Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

For the trees, have you made sure that you've kept the mods from the Trees and Flora merge active? Enhanced Landscapes Marsh Pines and Oaks Standalone both need to be checked and active even though they're also part of a merge. If those textures aren't active, you'll run into all kinds of trouble with trees and tree LOD.

I do have those active. The lod issues seems to affect all variants of trees in the game. Most have lods and look great but some don't. If I wanted to run dyndolod again is it as simple as deleting the output folder and generating a new one?

Edited by mcos123

AAARGH I am at the end of my rope with these damn audio mods! I thought I had solved the problem earlier but it was a false alarm. Any time I have Audio Overhaul, Immersive Sounds, or Lucidity active, in any combination or alone, I lose tons of sound effects; everything from footsteps to weapon impacts is gone, to the point where the game is unplayable. No matter which of the three mods is activated, I lose the same sound effects, which led me to believe that it wasn't any of those three mods specifically. Sure enough, I reinstalled them completely and it made no difference.

I made a fresh new profile with just SKSE for testing purposes, and the vanilla sounds work fine. But if even one of those three mods is active, the effects are gone. Okay, fine, unique sounds aren't the most important thing, so I'll just deactivate the offending mods:

Lucidity is only part of the Smash patch, so I can remove the mod and remake the patch no problem. But both Audio Overhaul and Immersive Sounds are required by a large number of the patches (e.g. Conflict Resolution), so removing them is not an option; to rid the missing masters error I think I would need to manually remove all of their records from each patch (?), and that will be a last resort as I don't think I have the skill necessary to do it properly.

I've run extensive testing with the full guide active as well as with the fresh profile. I've reinstalled Skyrim SE. I've even removed all files except the .esp's from Audio Overhaul and Immersive Sounds, hoping that without anything to overwrite the vanilla sounds they would work, and I could keep the .esp's as effective dummies to avoid a missing masters situation. All to no avail. It seems that if any .esp for an audio mod is active, even without any mod-added sound files, my game doesn't want to provide any sound effects and it makes zero sense to me.

Has anybody had any similar issues at all? I'm so close to finished but this whole situation seems to have no solution. I am utterly stumped.

----------------------

That's what I do. I just delete the old DynDOLOD Output "mod" and create a new one once it's run. If re-running DynDOLOD doesn't work, I would try re-running xLODGen and TexGen as well. Wouldn't hurt anything other than an hour of your free time.

I do have those active. The lod issues seems to affect all variants of trees in the game. Most have lods and look great but some don't. If I wanted to run dyndolod again is it as simple as deleting the output folder and generating a new one?

Edited by BurdenCarrier444

Yes (As BurdenCarrier said), but be sure you are INSIDE before you do the replacement. This should be fairly obvious, but you don't wanna be outside when you change the files that affects how the outside looks. So go to an interior setting, save, exit, turn off DynDOLOD, go back in, resave, then rerun DynDOLOD and replace as you talked about. It's the safest way to do it in a game in progress, as I understand it.

Yeah, I basically had to create a hybrid setting to fix this.

Final update on it: I was looking through the EVT nexus page under Docs and came across this image buried in the instructions which basically confirmed what I had to do. I changed the tree line outlined in black to make the Medium setting match what the High setting would have done and that seems to have fixed the issue. Other than that tree setting, I followed the LOTD SSE guide as normal for all other settings.

I don't remember this issue with any version of DynDOLOD before 2.43 but I just can't check it. I know I never had to mess with individual settings like this for objects to get my trees working before.

Is there any reason not to just run it at High and not worry about it? The Medium settings is used as a happy medium (so to speak) keeping in mind the 'average' system - if your system can handle High, why not use it instead of farting around in the configs of DynDOLOD?

Edited by Shadriss

Is there any reason not to just run it at High and not worry about it? The Medium settings is used as a happy medium (so to speak) keeping in mind the 'average' system - if your system can handle High, why not use it instead of farting around in the configs of DynDOLOD?

I'll probably try it, just to see the performance. I mainly did the hybrid thing just to see if it did actually fix the issue. The main reason I used Medium is because I want near 60fps as much as possible, which is what I get right now even outdoors. If I can still do high and have a good framerate then that's definitely what I'll do.

AAARGH I am at the end of my rope with these damn audio mods! I thought I had solved the problem earlier but it was a false alarm. Any time I have Audio Overhaul, Immersive Sounds, or Lucidity active, in any combination or alone, I lose tons of sound effects; everything from footsteps to weapon impacts is gone, to the point where the game is unplayable. No matter which of the three mods is activated, I lose the same sound effects, which led me to believe that it wasn't any of those three mods specifically. Sure enough, I reinstalled them completely and it made no difference.

