Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Follow Lexy's Build Guide and the instructions/Guide for creating a separate MO2 profile for each merge.  Your attempt to simplify the process (though laudable) will (I think) greatly increases the probability that any mistakes made will be more difficult to find and correct because you didn't following an established process.

I do not disagree with you.

I had no problems following the "Merge Plugins Standalone - Lexy's Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition Profile" instructions in the main guide (they were short and really only directed you to: "Lexys_LOTD_SE_Merge_Page")

On the merge page the only instruction on creating profiles for merges are:

* Click the [Configure Profiles] icon at the top of the main Mod Organizer window. The icon looks like an id card.

* Select "Legacy Of The Dragonborn - Special Edition" then click [Copy].

* Type "<Insert Name of Merge>" in the text box and hit [OK].

After the creation of this profile do you deactivate any mods? keep in mind that at this time your .esp count exceeds 255 because its merely a copy of your modded profile.

Or do you simply reorder the mod folders and .esps to be merged so that they are contiguous while ignoring the exceeded .esp count? If so, any advice on location of mod folders? (ex: top, bottom, kinda where they are, doesn't matter)

NOTE: I am not trying to find shortcuts, I strive to follow instruction no matter how tedious it may be.

FYI this is a screen shot of my "Animals Merged" profile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbn82iuxbxunol7/Capture.PNG?dl=0

OK so more investigation into the CR is needed every wolf in the Tundra is aggroing and thus put me in combat and my followers go chasing after them can't remember it that bad on classic I'll have to compare what i have done differently thins time.

Wolf pups appear to be the worse.

I do not disagree with you.

I had no problems following the "Merge Plugins Standalone - Lexy's Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition Profile" instructions in the main guide (they were short and really only directed you to: "Lexys_LOTD_SE_Merge_Page")

On the merge page the only instruction on creating profiles for merges are:

* Click the [Configure Profiles] icon at the top of the main Mod Organizer window. The icon looks like an id card.
* Select "Legacy Of The Dragonborn - Special Edition" then click [Copy].
* Type "" in the text box and hit [OK].

After the creation of this profile do you deactivate any mods? keep in mind that at this time your .esp count exceeds 255 because its merely a copy of your modded profile.

Or do you simply reorder the mod folders and .esps to be merged so that they are contiguous while ignoring the exceeded .esp count? If so, any advice on location of mod folders? (ex: top, bottom, kinda where they are, doesn't matter)

NOTE: I am not trying to find shortcuts, I strive to follow instruction no matter how tedious it may be.

FYI this is a screen shot of my "Animals Merged" profile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbn82iuxbxunol7/Capture.PNG?dl=0

what i do for merges is:

1. create a new profile from a copy of the base install.

2. switch to the new profile.

3. deactivate all mods.

4. reactivate only the mods i wish to merge (plus any required masters).

5. Run LOOT.

6. Make sure every mod i am merging is in the load order I want and at the bottom on the Right pane.

7. do the merge.

Hope this clears things up for you.

ok so been take a look at the The Great Equalizer and there is a record I have trying to get the bloody script to ignore but it wont I have added:

exclusions.Add('<CYRLuteWeapon>') (this is from Burma as script is not liking it). I have read the readme and can't see why the scrip wont ignore this record so for those that have successfully run The Great Equalizer what am i doing wrong.

Edit: this part of the script that deal with record exclusions:

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

//---IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH ANY SPECIFIC RECORD PATCHING IN AN UNDESIRABLE WAY---//

//-------THEN YOU CAN ADD IT TO A CUSTOM EXCLUSION LIST FOR YOUR LOAD ORDER---------//

//----------------THIS IS ONLY VALID IN EXCLUSION MODE (SEE BELOW)------------------//

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

//------------------------>>> THIS IS A SETTING FOR USERS <<<-----------------------//

//For multiple records, copy the following line as many times as needed

//Replace <RECORD NAME HERE> with the record name you want to exclude

//Please note that this has to be exactly as it appears

//IE CCOR_

//Make sure that the apostrophes remain exactly as they appear ('  ')

//Original line: exclusions.Add('<RECORD NAME HERE>');

I delete the bloody damned sodding Lute from god-damned hell BSHeartland.esm, run The Great Equalizer and when the save dialogue pops up, I make sure to only save the new esp and not BS (Bloody thrice-damned sodding home of the godforsaken Lute) Heartland.esm

(I really haven't spent ages trying to get past the (you know the drill) Lute.)

