Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

2 more Noob questions for the gurus:

• MXPF - Mator's xEdit Patching Framework - Instructions state to manually download and install into Edit scripts folder in SSEEdit.  Does this mean I should copy the entire contents of this archive into the Edit Scripts folder in SSEEdit? (Edit Scripts, ESPs, Documentation, license, README.md are the contents inside)  Essentially, this would be nesting the MXPF Edit Scripts folder within the SSEEDit Edit Scripts folder.  This seems odd to me and my gut feeling is that I should be extracting the scripts inside the MXPF Edit Scripts folder into the SSEEdit Scripts folder.  Thoughts?
  • Mators Smash - I just want to be clear I'm understanding this correctly.  When patching with Mator Smash, I am to add everything from Update.esm down to Bashed Patch, 0.esp to SMASH.ALL EXCEPT the .esp's listed below (Animals Merged.esp, Conflict Resolution.esp etc...) which are not being REMOVED from the patch but rather set to SMASH.FORCEALL

Sorry for asking so many noob questions today - I've just found some anomalies within my game, like odd NPC behavior (NPC's sitting on invisible chairs in the middle of the street), and I want to run through the guide a 3rd time and make sure I'm doing everything exactly right :)

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Abouy MXPF i just extracted the contents into SSEEdit main folder, not inside Edit Scripts.

About Smash Patch: yes, i did the same and worked well.

So an update on my Falkreath crashing issue: First I've determined it's not Falkreath itself that's the issue, it's the area outside of Falkreath on the side near where the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary is. I can get into Falkreath if I take the road from Helgen down to it, but can't enter or exit from the other side. Fast travel to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary (or anywhere near it) is a CTD also.

However, I've narrowed it down to "Lexy's LOTD SE - Conflict Resolution.esp" as the cause of the crash, which I find very odd, but it is 100% positive the cause (after much testing, rerunning merges, patchers, enabling/disabling mods lol). Re-installing does nothing, and I've made no changes to it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Shadriss, thank you so much for always being willing to help! But I've had success! In checking out the conflict resolution esp, there was an error:unable to resolve. It had to do with Skyrim Immersive Creatures and the placement of an object. I just copied the object to overwrite the error in the conflict resolution plugin, and voila, no more crashes in that area.

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but maybe it could be looked in to?

Thanks again!

Don't Push Me While I'm Talking - SSE Plugin Just perfection!

Shadriss, thank you so much for always being willing to help! But I've had success! In checking out the conflict resolution esp, there was an error:unable to resolve. It had to do with Skyrim Immersive Creatures and the placement of an object. I just copied the object to overwrite the error in the conflict resolution plugin, and voila, no more crashes in that area.

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but maybe it could be looked in to?

Thanks again!

It might be worth checking your conflict resolution for errors in SSEdit that report if there other such errors as well. Just to make sure there are no other such errors to cause CTDs.
Edited by InstantKor

Shadriss, thank you so much for always being willing to help!

Well, I have to do SOMETHING while I'm regenerating patches and rerunning LOD. :)

So, going back to something else I mentioned a few pages back - has anyone looked at the errors in the most recent version of the Black Sacrament Armor (as reported by Merge Plugins)? I have them ignored for the moment, because I honestly have no other idea what to do with them.

EDIT: More on those errors. They are error:unresolved in SSEEdit, and do not actually show as records, which is even weirder. I can't seem to locate the stupid things to see what's wrong with them. The error reports all show them as created objects, and all have the word satchel in them, so I think all that's missing is a few crafting recipes. Unless anyone else is seeing direct problems, I think they can be safely ignored.

Edited by Shadriss

That looks amazing but it says it's for version 1.4.2.  I'm not sure if it will still work for the latest version of SE.

Well, I have to do SOMETHING while I'm regenerating patches and rerunning LOD. :)

So, going back to something else I mentioned a few pages back - has anyone looked at the errors in the most recent version of the Black Sacrament Armor (as reported by Merge Plugins)? I have them ignored for the moment, because I honestly have no other idea what to do with them.

