Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hey Lexy please don´t rush yourself :D

Didn´t mean to be annoying, sorry ^^

no, its ok I know I am a bit behind on stuff it just a busy time of year for me. Things will be easier when the kids are back in school cos then I'll have a bit more free time during the day to test and deal with updates and things.

@nInJAZ015 - No worries on this - you just picked a heck of a time to start the guide. She's been out of town for the last two weeks or so, and the Dev team has been trying to keep up, but apparently all the modders decided these were the weeks to update all of their own works. Figures, right? In most cases, the updates aren't big deals... but there are a few of them that may be cause for concern. Honestly, because I'm pretty sure this next guide update will be fairly significant, you may want to hold off a few days or so for that new update.

@Lexy - You are a mom with kids during Summer Break. I'm pretty sure that entitles you to being behind on things. :)

Looking for a little advice. In testing my install, I've found a 100% CTD when trying to get to Falkreath, either by foot or fast travel. An interesting note, I tried making a new character and choosing the alternate start as a patron of Deadman's Drink tavern in Falkreath, which worked. I was able to load into Deadman's Drink fine, and I was able to exit the building into Falkreath, but CTD'd after taking two steps outside.

Any advice on where to start looking?

One other note, I don't seem to have this issue anywhere else on the map.

Have you tried your load order without DynDOLOD running? I'd try that first - there are occasions where the run reports it did good, but still ends up causing issues. If you can load into that area with the DynDOLOD files deactivated, I'd re-run the LOD portions of the Finishing Line as the next step.

Edited by Shadriss
  • +1 1

I'm having some weird issue with my tree LOD that I just can't figure out. I've double checked my install and re-ran DynDOLOD and SSELODGen even after reinstalling the Trees Flora and Grass section but the issue is still there. Is there something else outside that section I'm missing? I have the Indistinguishable Billboards so it's not that. I might just end up scrapping the entire thing and going with something simpler for my trees. Probably Skyrim 3D Trees or Forests of Dibella I guess.

https://imgur.com/a/OCOzBZd

As soon as i approach the red / orange trees they all just vanish. This is in The Rift, just outside of Ivarstead btw. I also get smaller tree LOD popping into the larger pines from SFO. I screwed up the install somehow but I just can't figure out where. I've done it multiple times now, checking installs and settings and everything looks correct.

Edited by zerohaste

You say you have just re-run DynDOLOD - have you also rerun all other LOD associated programs (xLOD, TexGen, etc), ensuring all required files are present and active?

The other thing I'd point out is that with number of mods active, LOD doesn't always match close up. I've seen it any number of times, and it doesn't seem to bother me as much as it does other people, so I'm not sure if this is normal or an actual problem. 

EDIT: Re-read, and you did rerun xLOD. The only other thing that comes to mind is if you have rebuilt the Landscape merge as well - not sure if it has a huge impact or not, but it's something to look at.

Edited by Shadriss

The error when doing the merge with the new "Know your enemy" for the patch Kye_SRCEO is :

Checking for errors in kye_srceo_patch.esp
  SSOApocConjureDremoraMageActor "Dremora Mage" [NPC_:0F0DF734]
    NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 51 not found in DremoraRace "Dremora" [RACE:000131F0]>
  SSOApocConjureDremoraAssassinActor "Dremora Assassin" [NPC_:0F0519A8]
    NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index -> <Tint layer index 51 not found in DremoraRace "Dremora" [RACE:000131F0]>

I ve tried it again to make sure...

The error when doing the merge with the new "Know your enemy" for the patch Kye_SRCEO is :

Checking for errors in kye_srceo_patch.esp

SSOApocConjureDremoraMageActor "Dremora Mage" [NPC_:0F0DF734]

NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index ->

SSOApocConjureDremoraAssassinActor "Dremora Assassin" [NPC_:0F0519A8]

NPC_ \ Tint Layers \ Layer \ TINI - Tint Index ->

I ve tried it again to make sure...

Let the mod author know. I really won't be able to a serious work on the guide until September, in fact, September the 5th cos that when my children start back at school. I know it is painful but I just don't have the required time to properly test and update stuff without being constantly pestered at the moment. I did say a few weeks ago I will be out of action for 6 weeks. We have 23 days of summer hols to go.

