Unpacking BSAs after mod is installed

Vermithraxxx

Question

My current understanding is BSAs will load when their esp is loaded.  i don't know where that will be exactly until at least LOOT sorts things and maybe I need to adjust further.  Given the plugin LO may settle into an order that gives me asset LO i don't want I may to extract the BSA after the mod is installed.  Is that possible?  Or do I need to reinstall the mod and click on the extract option.

5 answers to this question

Click Configure Settings and Workaround (the screwdriver/wrench icon in the toolbar at top), click the Plugins tab, click BSA Extractor in the plugins list on the left, change enabled to true and click OK to save the changes. When you install a mod that contains a BSA archive, Mod Organizer will ask if you want to extract the files in the BSA.

If the mod is already installed, click Archives in the right pane, right click on the BSA file you want to extract, click Extract. As DY mentions, you'll need to select the appropriate mod folder to use for the extraction. This normally should be the same mod that the BSA came from.