2.0b issues. upgrade to 3.0b?

Hi!  Its me again...

I literally just finished installing and setting up 2.0b two days ago and now I see 3.0b is up!  lol!

Anyway, some things I noticed right out of the gate with 2.0...

The cave in the beginning, under Helgen Keep, is SUPER dark...my screen is pitch black in some spots.  Its also prety damn dark in some of the houses Ive entered so far 

Is there a fix/new mod for this in 3.0b?

There is no "Quit" option in the save/load menu in game, I have to bring up the task manager to close Skyrim.

Some of the animations are a bit weird.  Lucian, I think, in the Riverwood trader leans on his

counter but misses.  So, it looks like hes leaning in mid air.

In order to load the game I had to add SKSE to the executables menu in MO2.  Using the skse64_loader.exe in the main folder didnt work.  

So, does anyone have any fixes for any of the above? 

Should I just upgrade to the next version of S.T.E.P? 

Do I have to start from scratch to upgrade?

Edited by PsychoDave

The cave in the beginning, under Helgen Keep, is SUPER dark...my screen is pitch black in some spots.  Its also prety damn dark in some of the houses Ive entered so far 

Is there a fix/new mod for this in 3.0b?

Yes. v0.3.0b drops ELE and adds Luminosity which takes care of this.

There is no "Quit" option in the save/load menu in game, I have to bring up the task manager to close Skyrim.

I had to go look...Haha! I always use "qqq" to leave the game (habit from authoring). It's there....just go to the System page and scroll down to "Quit". You can also open the console and type QQQ, hit enter, and it'll quit the game for you without saving (so save first if using).

Some of the animations are a bit weird.  Lucian, I think, in the Riverwood trader leans on his

counter but misses.  So, it looks like hes leaning in mid air.

That's probably vanilla, in all honesty. If not, we did switch out ICAIO with AI Overhaul, so there a change with NPCs in v0.3.0b

In order to load the game I had to add SKSE to the executables menu in MO2.  Using the skse64_loader.exe in the main folder didn't work.

You should be loading via MO and not manually so that is right. If you restart MO after installing the SKSE, MO should detect and add it automatically.

Should I just upgrade to the next version of S.T.E.P? 

Do I have to start from scratch to upgrade?

Yes! Since you're right at the start of a game, I would encourage you to update. There have been a lot of things addressed and new processes for LOD added. You will have to start a new game, though.

Yes! Since you're right at the start of a game, I would encourage you to update. There have been a lot of things addressed and new processes for LOD added. You will have to start a new game, though.

Starting a new game is fine, but will I need to uninstall everything and start from a Vanilla Skyrim or can I adjust my mod list with out causing issues?

Ok, I followed the changelog and added all the new mods and removed/uninstalled all "replaced/dropped" mods.  I finished, ran LOOT and I have an error

DynDOLOD.esp

-This plugin requires "ELE_SSE.esp" to be installed, but its missing.

So I must have missed something.  Do I need to reinstall DynDOLOD?  Im pretty sure the instructions between 2.0b and 3.0b for installing are the same.

Also, I just noticed I have some files in my overwrite folder...

SKSE>Plugins>Fuz Ro D'oh.ini and SkyrimUncapper.ini.

Im not sure why they are there, when I finished the 2.0b guide I emptied the folder.

Edited by PsychoDave

Maybe you are using the old Lighting and Weather CR patch?

About files in the Overwrite: Just move them in Fuz Ro D'Oh and Uncapper mods or make a mod like "SKSE Output" or something like that.

Edit: My mistake, you have to rerun DynDOLOD if it has ELE_SSE as master.

Edited by easyrider1988

Ok, so Im going through and redoing step 5 in the guide to replace everything I did in 2.0b.  

Under xLODGen it says...

1. isit the STEP Forum and download the SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm file.
  2. Place the file in the Overwrite folder in MO.
    • If the Overwrite folder isn't empty, it should be. Remove or delete all files/folders besides the file downloaded above.
  3. Ensure the new plugin is active in the plugin list (checked).
  4. Ensure the Cathedral Landscapes - LODGen Textures and Majestic Mountains - LOD Pack mods from the Foundation mod group are active (checked).
  5. Sort with LOOT.

in reference to item #3...what plugin are we talking about?  

*Edit*  Oh, I thionk i got it...the plugins Tab on the right side of the MO window...

After running "Terrain LOD Generation" the first step in "Wrap up" is 

1. Navigate to the xLODGen output folder (e.g. ..Modding\Tools\xLODGen\xLODGen_Output\).

xLODGen_Output folder doesnt exist in my xLODGen directory...

Edited by PsychoDave

The xLODGen output folder is generated where you specified during the MO2 tool setup with the -o:"File Path" argument. That's -o:"C:\Modding\xLODGen\xLODGen_Output\" if you followed the guide to the letter. Just change that to where you want it to be generated.

And yeah you are right about the plugin, just have to make sure it shows up in the tab and is enabled (check mark in the box).

The xLODGen output folder is generated where you specified during the MO2 tool setup with the -o:"File Path" argument. That's -o:"C:\Modding\xLODGen\xLODGen_Output\" if you followed the guide to the letter. Just change that to where you want it to be generated.

Ahh, thanks!

In S.T.E.P 2.0b the argument for it is just 

-lodgen -sse

Hopefully there isn't much else i missed.   Ill have to recheck all the tool setups

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am on 2.10.0 and would like to update to 3.0. I saw that a new game is a requirement. Is it possible to rest in a house for 30 days to reset scripts etc. and continue my save?

Edit: 3.0 is for special edition sorry my mistake please disregard

Edited by mehmetkuc