

Question

First: Thank you Sheson et. al for DynDOLOD.

I have been using for a while (prior versions) without issue by RTFM advise & some great YouTube video tutorials.
With the DynDOLOD 3 I thought I would upload and give an attempt.
No issues with TexGen. DynDOLOD stops on the Heljarchen Farm Revamped mod. 
I know you cannot know my load order or what conflicts may exist. I am hoping you can translate the message below so I can look into learning more about the inner workings of modding. 

Thanks,
Dag

****ERROR COPIED BELOW*******

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Unresolved FormID [5D01616C]

[Content]
Scripts Script Properties Property Value Object Union Object v2 FormID [5D01616C] < Error: Could not be resolved > 
Error in HeljarchenFarm.esp SKHFWorkbenchBeamRef [REFR:5D029640] (places SKHFWorkbenchBeam "Workbench Control" [ACTI:5D02963F] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at 8,7)

Help for this message

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

13 minutes ago, delweyn said:

Urgh... I'm in conflict. This mod is not broken and it's not a real error, as the author said it's intentionnal and does not break the game.

It's just that Dyndolod consider it as an error but it's not ^^ I hope you understand the problem.

For the moment, I will run again the previous version of Dyndolod 3 that was running fine without this.

Thank you for your answer and your nice work.

Unresolved FormIDs are real errors that break the game or can cause CTD.
That is why they are reported by the xEdit error check.

From https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/7-mod-cleaning-and-error-checking.html#CheckingForErrors:
In this example we found Unresolved Reference errors (Ouch!) These errors are very serious as they indicate a record from the mod is trying to reference something, but what it is looking for is missing from the mod or the master of the mod. Mod authors should never leave these uncorrected! They should be corrected by the mod author and not by you!

Personally I would not use mods that contain such easily fixable but serious errors on "purpose".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sheson said:

Unresolved FormIDs are real errors that break the game or can cause CTD.
That is why they are reported by the xEdit error check.

From https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/7-mod-cleaning-and-error-checking.html#CheckingForErrors:
In this example we found Unresolved Reference errors (Ouch!) These errors are very serious as they indicate a record from the mod is trying to reference something, but what it is looking for is missing from the mod or the master of the mod. Mod authors should never leave these uncorrected! They should be corrected by the mod author and not by you!

Personally I would not use mods that contain such easily fixable but serious errors on "purpose".

OK ty. I'll report the problem to the author a last time and see if he can change this, otherwise I'll will remove his mod. Even if it's a shame, Dyndolod takes over everything else ;)

6 minutes ago, delweyn said:

OK ty. I'll report the problem to the author a last time and see if he can change this, otherwise I'll will remove his mod. Even if it's a shame, Dyndolod takes over everything else ;)

It is straight forward to update an unresolved formID to the NULL reference with xEdit in case the object property in the script is supposed to be not defined.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sheson said:

It is straight forward to update an unresolved formID to the NULL reference with xEdit in case the object property in the script is supposed to be not defined.

Super! Thank you for this solution. Last time I'm bothering you and I know the risk I'm taking by using his mod. Have a nice day.

Hi, I'm kinda new here and I just wanted to share a bit of what I experimented with this new version.

Some Warnings to correct Errors: Unresolved Form IDs were easily corrected by searching for them in SSEdit. The only problem was that there were many and I had to close DyndoLOD, open SSEdit, correct one and fire DyndoLOD again. Why didn't you corrected them earlier? you may ask. Well these warnings didn't show up in previous versions so I got lazy and scared 'coz some modders wrote in their description pages not to clean the plugin in any way. 

Other warning was Access Violation with a 000000 code: I tried to investigate why this was happening but I couldn't find a clear solution nor information besides hopeless users switching back to previous versions. After some experimenting. I realized that my Antivirus had a feature called Tamper Protection (Defender has that one too). I deactivated AV and TP, and DyndoLOD worked like charm.

Anyways, maybe someone could use this info or not. Everything was worth it. Excellent work and thank you Sheson.

On 8/12/2021 at 10:19 PM, DovahGwyn said:

Hi, I'm kinda new here and I just wanted to share a bit of what I experimented with this new version.

