TexConv error C0000005

Getty

Question

Hi - 

Ive been at this for hours trying to get DynDOLOD working.  Ive followed gamerpoets installation guide, read many posts about errors and have tried the following remedies:  freeing up memory on the drive im using, deactivated most of my mods for the installation, uninstalled and reinstalled DynDOLOD and my Billboard mods, disabled my SMASH patch.  Im currently running the x64 version which is what always seems to fix other people's issues.

Pastebin of log https://pastebin.com/tkpVWJ03

But it always seems to crash when processing solthsteim.

As you can probably see from my log, the only esp's im running for the installation are:

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

Indistinguishable Billboards for Skyrim SE

SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp

TerrainLodRedone.esp

SkyUI_SE.esp

Obsidian Weathers.esp

BlendedRoads.esp

iHUD.esp

HD Lods SSE.esp

Enhanced Vanilla Trees SSE.esp

RealisticWaterTwo.esp

RealisticWaterTwo - Needs Mod Patch.esp

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

32 minutes ago, sheson said:

Guess your hunch about MO2 was right.
If you enable the debug log in MO2 and then check the log it might show you something or the MO2 devs know what to make of that.
You could also test what happen if you replace Texconv in Edit Scripts with the official version in and then start TexGen through MO2 if the same thing happens or not.
I can not guarantee it works correctly later on though.

I sent the MO2 devs the full debug log, but...I've sent them bug reports in the past and I've never even gotten a reply, so I'm not optimistic. :/
I can try the latest TexConv.

EDIT:

Latest TexConv worked!
Or at the very least it launched through MO2 without any errors, we'll see if TexGen fully runs and completes.

EDIT 2: Ran and finished with no errors.

Edited by DarthVitrial

....just to add.  It doesnt seem to matter if I de-activate my mods or not in Mod Organizer 2 before running the executable, I still get the texture error somewhere.  I make sure to close all applications (My 4.2ghz i7 should be capable) and if I understand correctly, I should simply deactivate many of my mods except for textures and billboards in MO2 (I run a total of about 80 mods), run both TexGen and DynDOLOD, then re-activate my mods, run LOOT, SMASH and run my game right?  I would really love to get DynDOLOD running - it seems like everyone is running it and Gopher released his praise for it recently on the yubtubs :)  Ive just been having some problems getting the executable to ever finish without error :(

The error message is
Executing TexConv returned error C0000005: "S:\Modding Utilities\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -m 1 -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -o "C:\Users\Jonathan\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit" "C:\Users\Jonathan\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit\044653B5ADB54814B7284D4F07FEEC11.dds">

Make sure the OS, UAC, anti vir or some other 3rd party crap ware is not preventing TexConv from running. Install latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019

Do not randomly disable mods. This is not how any of this supposed to work or how to troubleshoot a problems with executables.

Dragon King - 

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my logs and suggest a solution for me!  I am deeply grateful!  I wanted to come back and report that installing the C++ link you provided has magically solved my problem!  I am able to run the executable perfectly now and my game looks amazing!  Thank you again!

Hi! I can't seem to find a way around this error, the program stops after it shows up.
I've already tried to reinstall VC++ redist many times, all the versions of it.

Some relevant info:
- I'm running W10 64bit, i3 7100 and iGPU HD 630, 8gb RAM. Skyrim SE.

- The error doesn't always seem to be caused by the same .dds file.
- Some C0000005 errors shown up in the logs when running xLODGen right before this, but it didn't stop the program. I ran it again in case it missed textures because of it and it showed no errors the second time.

- Been following TPF guide

Here's a screenshot just in case it's useful https://imgur.com/RR8k3Cd

Can't really get my head around this, thanks in advance!

Error message:

Spoiler

Error message

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Texconv error C0000005.

[Content]
D:\Mods\Skyrim SE\Tools\DynDOLOD 3.00\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\Textures\lod\rtwallslod01_n.dds 
"D:\Mods\Skyrim SE\Tools\DynDOLOD 3.00\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -aw 256 -w 512 -h 512 -keepcoverage 0 -f BC7_UNORM -bc q -o "D:\Mods\Skyrim SE\Tools\DynDOLOD 3.00\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\Textures\lod" "D:\Mods\Skyrim SE\Tools\DynDOLOD 3.00\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\Textures\lod\rtwallslod01_n.dds"

Help for this message

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

Edited by sandrmni

Very sorry for posting in the wrong place before, I'll resume here and add the missing info.
I'm getting C0000005 error when running TexGen here are the log files and bugreport

I've tried everything that's suggested here but the error persists

On 1/29/2020 at 4:11 AM, sheson said:

The error message is

Executing TexConv returned error C0000005: "S:\Modding Utilities\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -m 1 -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -o "C:\Users\Jonathan\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit" "C:\Users\Jonathan\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit\044653B5ADB54814B7284D4F07FEEC11.dds">

Make sure the OS, UAC, anti vir or some other 3rd party crap ware is not preventing TexConv from running. Install latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019

This is the error message I got

Spoiler

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Texconv error C0000005.

