xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

Hello again and sorry for the late reply  ::):

Instead of making screenshots of text, copy and paste the text to pastebin or upload the logile to a file service.

Will do, it is just that there was nothing uncommon besides those few lines.

I've placed the meshes and textures for watertower01_lod inside the respective folders and now the LOD/atlas is generating correctly!

Most strange because the bsa archives contain the correct pathing and nif/dds files for watertower01_lod, dunno why it was not generating from the files inside the bsa.

But now I (hopefully) got the hang of it! Thanks a lot for helping me with a problem that wasn't xLODGen specific!!

From my previous post:

If using NMC textures, the final stage shows many - textures not on atlas, some LOD will be missing in game!

Was able to fix by resizing the following NMC textures in Data\textures\landscape

rockcanyonlod & rockcanyonlod_n from 2048x1024 to 1024x512

rockwasteland01_lod & rockwasteland01_lod_n from 1024x1024 to 512x512

Those files were NOT being included in the atlas before the size reduction (not even in 8192 sized atlas).

This version of LODGen.exe should print a better message that also print the model filenames for easier troubleshooting.

Sorry, didn't tried this version you linked, but may in the future if new problems arise.

Many thanks again sheson!!

You and the modding community are amazing people!  :thumbsup:

Edited by Himself

Most strange because the bsa archives contain the correct pathing and nif/dds files for watertower01_lod, dunno why it was not generating from the files inside the bsa.

Doh I can be such a ****** sometimes =X
TTW requires Fallout - Meshes2.bsa to be inserted into the fallout.ini, I redid my ini files a while back and apparently left this detail slip. Sorry sorry xD
Messing with the same files over and over can leave one a bit disoriented.

Looking for a little assistance with an error I am receiving while using this tool:

[00:34] Error: Executing TexConv failure: "G:\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha  -f DXT1 -bcdither -o "g:\xlodgen output\textures\terrain\tamriel" -flist "C:\Users\zap\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit\Texconv_Tamriel_0_0.txt"
[00:34] g:\xlodgen output\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.4.-60.-64.dds

95% of my log looks like that when trying to generate terrain LOD.

Made sure that my AV wasn't running and I have plenty of RAM in my system so its not overburdened. Folders seem to be set up right. Running the tool through MO2's launcher with -sse -o parameters. Did a quick search of this topic and it seems like you mentioned needing updated redistributables for the .exe?

Edited by abshell

Looking for a little assistance with an error I am receiving while using this tool:

[00:34] Error: Executing TexConv failure: "G:\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha  -f DXT1 -bcdither -o "g:\xlodgen output\textures\terrain\tamriel" -flist "C:\Users\zap\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit\Texconv_Tamriel_0_0.txt"

[00:34] g:\xlodgen output\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.4.-60.-64.dds

95% of my log looks like that when trying to generate terrain LOD.

Made sure that my AV wasn't running and I have plenty of RAM in my system so its not overburdened. Folders seem to be set up right. Running the tool through MO2's launcher with -sse -o parameters. Did a quick search of this topic and it seems like you mentioned needing updated redistributables for the .exe?

Check the log above the error for more information. Run TexConv from a command prompt to check if it prints more information about what might be wrong.

Help with SSELodgen please.

Hi so I am trying to get XLodgen to work, and I have followed the installation instructions and Xlodgen settings on TUCO.

However, I keep getting the following error:

Error: Executing TexConv failure: "C:\Users\Hong\Desktop\Mod tools\xLODGen.58\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha  -f DXT1 -bcdither -o "c:\xlodgen\output\textures\terrain\tamriel" -flist

"C:\Users\Hong\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit\Texconv_Tamriel_213_0.txt"

Moreover, to troubleshoot I have disabled every mod installed except for the dlcs, update, SKSE, SSE engine fix, USSEP and skyui. The error persists.

The program finishes running, and there are texture and mesh files in the output directory.

Could some kind soul pls help ?

Help with SSELodgen please.

Hi so I am trying to get XLodgen to work, and I have followed the installation instructions and Xlodgen settings on TUCO.