Some Warnings to correct Errors: Unresolved Form IDs were easily corrected by searching for them in SSEdit. The only problem was that there were many and I had to close DyndoLOD, open SSEdit, correct one and fire DyndoLOD again. Why didn't you corrected them earlier? you may ask. Well these warnings didn't show up in previous versions so I got lazy and scared 'coz some modders wrote in their description pages not to clean the plugin in any way. 

Other warning was Access Violation with a 000000 code: I tried to investigate why this was happening but I couldn't find a clear solution nor information besides hopeless users switching back to previous versions. After some experimenting. I realized that my Antivirus had a feature called Tamper Protection (Defender has that one too). I deactivated AV and TP, and DyndoLOD worked like charm.

Anyways, maybe someone could use this info or not. Everything was worth it. Excellent work and thank you Sheson.

Unresolved FormIDs are reported by xEdits error check. Using xEdit to check for errors and fixing them is part of proper modding practice.

Checking for and fixing unresolved form ID errors is not the same as cleaning plugins from deleted references and ITMs

Getting the following with 3.x.  Does not happen with current stable version.   I do not use USSEP, so not sure if this would fix it or not, but are there any other possible fixes?

[Window Title] DynDOLOD [Main Instruction] Unresolved FormID [02006718] [Content] [02006718] < Error: Could not be resolved 2 >XATR - Attach Ref Error in Dawnguard.esm [REFR:02015DC3] (places sc_towerfloatingrocks02 [STAT:02010BAD] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DLC01SoulCairnCraterKeeper [CELL:02002C75] (in DLC01SoulCairn "Soul Cairn" [WRLD:02001408] at 6,3)) Help for this message [Exit DynDOLOD] [Footer] DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

On 8/20/2021 at 9:26 PM, Moto13k said:

Getting the following with 3.x.  Does not happen with current stable version.   I do not use USSEP, so not sure if this would fix it or not, but are there any other possible fixes?

[Window Title] DynDOLOD [Main Instruction] Unresolved FormID [02006718] [Content] [02006718] < Error: Could not be resolved 2 >XATR - Attach Ref Error in Dawnguard.esm [REFR:02015DC3] (places sc_towerfloatingrocks02 [STAT:02010BAD] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DLC01SoulCairnCraterKeeper [CELL:02002C75] (in DLC01SoulCairn "Soul Cairn" [WRLD:02001408] at 6,3)) Help for this message [Exit DynDOLOD] [Footer] DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

As explained in the documentation, click the "help for this message" link to open ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Unresolved.html with help for the error message for further help and explantions.

Not sure what's happening with my install, I done a clean install of the DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha-44. I have Resources SE 3.

TEXGEN is fine but when I compile DynDOLOD it keeps throwing errors up around step 38. Does not matter what plugins I have enabled or disabled for testing it finds an error regardless.

Reason I not included any logs as it just went from one plugin to another: 

THE PEOPLE OF SKYRIM 2 Error- ---------------------------------------so I Disabled. (this was fine before)

Then it said Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch Error- ---so I Disabled.

Then it errored and said I should use Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.

I had a few issues last Alpha but it was simply another plugin I disabled and I was able to continue.

I know you say FIX the ERROR do not disable but I am a mere player not a modder and I just download the mods and way I go.

Like I say it was working okay last Alpha with the same mods.

On 9/19/2021 at 3:03 PM, Jayombi said:

Not sure what's happening with my install, I done a clean install of the DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha-44. I have Resources SE 3.

TEXGEN is fine but when I compile DynDOLOD it keeps throwing errors up around step 38. Does not matter what plugins I have enabled or disabled for testing it finds an error regardless.

Reason I not included any logs as it just went from one plugin to another: 

THE PEOPLE OF SKYRIM 2 Error- ---------------------------------------so I Disabled. (this was fine before)

Then it said Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch Error- ---so I Disabled.

Then it errored and said I should use Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.

I had a few issues last Alpha but it was simply another plugin I disabled and I was able to continue.

I know you say FIX the ERROR do not disable but I am a mere player not a modder and I just download the mods and way I go.

Like I say it was working okay last Alpha with the same mods.

Click the "Help for this message" link for further information and help about a message.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs what log files to upload when making posts.

This also applies If you require help with identifying or fixing errors in plugins or the load order. However we do not know what the problem is without the logs and error message.

Proper modding practice includes either fixing or not using broken mods. However we do not know what the problem is yet.

On 9/19/2021 at 3:46 PM, sheson said:

Click the "Help for this message" link for further information and help about a message.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs what log files to upload when making posts.