[Content]
D:\Mods\Skyrim SE\Tools\DynDOLOD 3.00\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\Textures\lod\rtwallslod01_n.dds 
"D:\Mods\Skyrim SE\Tools\DynDOLOD 3.00\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha -aw 256 -w 512 -h 512 -keepcoverage 0 -f BC7_UNORM -bc q -o "D:\Mods\Skyrim SE\Tools\DynDOLOD 3.00\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\Textures\lod" "D:\Mods\Skyrim SE\Tools\DynDOLOD 3.00\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\Textures\lod\rtwallslod01_n.dds"

Help for this message

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

1 hour ago, sandrmni said:

Very sorry for posting in the wrong place before, I'll resume here and add the missing info.
I'm getting C0000005 error when running TexGen here are the log files and bugreport

I've tried everything that's suggested here but the error persists

This is the error message I got

Reveal hidden contents

Make sure that the correct (x64/x86) and latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 is installed.
Try uninstalling/resinstalling

Add exceptions to OS, UAC, anutivir etc. for DynDOLOD, TexGen, LODGen and Texconv

If problem persists, check that the mentioned texture from message exists and can be read/written to.
Check if it opens in an image viewer.

Copy and paste the entire TexConv command from the message manually on the command prompt to see what happens.

I am starting a new game (Skyrim AE) and saw there was an update earlier today of the DynDOLOD Alpha.  I downloaded it and overwrote the existing folders.  Now when I use TexGen64 in MO I get the follow error: 

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Executing Texconvx64.exe returned error code C0000005.

[Content]
"C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe"

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

This occurs prior to the TexGen screen I would normally see.  Based on other threads I've tried repairing the Visual C++ Redistributable and even uninstalling and reinstalling but running into the same issue.  I can run Texconvx64.exe outside of MO without any problems but I am not getting my full mod list.  I did not have this issue with the previous version.

55 minutes ago, Athrun said:

I am starting a new game (Skyrim AE) and saw there was an update earlier today of the DynDOLOD Alpha.  I downloaded it and overwrote the existing folders.  Now when I use TexGen64 in MO I get the follow error: 

This occurs prior to the TexGen screen I would normally see.  Based on other threads I've tried repairing the Visual C++ Redistributable and even uninstalling and reinstalling but running into the same issue.  I can run Texconvx64.exe outside of MO without any problems but I am not getting my full mod list.  I did not have this issue with the previous version.

It is generally best practice with DynDOLOD updates to delete the previous installation entirely, then install the updated version, as sometimes files might stick around that are now incompatible with the new version.

On 9/12/2022 at 10:11 PM, Athrun said:

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload when making posts.

Make use of the link "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" to read further help, especially the part about UAC and antivir.

Read and follow https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions
Use 7-Zip to unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new and empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game, Data or any mod manager folders. For example C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\.

Install latest version of MO2. Reboot.

I have recently installed DynDOLOD and am encountering a crash upon launching TexGen through Mod Organiser 2.

Copied message from the alert reads:

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]

[Content]
"C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe"

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]

TexGen_SSE_Debug_Log

TexGen_SSE_Log

Both the game and all modding tools used, including Mod Organiser 2 and DynDOLOD are freshly installed in non-UAC controlled areas (C:\Modding and C:\Skyrim). C++ redist and .Net framework are freshly installed.

Running on Windows 11. Read/write permissions are allowed as much as possible (including .cmd line changes to relevant folders). Bitdefender was installed previously, but it has now been fully removed and MO2, DynDOLOD, C++ redists and .net framework have been reinstalled since removing Bitdefender.

TexGen launches and works succesfully if not launched from within MO2, however, it does not detect mods.

I hope this information is useful.

Edited by Littlerift

3 hours ago, Littlerift said:

I have recently installed DynDOLOD and am encountering a crash upon launching TexGen through Mod Organiser 2.

Copied message from the alert reads:

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]

[Content]
"C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe"

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]

TexGen_SSE_Debug_Log

TexGen_SSE_Log

Both the game and all modding tools used, including Mod Organiser 2 and DynDOLOD are freshly installed in non-UAC controlled areas (C:\Modding and C:\Skyrim). C++ redist and .Net framework are freshly installed.

Running on Windows 11. Read/write permissions are allowed as much as possible (including .cmd line changes to relevant folders). Bitdefender was installed previously, but it has now been fully removed and MO2, DynDOLOD, C++ redists and .net framework have been reinstalled since removing Bitdefender.

TexGen launches and works succesfully if not launched from within MO2, however, it does not detect mods.

I hope this information is useful.

Same exact issue since i've updated.

3 hours ago, Thekittymix said:

Same exact issue since i've updated.

Might be a win11 problem since I also experience same issue on win11. Previous Texgen works fine.

Edit 1: I'm uninstalling and reinstalling MO2 to see if that changes anything. I am using the latest build available in Nexus and NOT the alpha build in their Discord server if that info helps.

Edited by Jakolanten