TexConv error C0000005

Getty

Question

Hi - 

Ive been at this for hours trying to get DynDOLOD working.  Ive followed gamerpoets installation guide, read many posts about errors and have tried the following remedies:  freeing up memory on the drive im using, deactivated most of my mods for the installation, uninstalled and reinstalled DynDOLOD and my Billboard mods, disabled my SMASH patch.  Im currently running the x64 version which is what always seems to fix other people's issues.

Pastebin of log https://pastebin.com/tkpVWJ03

But it always seems to crash when processing solthsteim.

As you can probably see from my log, the only esp's im running for the installation are:

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

Indistinguishable Billboards for Skyrim SE

SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp

TerrainLodRedone.esp

SkyUI_SE.esp

Obsidian Weathers.esp

BlendedRoads.esp

iHUD.esp

HD Lods SSE.esp

Enhanced Vanilla Trees SSE.esp

RealisticWaterTwo.esp

RealisticWaterTwo - Needs Mod Patch.esp

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

32 minutes ago, sheson said:

This test version of TexGen should keep the file txt I am looking for. https://mega.nz/file/4IBwgDKZ#9ZgYBtYA-2DWXgxoW938iZycfZFEfP6R9GgqKTv5zEA

Here you go. I ran it twice to see if came up with something different.

Texconv_126_2_1E5047B835F44DC98C4153805CFA8FE3.txt

Texconv_24_4_FC3C9EC2E85A47C8BD16FF7EAB8D5038.txt

Edited by kn1ghtradiant

18 hours ago, kn1ghtradiant said:

Test if there is anything different when using a more recent MO2 #dev-builds from their Discord https://discord.gg/b6WvchB6

2.4.5 Alpha 3 or 2.5.0 Alpha 6

If there is no change, use whatever MO2 version and enable the Debug  og Level in MO2 Settings/Diagnostic and check the usvfs log for related messages.

48 minutes ago, jimmywon34 said:

Getting an error like this when running texgen and the process won't finish

Screenshot 2023-05-08 053835.png

Logs.7z 208.93 kB · 2 downloads

Moved to the thread with similar posts and discussion.

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Copy-and-Paste-Text,
If the option Copy this message to clipboard is available on a message prompt, use it to copy and paste the text.

Error: Texconv error C0000005 textures\architecture\windhelm\500wall_n.dds "Q:\SSE Mods\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -gpu 0 -y -aw 256 -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -o "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE" "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\D647E8B8B72A4F8C8D2782282F57C55B.dds"

Check the Windows event log for related message.
Test running Texconvx64 on the command prompt directly.

Make sure the OS, UAC, anti vir or some other 3rd party crap ware is not preventing TexConv from running.
Make sure there are no hardware, , memory, BIOS, overclocking etc. issues.

Install latest Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 x64

Install latest graphics drivers.

Using alpha-165, TexGen is unable to launch through  MO2 (2.5.1RC2), always failing with "Error: Executing Texconvx64.exe returned error code C0000005. "E:\Dyndolod\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe""

I've already ensured my graphics drivers are up to date and with all extraneous bloat disabled, checked to make sure my antimalware isn't blocking anything, and made sure I have the most recent Visual Studio Redistributables.
I've reported this to MO2 already since it might be a MO2 bug but I figured I'd report it here as well just in case. TexGen logs attached.

TexGen_SSE_log.txt TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

13 hours ago, DarthVitrial said:

Using alpha-165, TexGen is unable to launch through  MO2 (2.5.1RC2), always failing with "Error: Executing Texconvx64.exe returned error code C0000005. "E:\Dyndolod\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe""

I've already ensured my graphics drivers are up to date and with all extraneous bloat disabled, checked to make sure my antimalware isn't blocking anything, and made sure I have the most recent Visual Studio Redistributables.
I've reported this to MO2 already since it might be a MO2 bug but I figured I'd report it here as well just in case. TexGen logs attached.

TexGen_SSE_log.txt 86.02 kB · 1 download TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 444.91 kB · 0 downloads

Moved the post to the appropriate thread.
See posts above.

It is not clear if making sure you have the latest version of the Redistributables means you actually reinstalled/repaired it. Do that.

Check if the Texconv check works if TexGen is started directly instead of through MO2.

Test what happens when you run Texconvx64.exe in the Edit Scripts folder from a command prompt, it should return nothing without any error.

Test what happens when you run official Texconv from a command prompt. It should show the help and information about the graphics card.

11 hours ago, sheson said:

Moved the post to the appropriate thread.
See posts above.

It is not clear if making sure you have the latest version of the Redistributables means you actually reinstalled/repaired it. Do that.

Check if the Texconv check works if TexGen is started directly instead of through MO2.

Test what happens when you run Texconvx64.exe in the Edit Scripts folder from a command prompt, it should return nothing without any error.

Test what happens when you run official Texconv from a command prompt. It should show the help and information about the graphics card.

1: yes, I repaired/reinstalled.

2:Works perfectly if started directly instead of through MO2 (though obviously it can't see my mods)

3: yep, returns nothing with no error.

4: Through MO2 or by itself? If you mean by itself, yes, that's what it shows. Should I upload that?

Edited by DarthVitrial

12 minutes ago, DarthVitrial said:

1: yes, I repaired/reinstalled.

2:Works perfectly if started directly instead of through MO2 (though obviously it can't see my mods)

3: yep, returns nothing with no error.

4: Through MO2 or by itself? If you mean by itself, yes, that's what it shows. Should I upload that?

Guess your hunch about MO2 was right.
If you enable the debug log in MO2 and then check the log it might show you something or the MO2 devs know what to make of that.
You could also test what happen if you replace Texconv in Edit Scripts with the official version in and then start TexGen through MO2 if the same thing happens or not.
I can not guarantee it works correctly later on though.

40 minutes ago, DarthVitrial said:

I sent the MO2 devs the full debug log, but...I've sent them bug reports in the past and I've never even gotten a reply, so I'm not optimistic. :/
I can try the latest TexConv.

EDIT:

Latest TexConv worked!
Or at the very least it launched through MO2 without any errors, we'll see if TexGen fully runs and completes.

EDIT 2: Ran and finished with no errors.

What about this version https://mega.nz/file/YNIlXQ7C#-NY9FcWU1B8N_QdSxtRyNrgIih7cSxSPNy0EJKBF834