Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I am actually thinking about getting rid of Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.

As much as I like ICAIO overall, I support you there.

Can you elaborate on this ? Is it causing some issues ?

I love ICAIO, even when it causes me to wander about trying to find some NPC until I get used to its new routine! But ICAIO does seem to weigh on the game. I think it really is an overhaul on its own and needs to be treated as such - meaning a good percentage of your build has to be patched for it. Most of my decisions on location mods have come to be made in order to maintain compatibility with ICAIO. In simple terms, I enjoy playing with ICAIO, I don't enjoy modding with it.

As much as I like ICAIO overall, I support you there.

I love ICAIO, even when it causes me to wander about trying to find some NPC until I get used to its new routine! But ICAIO does seem to weigh on the game. I think it really is an overhaul on its own and needs to be treated as such - meaning a good percentage of your build has to be patched for it. Most of my decisions on location mods have come to be made in order to maintain compatibility with ICAIO. In simple terms, I enjoy playing with ICAIO, I don't enjoy modding with it.

Sthaagg has an alternative mind we are going to try out. Plus is doesn't help the ICAIO author isn't the easiest of guys to work with.

Sthaagg has an alternative mind we are going to try out. Plus is doesn't help the ICAIO author isn't the easiest of guys to work with.

Curious and hopeful here! My own take on Darth's guide was to use Nazenn's work on JK's and DoS, the superlite versions. Made things interesting by adding stuff to look at and people to interact with (or just ignore) making you not pay attention to poor and repetitive npc behaviour. I topped that with Realistic Conversations (which is also available for SSE) which plays well with RDO and the result wasn't that boring.

Curious and hopeful here! My own take on Darth's guide was to use Nazenn's work on JK's and DoS, the superlite versions. Made things interesting by adding stuff to look at and people to interact with (or just ignore) making you not pay attention to poor and repetitive npc behaviour. I topped that with Realistic Conversations (which is also available for SSE) which plays well with RDO and the result wasn't that boring.

Sthaagg has suggested this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50978/?tab=description

I saw that mod earlier today and thought about whether the fact that it isn't ported to SSE yet would stop you from considering it ;) I'd love to see it ported to SSE. If I understand anything of its description, the CR work would mainly be done in the NPC overhaul department. Maybe requiring a lot of xEditing, but less obscure than dealing with hidden markers, navmesh edits and the lot in the CK... I wonder if simply running smash would correctly merge our npc records with those AI packages (not that I'd avoid properly resolving things the old fashioned way). I also note the mod's potential to be expanded/completed, its WIP status and the author's explicit permission "This is open source".

Edited by godescalcus

I saw that mod earlier today and thought about whether the fact that it isn't ported to SSE yet would stop you from considering it ;) I'd love to see it ported to SSE. If I understand anything of its description, the CR work would mainly be done in the NPC overhaul department. Maybe requiring a lot of xEditing, but less obscure than dealing with hidden markers, navmesh edits and the lot in the CK... I wonder if simply running smash would correctly merge our npc records with those AI packages (not that I'd avoid properly resolving things the old fashioned way). I also note the mod's potential to be expanded/completed, its WIP status and the author's explicit permission "This is open source".

well Sthaagg the one the suggested it so the ball is in his court I already passed him a ported and USSEP Version now up to him to work his magic.

There is a bit of work to be done on the NPC Retextures but I'll take care of that.

I didn't follow the guide completely (used it as a baseline), but I am wondering if someone knows why TMB vanilla armors crashes my game immediately. I followed the conversion steps and used the custom ESP. I did it three times just to make sure. I assume I am missing some type of dependency that's covered by another mod in the guide.

Any ideas?

Edited by tyrindor

I didn't follow the guide completely (used it as a baseline), but I am wondering if someone knows why TMB vanilla armors crashes my game immediately. I followed the conversion steps and used the custom ESP. I did it three times just to make sure. I assume I am missing some type of dependency that's covered by another mod in the guide.

