Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Oh by the way, I might have misunderstood something relating to merges - could you clarify?

You say that if I had done the merge at the end of the Arthmoor's Village section, the cyclic error would not have appeared. Yet, when I merged now (at the end of the guide), I (as instructed) created a merge-specific MO profile and only activated the mods/plugins required for the merge (i.e., the plugins to be merged and any masters they wanted until there were no more exclamation marks in the plugin list). According to my understanding, the exact same mods and plugins would have been activated even if I had done the merge as soon as possible during the main guide, with the exact same LOOT rules, and thus I would have gotten the same cyclic error.

Is this correct? If not, could you clear up my misunderstanding?

Oh by the way, I might have misunderstood something relating to merges - could you clarify?

You say that if I had done the merge at the end of the Arthmoor's Village section, the cyclic error would not have appeared. Yet, when I merged now (at the end of the guide), I (as instructed) created a merge-specific MO profile and only activated the mods/plugins required for the merge (i.e., the plugins to be merged and any masters they wanted until there were no more exclamation marks in the plugin list). According to my understanding, the exact same mods and plugins would have been activated even if I had done the merge as soon as possible during the main guide, with the exact same LOOT rules, and thus I would have gotten the same cyclic error.

Is this correct? If not, could you clear up my misunderstanding?

what I tend to do is move esp around manually but I guess I really should add that esp to the arthmoor village group that way it will nip it in the butt. I add do it at the next update.

Thanks. Your guide says to sort with LOOT first and then manually move the to-be-merged ESPs to the bottom in the order specified by the guide. Are you saying it isn't really necessary to sort with LOOT first?

And one more problem from me: The guide instructs to rename LightngDuringStorm.esp to MintyLightningMod.esp. But that means that "Vivid Weathers SE - LightingDuringStorm Patch.esp" is missing a master (LightngDuringStorm.esp) and can't be loaded in Merge Plugins during the Weather Systems merge. What's the correct solution here? And why is the rename needed in the first place since it is merged anyway?

Edited by MiSP

And yet another question in addition to the above: Below the weather systems merge, the guide says:

Please note when using xEdit to check for errors this merge will spew out errors in the Shader Particle Geometry this is false positive and can be safely ignored.

Should users following your guide check merged plugins for errors in xEdit? Or was the above meant more as a helpful message to users who decide on their own to check for errors? I can't find any mention of such checking being required when following your guide.

been playing with LOTD for a bit, haven't had any issues yet, yet is a good word, loving it so far,

my personal preference is this animation mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77343
converted with HKX conversion https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2970

just thought I'd suggest it since I do love that mod and it seems to be stable

also do hope Racemenu gets released soon, and bodyslide for UUNP, since I made the rogue set and was a little sad when it didn't seem to have CBP physics, could also have been something I messed up during installation though

You will be to clean the Conflicts Resolutions I provide but I give direction on how to do that in the guide. I am actually thinking about getting rid of Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.

Regarding Immersive Citizens, I understand your reasoning, but this is the first time I've ever been able to play with it and I'd be really sad to see it go. So far the only conflict I've seen mentioned is Dawnstar and I'd honestly rather remove it and see if one of the other overhauls is compatible. (I've always used either JK or ETaC and loved both, but back then, neither were compatible. Not sure about now.) Having said that, I did read at least part of the Reddit thread, and I see the arguments against it.

As for the patches... I hate to ask this, but would it be possible for some of your patches for you to upload a zip file of the mods you include? I was able to make my own NPC Retexture Merge patch since it only contained a few mods and you listed the order, but I'm not sure what, if anything, you might have changed in those your version of the mods I merged. And I don't want to use Immersive Armors, which means I can't use LOTD Patches Merged or Lexy's LoTD SE Conflict Resolution without having to fix a ton of errors or making my own, and there are A LOT of mods in there and I don't know what you might have done to them either. I had cleaned the errors from Conflict Resolution Merged because I don't want to use Sofia or Mrissi, but didn't think about that and ended up overwriting my changes when you updated that one. It would be so much easier if merging a zip file of your versions would mean not having to fix errors every single time we update.

If there's some reason it would be a pain, I completely understand, but otherwise, if you could give us a zip maybe even just for those few, it would be so much easier when you did updates if we could just download the zips, remove the mods we aren't using, recreate the patch using the mods in the zip, which would include any tweaks you might have done, and then check THOSE for errors.