This also applies If you require help with identifying or fixing errors in plugins or the load order. However we do not know what the problem is without the logs and error message.

Proper modding practice includes either fixing or not using broken mods. However we do not know what the problem is yet.

Unresolved FormID

Unresolved FormID errors signify records that try to use non-existing records in the same or master plugins.

This can happen due to outdated plugins or if records being used by other records are removed.

Use xEdit error check to find and fix all errors. Watch this video. Preferably all errors in every plugin should be fixed.

Start by checking the plugin and record mentioned in the Error in ... message.

In case the message mentions that a plugin might be the wrong version, double check it is the correct version for the game version and for any other plugins using it as a master. For example, do not forget to update the cleaned version of Update.esm after game updates.

If unresolved FormID errors happen in vanilla game files, consider using the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch or Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.

If unresolved FormID errors happen while modding Enderal SE, the error is most likely caused by a plugin that was made for Skyrim Special Edition. Enderal SE does not have any data in the DLC plugins and only a rudimentary Update.esm without any of the actual records that exist in Update.esm of Skyrim Sepcial Edition. The plugin needs to be updated or fixed for Enderal SE in order to work correctly.

In case the unresolved FormID is for a script property and the intended record can not be determined, replace the unresolved entry with the NULL reference with FormID 00000000.

I get this error a lot with current build, before I occasional had a rogue ESP that I disable and I can carry on. This time though no matter what I disable or choose I keep getting this error now. I can reduce my list to ONE esp and it will still error.

I use Skyrim VR - Update.esm has been the same since day one, It is the right one its the only one I have dated back to original install of 2020.

I use MO2 as well.

LOG 

[00:39] <Warning: Overwritten large reference in tpos_complete02_RTCWG.esp [REFR:0006561C] (places SkyHavenRubblePile01 [STAT:00050339] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SkyHavenTempleExterior02 [CELL:00007173] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -35,1))>
[00:39] <Warning: Deleted reference Dawnguard.esm [REFR:0006AD96] (places DweCivWarWallEndpost01 [STAT:0008CC94] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DeepFolkCrossingExterior02 [CELL:00006FC8] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -42,15))>
[00:39] <Warning: Overwritten large reference in Better Dynamic Snow SE.esp [REFR:00066DF4] (places TreePineForestLog01_Sn [STAT:04039F25] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of KilkreathRuinsExterior01 [CELL:000092A3] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -24,24))>
[00:39] <Warning: Deleted reference Update.esm [REFR:0006B124] (places Water1024Creek [ACTI:00015428] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]))>

Sorry if this is a mundane issue from a noob player but I am exasperated at the moment.

9 hours ago, Jayombi said:

Unresolved FormID

Unresolved FormID errors signify records that try to use non-existing records in the same or master plugins.

This can happen due to outdated plugins or if records being used by other records are removed.

Use xEdit error check to find and fix all errors. Watch this video. Preferably all errors in every plugin should be fixed.

Start by checking the plugin and record mentioned in the Error in ... message.

In case the message mentions that a plugin might be the wrong version, double check it is the correct version for the game version and for any other plugins using it as a master. For example, do not forget to update the cleaned version of Update.esm after game updates.

If unresolved FormID errors happen in vanilla game files, consider using the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch or Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.

If unresolved FormID errors happen while modding Enderal SE, the error is most likely caused by a plugin that was made for Skyrim Special Edition. Enderal SE does not have any data in the DLC plugins and only a rudimentary Update.esm without any of the actual records that exist in Update.esm of Skyrim Sepcial Edition. The plugin needs to be updated or fixed for Enderal SE in order to work correctly.

In case the unresolved FormID is for a script property and the intended record can not be determined, replace the unresolved entry with the NULL reference with FormID 00000000.

I get this error a lot with current build, before I occasional had a rogue ESP that I disable and I can carry on. This time though no matter what I disable or choose I keep getting this error now. I can reduce my list to ONE esp and it will still error.

I use Skyrim VR - Update.esm has been the same since day one, It is the right one its the only one I have dated back to original install of 2020.

I use MO2 as well.

