Dyndolod \ Trying to get Full Models to work

Denix

Question

Hello,

i have been trying to get 2 meshes loaded as full models but i cant seem to make it work. Basically what i want is have 2 ships in Solitude with the meshes "ShipLarge01.nif" and "ShipLargeDaintySload01.nif" to load as full models instead of lod models because i have a mod which changes the exterior of Solitude and the normal lod looks bad. I have tried adding 2 mesh rules:

one i added with this filepath: "dungeons\ship\ShipLarge01.nif" andĀ "dungeons\ship\ShipLargeDaintySload01.nif"

For the "ShipLarge01.nif" i added under static lod 4, 8 and 16 "Full Model". VWD unchecked. Also no "Full Model" or "Full LOD" selected (blank).

For the other one ("ShipLargeDaintySload01.nif") i tried leaving lod 4, 8 and 16 blank and only checking "Full Model". Also no luck. In SSEEdit the ship references have a "Visible when distant" checkmark. Maybe that helps.

I would big time appreciate some help cause am lost šŸ˜„

15 answers to this question

I managed to get it working except for the Dainty Ship which is when far away loaded as full model but when getting closer to it but not completely close its invisible. It seems like the reference is inbetween the loaded cell and another cell, like split in the transition and i think thats whats causing it. What could i do here now? Do i need to move the entire ship into one cell?

Ā 

1 hour ago, Denix said:

So that means i set all lod levels to Full Model and check VWD flag and grid Full Model? What would i need to do if i only wanted the full model to appear in the 3 lod levels, would that be possible?

Thank you.

If you set LOD4/8/16 too Full Model, the full model will appear in those LOD levels. If for some reason you do not want dynamic LOD use the full model, set Grid to Far LOD.

55 minutes ago, Denix said:

Also does it matter where i put the mesh rules? Should it be top or bottom

It says right above the box: Order matters!

Whatever rules matches the model path first matches. AĀ ruleĀ  for "ship" above "ShipLargeDaintySload01.nif" will always win.

44 minutes ago, Denix said:

I managed to get it working except for the Dainty Ship which is when far away loaded as full model but when getting closer to it but not completely close its invisible. It seems like the reference is inbetween the loaded cell and another cell, like split in the transition and i think thats whats causing it. What could i do here now? Do i need to move the entire ship into one cell?

Ā 

There is no undefined space between adjacent cells.Ā LOD starts beyond the loaded cells. Load unloads once everything in the cell is loaded.

If the object is a large reference, then the full model is loaded further away. and if no large reference bugs are trigger the LOD defined as large reference is also unloaded earlier. There should be no discrepancy between a full model being set as large referenceĀ  andĀ  its LOD being marked accordingly.Ā  Disable large refs to test if that influences what you are seeing.

11 minutes ago, sheson said:

If you set LOD4/8/16 too Full Model, the full model will appear in those LOD levels. If for some reason you do not want dynamic LOD use the full model, set Grid to Far LOD.

It says right above the box: Order matters!

Whatever rules matches the model path first matches. AĀ ruleĀ  for "ship" above "ShipLargeDaintySload01.nif" will always win.

Soooo that means my rule "dungeons\ship\ShipLargeDaintySload01.nif" applies to everything in "dungeons"? So if i wanted a rule only for that ship nif do i write in mesh mask onlyĀ "ShipLargeDaintySload01.nif"?

I am sorry for my noob questions but im learningĀ 

Thanks for taking your time

7 minutes ago, Denix said:

Soooo that means my rule "dungeons\ship\ShipLargeDaintySload01.nif" applies to everything in "dungeons"? So if i wanted a rule only for that ship nif do i write in mesh mask onlyĀ "ShipLargeDaintySload01.nif"?

I am sorry for my noob questions but im learningĀ 

Thanks for taking your time

The ruleĀ only applies when the path of the full model matches "dungeons\ship\ShipLargeDaintySload01.nif"

18 minutes ago, sheson said:

The ruleĀ only applies when the path of the full model matches "dungeons\ship\ShipLargeDaintySload01.nif"

Ahh now i understand okay gotcha. So if i makeĀ a rule forĀ "dungeons\ship\ShipLargeDaintySload01.nif" and the rest of the "ship" folder i should probably loadĀ "dungeons\ship\ShipLargeDaintySload01.nif"-rule first to have theĀ rules dataĀ for that single mesh. Thank you.