Quick question I've been curious about.  In the Oldrim guide, it was recommended to use windowed mode and OneTweak (unless my memory fails me which happens from time to time), but in this one it's recommended to use full screen mode even though SSE has built in borderless window mode.  Is there a special reason for this?  Does it run better in full screen?  Is it just personal preference?

Joe

I did say a few weeks ago I will be out of action for 6 weeks. We have 23 days of summer hols to go.

Ahh the joys of being a parent, the longggggggg school breaks, that teachers always tell us THEY NEVER have enough time off for, the cost of child care, the cost of holidays, the fights, the cries, the screams, the tittle tails of "MOM SHE DID THIS", and to think we chose to have kids....still there is light at the end of the tunnel with a tee shirt inscribed with "Been there, done that" the smirk  on the face, self satisfied glow of smuggness...........WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE IS GRAND KIDS TO COME, and you are going to do what to me!!!! Oh God why ME!!!!!!!!!.  P.S Lexy did Darth and the girls have a good birthday party on Saturday? Hope all was good and well

Edited by berndaroy

Quick question I've been curious about.  In the Oldrim guide, it was recommended to use windowed mode and OneTweak (unless my memory fails me which happens from time to time), but in this one it's recommended to use full screen mode even though SSE has built in borderless window mode.  Is there a special reason for this?  Does it run better in full screen?  Is it just personal preference?

Joe

On SSE I have found Full Screen works better then Borderless mode but your system may be different to mine.

Ahh the joys of being a parent, the longggggggg school breaks, that teachers always tell us THEY NEVER have enough time off for, the cost of child care, the cost of holidays, the fights, the cries, the screams, the tittle tails of "MOM SHE DID THIS", and to think we chose to have kids....still there is light at the end of the tunnel with a tee shirt inscribed with "Been there, done that" the smirk  on the face, self satisfied glow of smuggness...........WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE IS GRAND KIDS TO COME, and you are going to do what to me!!!! Oh God why ME!!!!!!!!!.  P.S Lexy did Darth and the girls have a good birthday party on Saturday? Hope all was good and well

Sooooo when are you taking the cameras out of my house? I'm getting tired of being spied on. :)

That said, my brother is a high school educator in Utah, and I will be myself once I finish college (Career The Second... I retired from the USN last year), and while those months off may seem like a real nice thing, keep in mind that (at least in Utah) they usually are back in school a few weeks before the kids, a few weeks after the kids, and get paid about crap. Just saying. :)

Edited by Shadriss

@nInJAZ015 - No worries on this - you just picked a heck of a time to start the guide. She's been out of town for the last two weeks or so, and the Dev team has been trying to keep up, but apparently all the modders decided these were the weeks to update all of their own works. Figures, right? In most cases, the updates aren't big deals... but there are a few of them that may be cause for concern. Honestly, because I'm pretty sure this next guide update will be fairly significant, you may want to hold off a few days or so for that new update.

@Lexy - You are a mom with kids during Summer Break. I'm pretty sure that entitles you to being behind on things. :)

Have you tried your load order without DynDOLOD running? I'd try that first - there are occasions where the run reports it did good, but still ends up causing issues. If you can load into that area with the DynDOLOD files deactivated, I'd re-run the LOD portions of the Finishing Line as the next step.

Well, I didn´t think about the holidays. (I usually work holidays, too) I take your word then and hold off for the week. I was wondering why so many mods were updated for 2 weeks now. Thanks for your advice and have a good day. You too Dev-Team!

May I request an added note for the Bash patch section?

It's mentioned to disable Hunterborn, which then disables mods dependent on it, then to reactivate Hunterborn and Scrimshaw Expanded after the patch has been built.  Can it also be added that Keep it Clean Merged needs to be reactivated if that mod was installed?  It gets disabled when deactivating Hunterborn, but doesn't get rolled into the bash patch, and therefor stays disabled and won't appear in game without being reactivated.

Joe

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately I still CTD with the DynDOLOD files deactivated. I'm at a complete loss.