EDIT: More on those errors. They are error:unresolved in SSEEdit, and do not actually show as records, which is even weirder. I can't seem to locate the stupid things to see what's wrong with them. The error reports all show them as created objects, and all have the word satchel in them, so I think all that's missing is a few crafting recipes. Unless anyone else is seeing direct problems, I think they can be safely ignored.

Sorry, I've actually been updating everything except the weapon/armor mods.  The merge makes me worried that the form IDs will get messed up so I'm just leaving them as is for this game.  I'm not as worried about other merges, such as KYE or Keep it Clean.

So an update on my Falkreath crashing issue: First I've determined it's not Falkreath itself that's the issue, it's the area outside of Falkreath on the side near where the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary is. I can get into Falkreath if I take the road from Helgen down to it, but can't enter or exit from the other side. Fast travel to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary (or anywhere near it) is a CTD also.

However, I've narrowed it down to "Lexy's LOTD SE - Conflict Resolution.esp" as the cause of the crash, which I find very odd, but it is 100% positive the cause (after much testing, rerunning merges, patchers, enabling/disabling mods lol). Re-installing does nothing, and I've made no changes to it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I am not spotting any errors in the CR my end but can you tell me the formID so I am double check?

I apologize if I've missed something, but when I attempt to merge the Known Your Enemy patches, Merge Plugins reports errors in kye_srceo_patch.esp (something about a tint not being found. Merge Plugins does not appear to be able to correct the error (though it tries mightily to persuade me that it has done so, each new check shows the errors remain). I can't merge the plugins as a result. 

Is there a way for me to correct the errors manually in SSEEdit? Or am I missing something really obvious?

I apologize if I've missed something, but when I attempt to merge the Known Your Enemy patches, Merge Plugins reports errors in kye_srceo_patch.esp (something about a tint not being found. Merge Plugins does not appear to be able to correct the error (though it tries mightily to persuade me that it has done so, each new check shows the errors remain). I can't merge the plugins as a result. 

Is there a way for me to correct the errors manually in SSEEdit? Or am I missing something really obvious?

that is a recent development want you to need to do is open up kye_srceo_patch.esp in xedit and remove tint layer 51. It is cos SRECO added the Tint Layer by mistake and KYE authour has copied it across.

Thanks again!

Something else to think about with this issue in general, esp with the Guide's CR patch: it isn't always about what other things you have installed, but also what you DON'T have installed.

I was getting a consistent CTD on the road between the Dawnguard Pass and Riften. It turns out that it was the CR, and it was because I chose to not install Majestic Mountains, preferring to stay with Vivid Landscape textures instead. I was able to identify and fix the issue manually using xEdit and looking at the CR patch for errors.

I am not spotting any errors in the CR my end but can you tell me the formID so I am double check?

Hi Lexy,

The Form ID is: 00009CA4, then under "temporary" the entry for 00093FA "Placed Object", CampFire01 LandOff [sTAT:00035F4B] is where the error is shown. Hope this helps!

Hi Lexy,

The Form ID is: 00009CA4, then under "temporary" the entry for 00093FA "Placed Object", CampFire01 LandOff [sTAT:00035F4B] is where the error is shown. Hope this helps!

Ok, that ios conflict between SIC and Landscape Environment and Clutter merge Only thing I can think of is might have missed a mod that is in that merge cos there is no error with it my end.

The only mod i can think off that would effect a campfire would be Embers HD

Kryptopter Improved Shadowmarks has been posted. As well as Gamwich's new Rustic Atronachs (which I know has been mentioned, but I don't want it lost now that Lexy's back and 'at work').

Also, in the same vein as True Scholar, Tomes of Power adds mage skill for reading spell tomes, although I'm not sure it's other changes are something we would want.

Edited by Shadriss