xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

1 hour ago, niston said:

Have some news regarding the exterior LOD issue.

I managed to find someone else with custom Commonwealth LOD installed, and I asked them to verify if they can see the Mass Fusion building from inside Diamond City. They can't see it.

WIth vanilla LOD, that building is visible from there.

I have also undertaken extensive vertibird flights over the map, with custom LOD installed. I could not discern any defects in the custom LOD for the Worldspace.

Reporting back after running Beta82 without the "no vertex colors" option:

6RgadYm.png

I could not see any difference in the worldspace LOD on my flights from Concord to Boston Airport, whether the option was on or off (it's currently night tho).
But enabling it appears to fix the exterior LOD in Goodneighbor and Hotel Rexford. I didn't check in Diamond City yet, but assume it is the same.

Thank you so much!

Edited by niston

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

how to add certain textures to the ignore list when creating an atlas? if i don't want to add certain textures to the atlas.

There is no such thing as an ignore list for textures since it typically doesn't make sense to not put a LOD textures onto the LOD atlas, since usually the only result is worse performance.

3 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

I need to put only tree lod textures in the atlas (build as object lod).

What would be a reason to not have the rest of the object LOD have its textures on the atlas texture and instead use the LOD textures directly thus increasing draw calls?

2 hours ago, Rapunzel said:

hmmm if build tree lods as object lods then they all have same direction  (not random as if cteare usually tree lods)

https://imageban.ru/show/2021/06/07/a08f1ac830ad5f559f80b5c3bfc2bb21/jpg

another one for test:

https://imageban.ru/show/2021/06/07/4b88737b38eca6fc4479e6b497c13d4d/jpg

Object LOD uses the x, y, z position and x, y, z rotation from the reference record, obviously. 

18 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

can you make it randomly?

because in the distance it looks the same

https://imageban.ru/show/2021/06/07/be9d409a3dbfe97a31f2d41a8f082e16/jpg

vanilla (traditional generation) behavior - randomly.

Object LOD needs to match the position and rotation of full models. If you do not want different objects to all face the same direction change the position/rotation of their references.

Object LOD needs to match the position and rotation of full models. 

what is the reason for this? the center of the model is the same anyway.

Can you make this optional?

Edited by Rapunzel