Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Pleasenomore hi! Just a radom thought here......whilst in the start charactor cell, have you done your classic class yet and mcm menus?. There were reports awhile back of people trying to leave that cell BEFORE having created the classic class or mcm menus, leading to ctd. The thinking if i remeber correctly was to do those first, save, exit...then reload and then go into the world. May not be your specific case, but nothing to lose trying....hope you find your answer

Originally yes I had created the class and done my MCM items. But my issue is resolved I hope? I thought maybe it was a bad mod, so disabled all of them and loaded vanilla. It worked. I enabled half my mods and got my crash. I made sure they were sorted properly and all before launching and that there were no conflicts. I cut that number by half and it booted up. I enabled basically 10 more mods at a time and would launch until I got a crash.

What it turned out to be was the landscape overhaul HD. It was the only enabled mod causing the crash. I reinstalled it and now am able to play just fine. 

Thank y'all for the input, this forum has done wonders for figuring stuff out. My approach was actually a suggestion from many posts ago. If anything else strange happens I'll bring it up here.

My Preference: I would like to not use Men of Winter, I'm not a fan of any of the faces modified by the mod, and that mustache is hideous.

I've added 2 of my own mods (Skyrim Sizes, iEquip) and have tried the modding setup without those, same problem persists, onto my problem.

Having an issue with NPC Textures. In any setup the game gets stuck on loading screen with the wheel in the bottom right spinning infinitely without NPC Retextures Merge SSE.esp and OMEGA NPC Retexture - Conflict Resolution.esp both activated, which when opting against textures from Men Of Winter, causes a lot of immersive purple people. 

If I do have all of the 'optional' NPC Retexture mods (WICO, Bijin and friends) activated and the NPC Retexture Merge and the fix esps according to the guide, the game loads and works except that the game crashes whenever various NPCs are enter my line of sight and there are male and female NPCs with missing face textures, Delphine and Hjoromir in Riverwood for example. On the crashing, I've noticed when I load into Riverwood that very few times my game will crash, but I've noticed consistencies in the NPCs I see if my game does crash. If I look at Sigrid by for example, my game will crash, there are also maids and such in Dragons Reach who will do the same.

The game will still refuse to progress past the initial load if I have no optional NPC retexture mods (Wico, Bijin and friends) activated unless I have the Merge and OMEGA Fix esps activated so I have no findings for any situation without any texture mods at all. If I do have the NPC Retexture duo activated, there will be missing textures from any mod that I don't have activated in the left pane, which results in a bunch of blue-eyed twins staring at me in a cart on launch of the Helgen start and the thief main body is also purple, and all of the guards around me, I don't judge personal life choices, but I don't think Nords are meant to look like that.

I've tried opting for just using WICO following similar install instructions to the guide, ignoring the deleting of the esps and the game still won't progress past launch without NPC Retextures Merge SSE.esp and accompanying OMEGA NPC Retexture Fix mod. 

Only thing I haven't tried is loading the optional NPC Retexture mods (Wico, Bijin, and friends) with their ESPs still active and no Merge & OMEGA Fix active.

At this point, I would prefer to run with my own NPC Texture setup, which I've tried, but I can't get pasted the launch loading screen without the NPC Rexteture Merged, which would result in purple people everywhere. I've tried generating all the patches in Final Steps with multiple different setups without the NPC Rextexture duo active and MO shows no errors without them but still the infinite loadscreen problem persists. 

Just being thorough with my findings and giving everyone as much information as I can to help ya'll out. Multitude of things that it could be and I've been working on this for a day or two to figure it out, wondering if anyone has any thoughts. 

Edited by TMMania

I'm still in the process of assembling everything right now, and wanted to ask about the NPC Overhauls. I'm fine with everything as-is except for one particular thing. I still have the "Tiny Serana" mod files that I had downloaded a while back before they got taken down from the Nexus site. I intended to use the mod back then, but never got around to it. I'd like to add that in, but the guide already makes changes to Serana.

How difficult would it be, and is there anywhere that would explain the process, to swap out the existing changes to Serana and use the "Tiny Serana" mod instead?

Similar to the recent question regarding skin textures for men, the general answer is that, if you want to use that mod you can... BUT. All NPC Textures and whatnot in this guide have a unified CR patch that is used, and it expects certain records to be there - and they won't with the differing mod. This mean that you would have to do any alterations to that patch or create one for yourself.

Sorry to pop up this again but I stopped merging until I get a definite answer.

Is it safe to use the normal file and  not merged file of Moonpath Music - Sky and Light fix ... since this appears to have some sort of looping music bug ?!

Thanks in advance.

This bug has, to my knowledge, been infrequently reported, and we have a fix posted for it in the Discord... I don't have that available to me at the moment. With that said, I think you'd be better off using the file listed and looking up the fix I just mentioned than trying to use a different file that may or may not work with our setup. I'd think, though, that if it were seen a bunch in our setup, we'd have done something about it by now.

Best place to check for that, at least for the next few weeks, is with the Devs and Moderators on Lexy's discord - as mentioned, she's a bit burned out on Skyrim, and will be taking several weeks off from guide updates. They will help out on that front, and can provide better recommendations that asking here, given most of them don't check this thread anymore. I think, actually, that myself and Lexy are pretty much the only ones that do... though Bern is generally a good source of info as well.

oh that one slip me by wasn't on my to do list looking at the changelog for it says: "Do not upgrade versions on a save where you have already visited Valtheim." which tell me it requires a new game.

thats okay for me :)

ive updated it and handeld it as usual in the guide mentioned.

It is no merge esp or "special" so it should be okay to update

Similar to the recent question regarding skin textures for men, the general answer is that, if you want to use that mod you can... BUT. All NPC Textures and whatnot in this guide have a unified CR patch that is used, and it expects certain records to be there - and they won't with the differing mod. This mean that you would have to do any alterations to that patch or create one for yourself.

I don't mind trying to tweak the patch myself, I can always keep the original setup on standby in case things go wrong and just go with the guide's mod. Is there anywhere I can look for directions on how this particular process would work? Like, would I be going into xEdit or the Creation Kit to do this? If it's xEdit, then I'm guessing that I just load the ESP and delete the records regarding Serana, then place the mods that I want to use in the load order separately. If that's the case, I don't know how I would find which records go to Serana specifically.