However, I keep getting the following error:

Error: Executing TexConv failure: "C:\Users\Hong\Desktop\Mod tools\xLODGen.58\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha  -f DXT1 -bcdither -o "c:\xlodgen\output\textures\terrain\tamriel" -flist

"C:\Users\Hong\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit\Texconv_Tamriel_213_0.txt"

Moreover, to troubleshoot I have disabled every mod installed except for the dlcs, update, SKSE, SSE engine fix, USSEP and skyui. The error persists.

The program finishes running, and there are texture and mesh files in the output directory.

Could some kind soul pls help ?

See the suggestions I made above.

Do not install tools into special windows folders.

Disabling plugins is not going to change anything about executing TexConv.exe.

Edited by sheson

I'm getting the same error: "Executing TexConv failure" as other users with the newest version of xLODgen

Error: Executing TexConv failure: "E:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Utilities\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha  -f BC7_UNORM -bcquick -o "e:\steam library\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\utilities\xlodgen output\textures\terrain\markarthworld" -flist "C:\Users\Matrix\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit\Texconv_MarkarthWorld_0_0.txt"

Lots of the similar errors during terrain generation.

Edited by JackDennis

I'm getting the same error: "Executing TexConv failure" as other users with the newest version of xLODgen

Error: Executing TexConv failure: "E:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Utilities\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -sepalpha  -f BC7_UNORM -bcquick -o "e:\steam library\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\utilities\xlodgen output\textures\terrain\markarthworld" -flist "C:\Users\Matrix\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit\Texconv_MarkarthWorld_0_0.txt"

Lots of the similar errors during terrain generation.

See the suggestions I made above. Consider posting again with the results.

Do not install tools into Steam or game folders.

Edited by sheson

latest version (58) when it gets to the texconv stage seems to ignore what was entered for  "-o path" and instead dumps them in your appdata\local\temp directory 

Log at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ql7XDFrsvl4WlVTlnQ4LqTMh0EkprQxE

Rolled back to v55 (last time I used it) and it's outputting the textures to the correct folder again.

Edited by PMBagpuss

latest version (58) when it gets to the texconv stage seems to ignore what was entered for  "-o path" and instead dumps them in your appdata\local\temp directory 

Log at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ql7XDFrsvl4WlVTlnQ4LqTMh0EkprQxE

Rolled back to v55 (last time I used it) and it's outputting the textures to the correct folder again.

Can't edit my post, installing the latest of the ms visual studio redistributable and 58 is working.

Hello. Couple of Wordspace Lod problems I cannot solve, or know where to start.

Two problems Im trying to sort out. 1 minor, 1 less so.

In the world space map, in the south part of the map, the area 'beyond' the boundary, does not use the same texture as the water. 

9-1577008132-1859596348.jpeg

The second, and more serious problem is in the north. As you can see, all the those 'ocean' cells, must be flagged as land in some way, since every time I re-do the lods no matter, it always looks like that. Probably a simple matter for an expert, but, that would not be me.

9-1577008148-333026062.jpeg

I created the latest run with:

World Space updated with latest CK.

Landscape with xlodgen 58 

Static and tree lods w Dyndolod 2.75

I used default for settings in all cases.

:thumbsup:

Hello. Couple of Wordspace Lod problems I cannot solve, or know where to start.

Two problems Im trying to sort out. 1 minor, 1 less so.

In the world space map, in the south part of the map, the area 'beyond' the boundary, does not use the same texture as the water. 

9-1577008132-1859596348.jpeg

The second, and more serious problem is in the north. As you can see, all the those 'ocean' cells, must be flagged as land in some way, since every time I re-do the lods no matter, it always looks like that. Probably a simple matter for an expert, but, that would not be me.

9-1577008148-333026062.jpeg

I created the latest run with:

World Space updated with latest CK.

Landscape with xlodgen 58 

Static and tree lods w Dyndolod 2.75

I used default for settings in all cases.

:thumbsup:

You did not say which worldspace that is. Is it a mod?

Picture 1 looks like this is the edge of world. LOD is only generated for quads for which at least one CELL records exist. The coordinates and dimension of the discovered area are shown in the log.

Picture 2 seems to show that either the CELL records have no Has Water flag, No LOD water flag or the default water height defined on the world record is lower than the terrain. The used default water height is shown in the log.

Edited by sheson