Any ideas?

Could be missing skeleton (or eventually using the latest version, which is not used in the guide). Could be something else, hard to say, not knowing what the exact changes were.

Edited by godescalcus

Hey! New member here.

Just wanted to say great work on the guide Lexy. :) My only previous "in-depth" modding of Skyrim was Ultimate Skyrim with LE, and wanted to try something different with SE this time. Took me a few days but was great to learn many of the tools involved and follow along with the detailed and insightful guide.

I've been testing the build June 18 version, and in 20h~ I only really encountered 3 issues, 2 which I fixed:

1/ Rain coming down as white blocks. Was an issue with True Storms due to MO using a virtual installation on my HD while SSE was installed on my SSD. Just had to manually install the extracted BSA to overwrite the files manually and cleared up the issue.

2/ A single NPC was "broken". A guy with a torch who just stood there creepily with no name, wouldn't take damage, and his hand/torch would bug out when I got beside him. Not sure where this conflict/behavior came from but was able to just remove him via console commands.

3/ NPC textures on 2 NPCs had different face mesh/texture colors than their body. Likely an error on my side during installation and not sure how to fix but not a game breaker at all!

Have to say I'm impressed how stable it all runs too, as I've only CTD'd once and that was loading a save and then loaded successfully afterwards. Look forward to more updates and patching as I go along! 

10/10 great work. :)

With Rudy ENB, which version did you use? The ELE one or the ELFX one?

I used the ELFX one as it is the last installed of the two. It seems to be working fine. I tweaked some saturation as I usually find Vivid Weather ENBs have too much saturation (even the 'realistic' ones) but otherwise left it alone.

Hey new member here.

Thanks for your great work lexy and I'm having great time with it so far but after your last loot rule modification I have an error in loot that say "Cyclic interaction detected between "Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp" and "Darkwater Crossing.esp". I follow all your loot rule and I'm make sure that group order just like in the picture you post. Do I need BDS-NSUTR patch or not? oh and how I delete mod creator metadata? (that grey out in edit metadata) because in some plugins have one or two of those "pre made" rule.

Thanks and keep up the great work ;)

Here the full error log :

Failed to sort plugins. Details: Cyclic interaction detected between "Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp" and "Darkwater Crossing.esp". Back cycle: Darkwater Crossing.esp, RealisticWaterTwo.esp, Keep It Clean Merged.esp, Dawnstar.esp, Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp, Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp

Edited by Petr87

Hey new member here.

Thanks for your great work lexy and I'm having great time with it so far but after your last loot rule modification I have an error in loot that say "Cyclic interaction detected between "Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp" and "Darkwater Crossing.esp". I follow all your loot rule and I'm make sure that group order just like in the picture you post. Do I need BDS-NSUTR patch or not? oh and how I delete mod creator metadata? (that grey out in edit metadata) because in some plugins have one or two of those "pre made" rule.

Thanks and keep up the great work ;)

Here the full error log :

don't worry the much about Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp returns a Cyclic error it gets sorted Later on when you do the NSUTR Merge. But you could add to the Artmoor's Villages Group

You can't remove pre existing LOOT Rules

don't worry the much about Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp returns a Cyclic error it gets sorted Later on when you do the NSUTR Merge. But you could add to the Artmoor's Villages Group

You can't remove pre existing LOOT Rules

Oh ok, I didn't know that lol.

Ok, let see if I can "get pass" these cyclic error. It seems I forget to add RSC Keld-Nar Patch.esp into RSC merge too and now I have mess load order lol.

Thanks for your answer :)

Oh ok, I didn't know that lol.

Ok, let see if I can "get pass" these cyclic error. It seems I forget to add RSC Keld-Nar Patch.esp into RSC merge too and now I have mess load order lol.

Thanks for your answer :)

if by the time you hit the conflict resolution and done all the Merges and you're still getting cyclic errors then something is funky.

If you have all the patches to do the NSUTR merge you might as well do it now.