LOG 

[00:39] <Warning: Overwritten large reference in tpos_complete02_RTCWG.esp [REFR:0006561C] (places SkyHavenRubblePile01 [STAT:00050339] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SkyHavenTempleExterior02 [CELL:00007173] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -35,1))>
[00:39] <Warning: Deleted reference Dawnguard.esm [REFR:0006AD96] (places DweCivWarWallEndpost01 [STAT:0008CC94] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DeepFolkCrossingExterior02 [CELL:00006FC8] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -42,15))>
[00:39] <Warning: Overwritten large reference in Better Dynamic Snow SE.esp [REFR:00066DF4] (places TreePineForestLog01_Sn [STAT:04039F25] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of KilkreathRuinsExterior01 [CELL:000092A3] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -24,24))>
[00:39] <Warning: Deleted reference Update.esm [REFR:0006B124] (places Water1024Creek [ACTI:00015428] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]))>

Sorry if this is a mundane issue from a noob player but I am exasperated at the moment.

Use xEdit error check to find errors. Then fix them as much as possible. Especially the unresolved errors. If help is required with such errors, post the logs so we at least have an idea what plugins have which errors reported in order to help.

Red the first post what logfiles to upload and to copy and paste an error message when making posts.

Read ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LogMessages.html to learn what other log messages mean.

I suggest to use a modding guide to avoid problematic / badly made mods containing errors.

What does this mean please? and how do i sort it? I've opened the s3dtrees nextgenerationforests esp in ssedit and can see the bit that seems to be causing the issue, but it just seems to be the same setting( ? ) as in update.esm and all the dlc? Also this error never appeared in the previous version of DYNDOLOD (alpha 46)?

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Unresolved FormID [FE01070F]

[Content]
Error in S3DTrees NextGenerationForests.esp [REFR:0008C2DB] (places [FE01070F] < Error: Could not be resolved 1 >NAME - Base in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DA13PeryiteShrine [CELL:0000707C] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -36,9))

Help for this message

FIX THE ERROR as explained in the help OR PERMANENTLY REMOVE THE BROKEN PLUGIN.
Ignore wrong "advice" to only temporarily disable plugins.
Do not try to circumvent the error message, FIX THE ERROR instead.

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]

Debug log

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

42 minutes ago, backudog said:

What does this mean please? and how do i sort it? I've opened the s3dtrees nextgenerationforests esp in ssedit and can see the bit that seems to be causing the issue, but it just seems to be the same setting( ? ) as in update.esm and all the dlc? Also this error never appeared in the previous version of DYNDOLOD (alpha 46)?

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Unresolved FormID [FE01070F]

[Content]
Error in S3DTrees NextGenerationForests.esp [REFR:0008C2DB] (places [FE01070F] < Error: Could not be resolved 1 >NAME - Base in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DA13PeryiteShrine [CELL:0000707C] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -36,9))

Help for this message

FIX THE ERROR as explained in the help OR PERMANENTLY REMOVE THE BROKEN PLUGIN.
Ignore wrong "advice" to only temporarily disable plugins.
Do not try to circumvent the error message, FIX THE ERROR instead.

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]

Debug log

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 332.42 kB · 0 downloads

It means there is an unresolved form id error in the load order that can cause CTD.

No idea what "same setting as in update.esm and all the DLC" is supposed to mean.

No screenshot of what you see in xEdit was posted.

In the original  S3DTrees NextGenerationForests.esp the Name - Base for this reference points to xx14C70F where xx is the load order ID of S3DTrees NextGenerationForests.esp.

This might be the result of compacting form IDs going very wrong. Form IDs under 0x800 are reserved. The range of valid form IDs for light plugins is 0x800 to 0xFFF.

Without further information I'd suggest to reinstall the mod and make sure the plugin is not being modified or using a recent xEdit version to do the compacting.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

It means there is an unresolved form id error in the load order that can cause CTD.

No idea what "same setting as in update.esm and all the DLC" is supposed to mean.

No screenshot of what you see in xEdit was posted.

In the original  S3DTrees NextGenerationForests.esp the Name - Base for this reference points to xx14C70F where xx is the load order ID of S3DTrees NextGenerationForests.esp.

This might be the result of compacting form IDs going very wrong. Form IDs under 0x800 are reserved. The range of valid form IDs for light plugins is 0x800 to 0xFFF.

Without further information I'd suggest to reinstall the mod and make sure the plugin is not being modified or using a recent xEdit version to do the compacting.

ah yes, forgot to add screenshot, doh! here you go...

Screenshot (21).png