Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I was reading the nexus posts regarding Moonpath to Elsweyr Sky and Lightning fix patch and some players experienced a sort of music looping bug with the merged file. Is it safe to use the main file instead and then merge within the World Encounter Addon Patches Merged

I have a little doubt in the prerequisites with the Reshade theme, specifically in steps 5 and 7. Quoting the 5: "Download the Suggested Reshade preset found below and extract it to your game folder.", when I downloaded the set of shaders and the other 4 specific ones, they put me in a folder called "reshade-shaders" in the game folder. My question there is whether I should simply undo that folder and put its content out or do I have to do something else?

And in 7, when I'm going to choose what it says in 'BTS ReShade.ini', only ReShade.ini appears, besides not letting me change "DefaultPreset". I do not know if I have to give the button the amount to add manually by writing 'BTS ReShade.ini', or would I have to do something else?

(Sorry for my English a little rough, and thanks in advance).

I have a little doubt in the prerequisites with the Reshade theme, specifically in steps 5 and 7. Quoting the 5: "Download the Suggested Reshade preset found below and extract it to your game folder.", when I downloaded the set of shaders and the other 4 specific ones, they put me in a folder called "reshade-shaders" in the game folder. My question there is whether I should simply undo that folder and put its content out or do I have to do something else?

And in 7, when I'm going to choose what it says in 'BTS ReShade.ini', only ReShade.ini appears, besides not letting me change "DefaultPreset". I do not know if I have to give the button the amount to add manually by writing 'BTS ReShade.ini', or would I have to do something else?

(Sorry for my English a little rough, and thanks in advance).

"5: Download the Suggested Reshade preset found on the main guide and extract it to your game folder"

That's the part you missed, if I'm understanding you correctly. Don't mess with any of the files that you already have. Go to https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/25489/ and download the file, extracting it to the main Skyrim install folder. The only thing in that zip file is the BTS ReShade.ini that you're missing, so it should be pretty simple. 

Now for my own problem. I'm getting crashes in winterhold college. I went back and made sure I renamed the stunning statues of skyrim files correctly, and I did. I'm also not getting ctd's from any of the other statue locations, nor in any cities, and I only get the ctd around 10 feet from the college gates. Anyone know where I might start debugging this? Any common mistakes involving immersive college of winterhold or what have you? Thanks!

Hello all,

I'm hoping to get a little clarity. I started downloading everything I needed in my spare time back in May to do this guide. SKSE updated so I reacquired mods that needed updating, as I installed them, if it came up, i grabbed the new files. I installed this once, did the guide to completion and would get CTD right at main menu. I troubleshot a bit and came to the fact that nothing worked, so I scorched earthed the whole thing and redid it from scratch and took a much more methodical approach. This time round it worked. Until it didn't.

I resolved the issue with Aventus that USSEP was throwing that may have been the cause of my previous issue apparently, and was able to load in and create a character. I picked a path in alternate start, got to the point of going outside, and instant CTD. Thought maybe something might be bugged there, loaded again and picked the vanilla skyrim path of going to Helgen. Got through the cave and went outside, instant CTD.

Stupidly, I didn't do Stunning Statues of Skyrim correctly with creating and copying the snow_only files. I did do the testing of using coc to go to a couple statues, which did work, so I thought I was fine before fixing it. Now that I rectified that, I loaded in, and instant CTD before main menu fully loads. So I redid my LOD. CTD again before main menu. I decided to check BethINI and make sure I had everything correct, which I did have to adjust a couple values. I redid the entire finishing line again, still CTD just before main menu loads. I excluded all finishing line stuff beyond using LOOT and SSEEDit to sort masters, same deal. When I say it crashes before the main menu loads, the Dragon symbol will be spinning, and the loading circle in the lower right is working, but before text appears it CTD.

I'm at a loss here, I know I'm close and just missing something simple. Anyone have any ideas?

Hello all,

I'm hoping to get a little clarity. I started downloading everything I needed in my spare time back in May to do this guide. SKSE updated so I reacquired mods that needed updating, as I installed them, if it came up, i grabbed the new files. I installed this once, did the guide to completion and would get CTD right at main menu. I troubleshot a bit and came to the fact that nothing worked, so I scorched earthed the whole thing and redid it from scratch and took a much more methodical approach. This time round it worked. Until it didn't.

I resolved the issue with Aventus that USSEP was throwing that may have been the cause of my previous issue apparently, and was able to load in and create a character. I picked a path in alternate start, got to the point of going outside, and instant CTD. Thought maybe something might be bugged there, loaded again and picked the vanilla skyrim path of going to Helgen. Got through the cave and went outside, instant CTD.