I managed to get full models for every ship except the Dainty one. I dont know what to do now. Theoretically it should work like the others but its the same as before even when changing only the lod levels to full model and not touching Grid or reference. The Rule for it is 1:1 the same like the others

Edit: I set the rule for the full model for the entire ship folder now i think that may be it i think i saw more than one nif for the dainty ship not sure tho. Dyndolod is runnin rn

Edited by Denix
Change

Install More Informative Console. In the game go to the ship, open console and click it. Verify it says "Dungeons\Ship\ShipLargeDaintySload01.nif" for the model.

Start DynDOLOD, go to advanced and right click insert a mesh rule near the top (for example just below "weatherstatics\":

Mesh mask: ShipLargeDaintySload01.nif (case does not matter)
LOD 4: Full Model
LOD 8/16: Full Model/Static LOD4/8/16 (there is no point for full model for far away LOD)
VWD: Checked
Grid: Far Full/Far LOD Reference: Unchanged

Remember, clicking low, medium, high resets all rules. Make sure Generate static LOD is checked. Click OK to generate LOD.

You can check the export file if the setting took effect ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel.txt Look for a line that looks like this:

0007B912	00008000	-66470.664062	94288.320313	-14284.390625	0.0000	0.0000	242.0000	1.0	ShipLargeDaintySload01	00008000	-LargeRef	meshes\dungeons\ship\shiplargedaintysload01.nif	meshes\dungeons\ship\shiplargedaintysload01.nif	meshes\dungeons\ship\shiplargedaintysload01.nif	meshes\dungeons\ship\shiplargedaintysload01.nif

The first nif is the full model and the next 3 nif are what is used for LOD levl 4/8/16 respectively.

Install output as a mod, make sure it overwrites everything.

Didnt work unfortunetly. All the other ships are working now except the dainty one. Idk whats so special about that one. Maybe it has something to do with "The Great City of Solitude"? I also tried setting different flags in sseedit like persistent, vwd, is full lod. None of it did something.

I found 2 records in the \DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel.txt:

0007B912Ā Ā  Ā 00008000Ā Ā  Ā -60588.632812Ā Ā  Ā 98510.593750Ā Ā  Ā -14409.810547Ā Ā  Ā 0.0000Ā Ā  Ā 0.0000Ā Ā  Ā 70.1131Ā Ā  Ā 1.0Ā Ā  Ā ShipLargeDaintySload01Ā Ā  Ā 00008000Ā Ā  Ā -LargeRefĀ Ā  Ā meshes\dungeons\ship\shiplargedaintysload01.nifĀ Ā  Ā meshes\dungeons\ship\shiplargedaintysload01.nifĀ Ā  Ā meshes\lod\ships\shiplargedaintysload01_lod3.nifĀ Ā  Ā meshes\lod\ships\shiplargedaintysload01_lod3.nif

and

000B017EĀ Ā  Ā 00008000Ā Ā  Ā -51628.746094Ā Ā  Ā 122133.843750Ā Ā  Ā -14314.411133Ā Ā  Ā 0.0000Ā Ā  Ā 0.0000Ā Ā  Ā 78.7076Ā Ā  Ā 1.0Ā Ā  Ā ShipLargeDaintySload01Ā Ā  Ā 00008000Ā Ā  Ā -LargeRefĀ Ā  Ā meshes\dungeons\ship\shiplargedaintysload01.nifĀ Ā  Ā meshes\dungeons\ship\shiplargedaintysload01.nifĀ Ā  Ā meshes\lod\ships\shiplargedaintysload01_lod3.nifĀ Ā  Ā meshes\lod\ships\shiplargedaintysload01_lod3.nif

The export files shows that for both ships the full model is used for the first LOD level 4.Ā The first nif is the full model and the next 3 filesĀ are what is used for LOD level 4/8/16 respectively.

Make sureĀ that the generated LOD files in the output folder are installed and not being overwritten by other mods.

LoadĀ Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Objects\Tamriel.4.-16.28.bto into NifSkope. The ship should be the full model.

Ā