Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I used the provided creationkit_custom.ini and the CK crashes (freezes) on exit every time. So I went back to editing creationkit.ini directly and deleted creationkit_custom.ini and the CK exits normally without crashing.

Concur ctd on closing, move out custom ini and exit normal...perhaps place it elsewhere for safe keeping

Concur ctd on closing, move out custom ini and exit normal...perhaps place it elsewhere for safe keeping

If you remove 

[Audio]

bEnableAudio=0

from the CreationKitCustom.ini, does it still crash on exit?

edit:

Change to =1 and works: ps as shown on dirty weasels video

[Audio]

bEnableAudio=1

That would be the default setting, no use having that line.

Edited by cptmcsplody

yeah sorry guys i was being lazy with the CreationKitCustom.ini it actually the one from TechAngels guide I'll get a fixed one up

Just a question as the guide is reoriented to UNP instead of UNPB, CBP physics will work with unp ?

I can't see why not the difference between UNP and UNPB is UNPB has slightly bigger boobs.

DarkladyLexy, at the beginning of the Dirty Weasel's video you linked in the main Guide, reference is made to the 2 previous Episodes (9 and 10) of his Skyrim Special Edition Modding Guide as being a good basis for following along in Episode 11.  At about 9:30 in Episode 9: Converting Mods (Set-up and Tools), he describes how (and why) to make a CreationKitCustom.ini file: if Bethesda ever updates the Creation Kit, all changes made to the CreationKit.ini will be lost when the new file is installed.

I would like to suggest that you consider changing the Creation Kit instructions in the Prerequisites section of the Guide to include creating a CreationKitCustom.ini in the directory where the Creation Kit is installed that includes all of the currently suggested edits to the CreationKit.ini file.

I suggested the use of the CreationKitCustom.ini file, after watching DirtyWeasel's video Episode 9: Converting Mods (Set-up and Tools).

I have edited my CreationKit.ini file to remove all edits suggested in the Creation Kit section of the Prerequisites, and entered all of them in a CreationKitCustom.ini file.  The CreationKit started up without a hitch, loading all .ESMs and ESPs in my current Build (see my ModWat.ch).  After ELE_SSE.esp was selected as the active file and I clicked the 'OK' button, none of the annoying messages were displayed as the CK loaded all required files.

This is the CreationKitCustom.ini file I use.  I've had no problems using or exiting the CK.

[spoiler=CreationKitCustom.ini][MESSAGES]

bBlockMessageBoxes=1

[Grass]

bAllowCreateGrass=1

bAllowLoadGrass=0

[Audio]

bEnableAudio=1

[General]

bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

[Archive]

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices_en0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures1.bsa, Skyrim - Textures2.bsa, Skyrim - Textures3.bsa, Skyrim - Textures4.bsa, Skyrim - Textures5.bsa, Skyrim - Textures6.bsa, Skyrim - Textures7.bsa, Skyrim - Textures8.bsa, Skyrim - Patch.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

I added the entire modified "SResourceArchiveList2" line to the CreationKitCustom.ini file.  I also have both lines from the original CK instructions added to the [General] section.

Hey guys you can now download a sexy CreationKitCustom.ini extract to your Skyrim Special Edition main folder. If you have already done these edits it should be OK you don't need to reinstall the CK.

DarkladyLexy, your original Creation Kit instructions had modders place

1. 2 lines ("bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1"   and   "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1") at the top of the CreationKit.ini [General] section.  The new CreationKitCustom.ini file (Thank You! for that) only has 1 of those lines ("bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1") in it.  Is "bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1" no longer needed?
  2. ",Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa" after 'Skyrim - Patch.bsa' at the end of the line starting with "SResourceArchiveList2=".  Is this change no longer needed?  I have the entire, modified "SResourceArchiveList2=" line in my CreationKitCustom.ini file.

I posted my comments about the CreationKitCustom.ini file DarkladyLexy provided, but she hasn't seen/responded yet.

I used the provided creationkit_custom.ini and the CK crashes (freezes) on exit every time. So I went back to editing creationkit.ini directly and deleted creationkit_custom.ini and the CK exits normally without crashing.

If you remove 

[Audio]

bEnableAudio=0

from the CreationKitCustom.ini, does it still crash on exit?

Please try using my version of the CreationKitCustom.ini file.  I am able to open the CK, select a file as active, go through the setup process without any messages being displayed, and exit the CK without it crashing.

When nif optimizing is needed, to be sure of our actions after your discussion

We need to check if facegen data is present into meshes directory

if yes, first  pass of nif tool with just "head parts only" checked targeting the facegen directory ONLY

then a second pass with all three  options activated and head only desactivated on the  meshes directory (those modifed by the second pass won't be targeted then as already modified)

Is it the correct conclusion of the debate at this time ?

Thanks

Mandalay