Stupidly, I didn't do Stunning Statues of Skyrim correctly with creating and copying the snow_only files. I did do the testing of using coc to go to a couple statues, which did work, so I thought I was fine before fixing it. Now that I rectified that, I loaded in, and instant CTD before main menu fully loads. So I redid my LOD. CTD again before main menu. I decided to check BethINI and make sure I had everything correct, which I did have to adjust a couple values. I redid the entire finishing line again, still CTD just before main menu loads. I excluded all finishing line stuff beyond using LOOT and SSEEDit to sort masters, same deal. When I say it crashes before the main menu loads, the Dragon symbol will be spinning, and the loading circle in the lower right is working, but before text appears it CTD.

I'm at a loss here, I know I'm close and just missing something simple. Anyone have any ideas?

a crash at startup is usually 1 of 3 things either you have a missing Master or you still have a LE BSA that need extracting or you still have a old SKSE plugin (but MO2 will tell you that).

First off, amazing guide and hats off to Lexy and all the folks that have put in a massive amount of effort to create..

My first time thru the guide and at the Trees and Flora Merged section and hit my first bump. Followed the post merge information; found errors, deleted, redid. But I also saw Volrian's post #10903 that stated zedit isn't sorting the master ESM's incorrectly and the advice was to manually add Update.esm as a master to YAWTO - Aspens.esp. Checked it in sseedit and redid the merge using Clobber to see if that would also fix the errors in the merged esp. It did not so reading more of Volrian's post I went to mator's github to check known bugs and to see if the ESM order issue had been reported yet and I found bug #119

Bethesda plugins don't get added to load order unless user re-visits the plugins tab and makes a change #119

https://github.com/z-edit/zedit/issues/119

Per mator this is a known issue with the master ESM's sorted incorrectly when using the Clobber method that appears to have been fixed in the Clean method. There is a Clobber method workaround: User workaround: Toggle a plugin on the plugins tab on/off. which I have confirmed works (at least for me). Trees and Flora Merged no longer spews errors when using this workaround and the load order within zMerge is corrected in the log. If someone can verify this works, maybe this should be added.

Again thanks for the amazing effort and hope this helps..

First off, amazing guide and hats off to Lexy and all the folks that have put in a massive amount of effort to create..

My first time thru the guide and at the Trees and Flora Merged section and hit my first bump. Followed the post merge information; found errors, deleted, redid. But I also saw Volrian's post #10903 that stated zedit isn't sorting the master ESM's incorrectly and the advice was to manually add Update.esm as a master to YAWTO - Aspens.esp. Checked it in sseedit and redid the merge using Clobber to see if that would also fix the errors in the merged esp. It did not so reading more of Volrian's post I went to mator's github to check known bugs and to see if the ESM order issue had been reported yet and I found bug #119

Bethesda plugins don't get added to load order unless user re-visits the plugins tab and makes a change #119

Per mator this is a known issue with the master ESM's sorted incorrectly when using the Clobber method that appears to have been fixed in the Clean method. There is a Clobber method workaround: User workaround: Toggle a plugin on the plugins tab on/off. which I have confirmed works (at least for me). Trees and Flora Merged no longer spews errors when using this workaround and the load order within zMerge is corrected in the log. If someone can verify this works, maybe this should be added.

the tree merge is sometime known to bug out the solution is you delete it and rerun using the improved clean merge method instead. I have never had this problem myslef

Thank you for this info letgo_my_eggo: This has been an issue for awhile now; However Lexy has said with this merge to those with issues of errors, to just use the Clean method as shown on the merge page:

Post Merge Perform the following:

• Open xEdit and Check Trees and Flora Merged.esp for errors if it spews any out delete the merge a redo using the Clean - Merge down (improved) method
  • double check that the merge contains a Trees and Flora Merged.ini. If not, cut and Paste Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin SSE Version.ini and rename to Trees and Flora Merged.ini
  • Cut and paste the DynDOLOD Folder from Bent Pine II to ---- Trees and Flora Merged then Rename DynDOLOD_SSE_BentPinesesp.ini to DynDOLOD_SSE_Trees and Flora Mergedesp.in

Since people have been doing this(for this merge only), the problem has all but been resolved.......it good to know that there is another workaround, but if the clean method works, i don't think she will add in another instruction that might confuse people.Still thank you for bringing this to the forums attention......this is just my view...NOT NECESSARILY LEXY'S or her dev teams view

I'm still in the process of assembling everything right now, and wanted to ask about the NPC Overhauls. I'm fine with everything as-is except for one particular thing. I still have the "Tiny Serana" mod files that I had downloaded a while back before they got taken down from the Nexus site. I intended to use the mod back then, but never got around to it. I'd like to add that in, but the guide already makes changes to Serana.