BTW I ported Racemenu using Dirty Weasel's video and Expired's recompiled dll's. It's "some assembly required" but kinda official (thought alpha) and works in all respects except for face sculpting. Preset saving and loading works - haven't tried with a downloaded preset.

I've been using Racemenu for a while now with no issues, except that I can't get body paints/textures to work. They don't seem to show up anywhere.

It's the unofficial Frostfall campfire patch. Just sell slower

Has anyone gotten it to quit showing the errors for Itemcard and Bottombar? I swear I wasn't having a problem with that before, or at least it was only happening once. Now it's happening pretty much every time I open any of the menus.

I am still on the fence with IH but at the moment I am of the mindset if it ain't broke don't fix.

May I ask why the switch? I admit I've never used IH, but I've used CH a lot (back in SLE, haven't managed to get far enough to need a horse yet now) and really love it.

Along the lines of "if it ain't broke," this isn't really my place to say, but I very meekly suggest that we quit adding and removing things and focusing on getting everything stable as-is. (Except for little things that don't affect half the mods in the game. I love the new bathing mod!) There's been more than once that I've started a game and played for hours with no problems, then did updates and suddenly started having problems again. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this guide and want to keep up with it, but I spend so much time upgrading and testing and changing things that I've had to start over with a completely new, clean game I don't know how many times and haven't even been able to get my girl out of Riverwood yet.

That said, I know this is driving you far crazier than it could ever be driving us, and I know you're doing everything you can to give us a stable game. Please don't take any of what I said as anything personal, I could never in a million years put something like this together. The frustration is just that it's awesome, and as of my last update a couple days ago, everything seems to be working. But I'm trying to keep up with the guide this time because last time I got too behind with the changelog, things got so out-of-sync when I was trying to update that I ended up basically having to start over.

But just to end, let me say again, THANK YOU for doing this. This guide is amazing and I'm so looking forward to finally playing a real game with it!

• +1 1

BTW, does anyone know which mod gives NPCs random magic powers? Given how the Nords feel about mages, it seems really strange to see half the Stormcloaks in Helgen using magic (not to mention it makes the fight through Helgen take FOREVER on Legendary mode) and having Faendal using a hunting bow that shoots magic arrows is just... weird.

I looked through the descriptions of a ton of mods, and narrowed it down to, well, way too many to test.

BTW, does anyone know which mod gives NPCs random magic powers? Given how the Nords feel about mages, it seems really strange to see half the Stormcloaks in Helgen using magic (not to mention it makes the fight through Helgen take FOREVER on Legendary mode) and having Faendal using a hunting bow that shoots magic arrows is just... weird.

I looked through the descriptions of a ton of mods, and narrowed it down to, well, way too many to test.

Stormcloaks in Helgen using magic, I've no idea.  But Faendal using magic arrows is from Special Edition Followers 101.

uncleseano, on 21 Jun 2018 - 5:48 PM, said:snapback.png

It's the unofficial Frostfall campfire patch. Just sell slower

Has anyone gotten it to quit showing the errors for Itemcard and Bottombar? I swear I wasn't having a problem with that before, or at least it was only happening once. Now it's happening pretty much every time I open any of the menus.

Just turn off version checking toggles in SkyUI

again love the modpack and I imagine this is something that requires a lot of knowledge and a lot of super annoying testing to put together, mad respect for the work you and everybody else does on this site

one thing I thought was a bit confusing for a potato like me, the way you described the cleaning of Obsidian Mountain Fogs, I realised it eventually that I needed to remove the 020012e5 but for a while I thought I only had to remove the <INV_SkyrimCloudDistant01_50> part inside of it

and I am having a slight issue, it's slightly annoying but nothing game breaking for me, some NPCs have black face and white body, not sure what would cause that as, from what I can tell, I followed the guide pretty well, I did add a few mods of my own, but nothing that modifies the bodies or body textures, if there is something obvious I missed I would appreciate someone pointing it out, otherwise I'm not too worried about it

here's my thing https://modwat.ch/u/NIKITAzed/plugins

P.S. didn't do the great equalizer, pre bash, smash, and LOD stuff yet as last time I did I was getting infinite loading screens even after disabling equalizer and everything after it (and re enabling the ESPs that went into pre smash)

Edited by NIKITAzed