MO 2 Not Loading most mods.

Stigiroth

Question

Hey. So I've been trying to get this to work for about two weeks, as I'd gotten fed up with Vortex giving me ironically a different version of this exact same problem for the week prior. With Vortex, the organizer would sheerly disable about 2/3rds of my esp's ad-random every time I'd check them all manually and load up the game. Despite trouble shooting for several days. So I turned to MO 2 as I was told it would fix my problem.  It took some getting used to the new interface, but I figured out roughly how the program works. 

Working the a fresh, and clean install of Skyrim (Oldrim or LE specifically if this matters. Having gone in and manually deleted all folders/files after using the uninstaller and the reinstalling.) I went and downloaded MO 2 off of Nexus (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194) and got it set up following this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruq6hQIAvB8) tutorial to make sure I did everything right.  I then went and downloaded the mods I wished from Nexus, and installed them through MO 2. After everything was installed properly (As properly as I could tell. There were no file conflicts, missing masters, ect.) and running the external tools to finalize everything (LOOT & FNIS) I booted up the game through MO 2. The game launches fine, and I can tell at least some of the mods I've downloaded are working as the loading screen models I've seen changed appropriately. But I've run into the same problem where not all of the mods are working. Such as Immersive Armors, AmidianBorn, and Alternate Start. And if a couple of mods are borked, then I can safely assume that a good number of them are down the chain.  So, I start troubleshooting to try and figure out wtf went wrong. And as far as I've been able to come across, I've no idea what is wrong. MO 2 is installed on %appdata% not ProgramFiles. I've made a new MO 2 Profile and been using that over default. My directory paths are clean (as far as I can tell).  I've done 2 re-installs of MO 2 and Skyrim each in case I did **** something up just to be sure. And now I'm sitting here 2 week later, having been trying to just play my damn game for well close to a month, and have nothing but stress, heartburn, and a bit more depression to show for it. 

Can someone  PLEASE  help me figure out wtf is going wrong. 

6 answers to this question

I'ma sound dumb, but what exactly do you mean by patched my load order? Do you mean like LOOT, or downloading/installing patches from the mod pages? Because I did that.

Skyrim is installed in D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim     D:\ is an external 1tb segate ssd, as my base computer only has a 500gb.  I've had no problems with any other games. Then again, I don't mod Risk of Rain 2 or MHW. 
MO 2 is installed in C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer

You may try temporarily disabling any antivirus software to see if this solves the issue. If you are using Windows 10, verify that ModOrganizer.exe is not blocked (using File Manager, right click on ModOrganizer.exe, click Properties, click Unblock, click OK to close the dialog).

Also note that Windows prohibits Mod Organizer's virtual file system will not work (meaning you will not see any mods in the game) if you the game as an administrator. You should not need to run any of the tools or the game as administrator anyway.

EDIT: I've never tried using an external drive, but I wonder if Windows 10 may be tagging external drives as an untrusted source and prohibiting the virtual file system from working. I'm guessing on this point, but I do know Windows 10 tags network drives (NAS, SAN, etc.) as untrusted sources for whatever reason.