How difficult would it be, and is there anywhere that would explain the process, to swap out the existing changes to Serana and use the "Tiny Serana" mod instead?

a crash at startup is usually 1 of 3 things either you have a missing Master or you still have a LE BSA that need extracting or you still have a old SKSE plugin (but MO2 will tell you that).

I'm aware of the usual things that cause crash at start like this, it just doesn't make sense to work, then not work. My problem is that it did start up fine, until I went outside. It was after I fixed Stunning Statues of Skyrim that caused it to crash before the main menu populates. I definitely don't have a missing master, my SKSE scripts don't show being an issue. Mod Organizer isn't throwing any errors at all. If I had a LE BSA that still needed extracting, wouldn't it have not worked from the start?

Pre-emptive thank you for the feedback you gave and any other future help. I'm still working through crumbs I find, but every new thing I've tried today has given the same results 

Sorry to pop up this again but I stopped merging until I get a definite answer.

Is it safe to use the normal file and  not merged file of Moonpath Music - Sky and Light fix ... since this appears to have some sort of looping music bug ?!

Thanks in advance.

When trying to build the Enhanced Lighting For ENB Merged patch I get this error:

Preparing merge... ============================================================
Unloading plugins
[ERROR] ----Enhanced Lighting For ENB Merged failed to build: TypeError: Cannot read property '2' of null at Object.fh.getFileBase (file:///C:/Users/noefa/Downloads/Skyrim%20SE%20MODDING/Tools/zEdit/resources/app.asar/app/app.js:129:55) at getMergeFileName (file:///C:/Users/noefa/Downloads/Skyrim%20SE%20MODDING/Tools/zEdit/resources/app.asar/app/app.js:9071:23) at prepareMergedPlugin (file:///C:/Users/noefa/Downloads/Skyrim%20SE%20MODDING/Tools/zEdit/resources/app.asar/app/app.js:9082:24) at tryPromise (file:///C:/Users/noefa/Downloads/Skyrim%20SE%20MODDING/Tools/zEdit/resources/app.asar/app/app.js:9108:13) at action.then (file:///C:/Users/noefa/Downloads/Skyrim%20SE%20MODDING/Tools/zEdit/resources/app.asar/app/app.js:9047:17) at processQueue (C:\Users\noefa\Downloads\Skyrim SE MODDING\Tools\zEdit\resources\app.asar\node_modules\angular\angular.js:15616:28) at C:\Users\noefa\Downloads\Skyrim SE MODDING\Tools\zEdit\resources\app.asar\node_modules\angular\angular.js:15632:27 at Scope.$eval (C:\Users\noefa\Downloads\Skyrim SE MODDING\Tools\zEdit\resources\app.asar\node_modules\angular\angular.js:16884:28) at Scope.$digest (C:\Users\noefa\Downloads\Skyrim SE MODDING\Tools\zEdit\resources\app.asar\node_modules\angular\angular.js:16700:31) at Scope.$apply (C:\Users\noefa\Downloads\Skyrim SE MODDING\Tools\zEdit\resources\app.asar\node_modules\angular\angular.js:16992:24)

I'm aware of the usual things that cause crash at start like this, it just doesn't make sense to work, then not work. My problem is that it did start up fine, until I went outside. It was after I fixed Stunning Statues of Skyrim that caused it to crash before the main menu populates. I definitely don't have a missing master, my SKSE scripts don't show being an issue. Mod Organizer isn't throwing any errors at all. If I had a LE BSA that still needed extracting, wouldn't it have not worked from the start?

Pre-emptive thank you for the feedback you gave and any other future help. I'm still working through crumbs I find, but every new thing I've tried today has given the same results 

Pleasenomore hi! Just a radom thought here......whilst in the start charactor cell, have you done your classic class yet and mcm menus?. There were reports awhile back of people trying to leave that cell BEFORE having created the classic class or mcm menus, leading to ctd. The thinking if i remeber correctly was to do those first, save, exit...then reload and then go into the world. May not be your specific case, but nothing to lose trying....hope you find your answer

I have a problem converting Extended UI. The first step seems to be all right, but when i proceed to the second with the SSEEdit, to check for errors, instead of leaving the message "All done!", puts me : "Done: Checking for Errors, Processes Records: 6, Errors found: 0, Elapse Time: 00:00. I tried to do a quick cleanup, but apparently its still the same. Does anyone know what should i do? (I have not touched the theme of masters records just in case). Take this opportunity to also ask if after everything goes well, i would have to point out the one-to-one dlcs next to the ExtendedUI.esp to clean them in the SSEEedit?