I made a fresh new profile with just SKSE for testing purposes, and the vanilla sounds work fine. But if even one of those three mods is active, the effects are gone. Okay, fine, unique sounds aren't the most important thing, so I'll just deactivate the offending mods:

Lucidity is only part of the Smash patch, so I can remove the mod and remake the patch no problem. But both Audio Overhaul and Immersive Sounds are required by a large number of the patches (e.g. Conflict Resolution), so removing them is not an option; to rid the missing masters error I think I would need to manually remove all of their records from each patch (?), and that will be a last resort as I don't think I have the skill necessary to do it properly.

I've run extensive testing with the full guide active as well as with the fresh profile. I've reinstalled Skyrim SE. I've even removed all files except the .esp's from Audio Overhaul and Immersive Sounds, hoping that without anything to overwrite the vanilla sounds they would work, and I could keep the .esp's as effective dummies to avoid a missing masters situation. All to no avail. It seems that if any .esp for an audio mod is active, even without any mod-added sound files, my game doesn't want to provide any sound effects and it makes zero sense to me.

Has anybody had any similar issues at all? I'm so close to finished but this whole situation seems to have no solution. I am utterly stumped.

Have you tried playing the wav files from these mods in Media Player or similar to see if they work outside the game? The only reason I can think of that these sounds don't work in game that is either the audio driver or the audio codecs you have installed don't support these formats. I know these files are just plain old wav files, but wav is essentially just a container wrapper of sorts that supports a lot of different compression algorithms, bitrates, etc. I know the codecs bundled in Windows 7 are very limited but I have no idea what's bundled in Windows 10.

Thanks Greg! I checked, and the .wav files do play fine in an audio player. It turns out that if I swing an axe at a rock, once every 2-3 hits the proper impact sound will play, but not every time. Footsteps/jumping sounds never occur though. I never even thought about the drivers on the computer, so thanks for giving me another thing to screw around with! I might as well try some things.

Have you tried playing the wav files from these mods in Media Player or similar to see if they work outside the game? The only reason I can think of that these sounds don't work in game that is either the audio driver or the audio codecs you have installed don't support these formats. I know these files are just plain old wav files, but wav is essentially just a container wrapper of sorts that supports a lot of different compression algorithms, bitrates, etc. I know the codecs bundled in Windows 7 are very limited but I have no idea what's bundled in Windows 10.

he's not evil he is lovely means I don't have so much to do in Stepember. 

Fair enough. As it turns out, most of the things on the change list I'd already done, so there were only two merges and the LOD run to do. Gonna run it at high and see how my FPS fares. :)

I was going through the updated guide and I realized that xLODgen the Diffuse and Normal size setting is not adjustable per LOD it seems to be universal across all LOD settings.. Switching between LOD4 and LOD8 for example the size settings are persistant.. this might be something missed on the newest version of xLODGen? 

1. LOD4 quality 5; Diffuse 1024, Normals 512, Protect Borders - Screenshot 1
  2. LOD8 quality 10; Diffuse 512, Normals 256, Optimize Unseen On - Screenshot 2
  3. LOD16 quality 10; Diffuse 512, Normals 256, Optimize Unseen On - Screenhot 3
  4. LOD32 quality 15; Diffuse 512, Normals 256, Optimise Unseen 550 - Screenshot 4

I was going through the updated guide and I realized that xLODgen the Diffuse and Normal size setting is not adjustable per LOD it seems to be universal across all LOD settings.. Switching between LOD4 and LOD8 for example the size settings are persistant.. this might be something missed on the newest version of xLODGen? 

1. LOD4 quality 5; Diffuse 1024, Normals 512, Protect Borders - Screenshot 1
  2. LOD8 quality 10; Diffuse 512, Normals 256, Optimize Unseen On - Screenshot 2
  3. LOD16 quality 10; Diffuse 512, Normals 256, Optimize Unseen On - Screenhot 3
  4. LOD32 quality 15; Diffuse 512, Normals 256, Optimise Unseen 550 - Screenshot 4

Are you using the screenshots? It is a bit confusing the way it is laid out, I suspect you are looking at the default sizes which indeed don't change across lods. But the diffuse and normal resolutions definitely do.

Are you using the screenshots? It is a bit confusing the way it is laid out, I suspect you are looking at the default sizes which indeed don't change across lods. But the diffuse and normal resolutions definitely do.

Ok, I see how it works now, thanks. I never noticed this before and I never changed the values next to the Build diffuse and Build normal, which seem the instructions are indicating.. Defiantly need to clarify this a little bit on the guide.. missed it many times until today. I take it the default should be same as screenshots 128/128? is it irrelevant when setting it per LOD level? 

Edited by ChiefZigZag

Ok, I see how it works now, thanks. I never noticed this before and I never changed the values next to the Build diffuse and Build normal, which seem the instructions are indicating.. Defiantly need to clarify this a little bit on the guide.. missed it many times until today. I take it the default should be same as screenshots 128/128? is it irrelevant when setting it per LOD level? 

I just noticed Lexy was using 128/128 in the screenshots. Should be set to 512/256. I will add that to the directions on the guide, and have her update those screenshots to match.