TexConv error C0000005

Getty

Question

Hi - 

Ive been at this for hours trying to get DynDOLOD working.  Ive followed gamerpoets installation guide, read many posts about errors and have tried the following remedies:  freeing up memory on the drive im using, deactivated most of my mods for the installation, uninstalled and reinstalled DynDOLOD and my Billboard mods, disabled my SMASH patch.  Im currently running the x64 version which is what always seems to fix other people's issues.

Pastebin of log https://pastebin.com/tkpVWJ03

But it always seems to crash when processing solthsteim.

As you can probably see from my log, the only esp's im running for the installation are:

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

Indistinguishable Billboards for Skyrim SE

SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp

TerrainLodRedone.esp

SkyUI_SE.esp

Obsidian Weathers.esp

BlendedRoads.esp

iHUD.esp

HD Lods SSE.esp

Enhanced Vanilla Trees SSE.esp

RealisticWaterTwo.esp

RealisticWaterTwo - Needs Mod Patch.esp

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

1 hour ago, Jakolanten said:

Might be a win11 problem since I also experience same issue on win11. Previous Texgen works fine.

Edit 1: I'm uninstalling and reinstalling MO2 to see if that changes anything. I am using the latest build available in Nexus and NOT the alpha build in their Discord server if that info helps.

I am running into this with Win 10, so I don't think this is exclusively a Win 11 issue.

8 hours ago, Littlerift said:

I have recently installed DynDOLOD and am encountering a crash upon launching TexGen through Mod Organiser 2.

Copied message from the alert reads:

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Executing Texconvx64.exe returned error code C0000005.

[Content]
"C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe"

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

TexGen_SSE_Debug_Log

TexGen_SSE_Log

Both the game and all modding tools used, including Mod Organiser 2 and DynDOLOD are freshly installed in non-UAC controlled areas (C:\Modding and C:\Skyrim). C++ redist and .Net framework are freshly installed.

Running on Windows 11. Read/write permissions are allowed as much as possible (including .cmd line changes to relevant folders). Bitdefender was installed previously, but it has now been fully removed and MO2, DynDOLOD, C++ redists and .net framework have been reinstalled since removing Bitdefender.

TexGen launches and works succesfully if not launched from within MO2, however, it does not detect mods.

I hope this information is useful.

Check what happens if you replace ..DynDOLOD\Edit Script\Texconvx64.exe with this version https://mega.nz/file/oYpkQZrJ#FpPXBy1k3G58uiujoReHtoOHEws0xHSIAlB7-JnS8OU

50 minutes ago, Jakolanten said:

Check in Control Panel / Programs Features  which version of the MS Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable (x64) is installed.

Check Windows Event viewer application log for the error, double click it and use the  copy button and paste the text.

I got Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 (X64) 14.32.31332. Attached files are the recent ones from Event Viewer with the new Texconv64.exe

Error.txt 547 B · 1 download Information.txt 1.16 kB · 1 download

Test if Texconv works if TexGen is started directly and not from MO2.

If that is the case, test with MO2 2.4.5 Alpha 3 and if that does not change anything with 2.5.0 Alpha 3 from the MO2 discord https://discord.gg/G5995VMp dev-builds channel.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Test if Texconv works if TexGen is started directly and not from MO2.

If that is the case, test with MO2 2.4.5 Alpha 3 and if that does not change anything with 2.5.0 Alpha 3 from the MO2 discord https://discord.gg/G5995VMp dev-builds channel.

Tried both MO2 and it still has the same error. Launching it outside MO works fine though.