OK I have a really weird MO2 issue...

I removed a mod from my list, deleted DualSheath Redux Patch.esp and then ran SkyProc again. Reactivated the new Patch esp.  Game loads and runs like a dream.  MO2, though, still says I am missing the master from the patch.  Any tips?

Edited by dcads

I delete the bloody damned sodding Lute from god-damned hell BSHeartland.esm, run The Great Equalizer and when the save dialogue pops up, I make sure to only save the new esp and not BS (Bloody thrice-damned sodding home of the godforsaken Lute) Heartland.esm

(I really haven't spent ages trying to get past the (you know the drill) Lute.)

that is what i did as well but i didn't want to have to removed that sodding lute everytime i updated and changed something so i was trying to be cleaver and just exclude the record from be processed but it appears doesn't work (or I am doing something wrong but what i don't know.) and on the subject why is a stupid lute even considered a weapon in the first place make no sense.

that is what i did as well but i didn't want to have to removed that sodding lute everytime i updated and changed something so i was trying to be cleaver and just exclude the record from be processed but it appears doesn't work (or I am doing something wrong but what i don't know.) and on the subject why is a stupid lute even considered a weapon in the first place make no sense.

idk I'd totally run around bashing people with lutes if I could  ::D:

When I create merges I Just make MO categories with the merge name and include all mods needed for that merge in the category. I have tried everything you guys have suggested and for me found it the best way to go.

If that works for then fine I admit my method may not work for everyone but it works for me :drool:. Just do work works for you some don't even bother and mod what they ned to the bottom of the load order and activate what they need (plus any Master) through merge plugins.

• +1 1

Still quite new to the modding scene, but quick question for lexy:  When downloading the patches for LoTD, why aren't we using all of the FOMOD patches for the item displays (for amulets, Royal Armory, Immersive Creatures, etc?)  Are they an optional load?  Is there any huge negative or positive to including them, other than the joy of merging more .esp's?

[Legacy of The Dragonborn SSE - Patches]CORE Legacy of the Dragonborn SSE - V3.4.4 - by icecreamassassinFiles to download :
OPTIONAL FILEs - LOTD Patches Merged
OPTIONAL FILES - Legacy of the Dragonborn Patches FOMOD
Special Installation: Only install the Solitude Skyway Patch, Artifacts of Boethiah Patch and Better Quest Objectives Patch from the Fomod.
Mod Notes: This mod adds a whole bunch of compatibility patches for Legacy of the Dragonborn.
Edited by humblecalamity

Still quite new to the modding scene, but quick question for lexy:  When downloading the patches for LoTD, why aren't we using all of the FOMOD patches for the item displays (for amulets, Royal Armory, Immersive Creatures, etc?)  Are they an optional load?  Is there any huge negative or positive to including them, other than the joy of merging more .esp's?

[Legacy of The Dragonborn SSE - Patches]CORE Legacy of the Dragonborn SSE - V3.4.4 - by icecreamassassinFiles to download :
Special Installation: Only install the Solitude Skyway Patch, Artifacts of Boethiah Patch and Better Quest Objectives Patch from the Fomod.
Mod Notes: This mod adds a whole bunch of compatibility patches for Legacy of the Dragonborn.

That is because those 3 patches Solitude Skyway Patch, Artifacts of Boethiah Patch and Better Quest Objectives Patch from the Fomod are not currently included in the LOTD Merged Patch kindly provided by Sirjesto.

There's a merged esp includes most of those. Just that they haven't added Skyway, Boethiah, or BQO to that merge just yet.

Edit: Ninja'd by Darth

Edited by Tzefira