Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Okay I got past the problem and I'm now at FNIS but I can't get the FNIS to export to the output folder? I tried leaving the File redirection and I've tried removing it and replacing it all with the path but it doesn't produce it in either case.

I've never set up an output folder for it. I have a mod at the very bottom of my load order called FNIS Output. When I run FNIS, it puts the output in overwrite and I just drag it into the mod. (Not sure if another procedure is described somewhere here, but that's the way I've always done it since doing STEP on SLE.)

Okay I got past the problem and I'm now at FNIS but I can't get the FNIS to export to the output folder? I tried leaving the File redirection and I've tried removing it and replacing it all with the path but it doesn't produce it in either case.

FNIS should still add it's ouput files to the Overwrite folder of MO just create a mod from there or add them to the FNIS Ouputif you created one.

FNIS should still add it's ouput files to the Overwrite folder of MO just create a mod from there or add them to the FNIS Ouputif you created one.

Okay, so what about the next steps? It tells me not to merge with Wrye Bash but instead with Mator Smash? But Mator Smash no longer merges. In fact, the Wrye Bash section I am not really sure how to do that, do I click build patch or cancel? Because if I cancel, my mods don't end up unticked

Edited by Drbigt

Yes but I'm not sure about instructions, it just says "click ok" but not what after that, do I build the patch?

For what? Wrye Bash? The Pre-Smash patch? Exactly what step are you getting stuck on?

If you literally just follow the instructions and do exactly what it says it will work fine. The various steps that just say "click ok" are because a dialogue box will have popped up and you need to keep the default settings i.e. don't mess with it, just press ok. For example, when you first load up SMASH, you have to "just press ok" in the initial mod selection dialogue otherwise you would end up with the wrong mods (ones you have disabled) selected.

For Wrye it's:

Load WB

Right click the Bashed Patch and select "Rebuild Patch"

A box pops up saying it will deactivate stuff, press OK here - this is the bit that deactivates mods

Press Cancel in the last box, do not "Build Patch", there is no need as we don't use it and the relevant mods were deactivated in the previous step. As the guide says, "Now you can exit Wrye Bash"

Edited by Kal

For what? Wrye Bash? The Pre-Smash patch? Exactly what step are you getting stuck on?

If you literally just follow the instructions and do exactly what it says it will work fine. The various steps that just say "click ok" are because a dialogue box will have popped up and you need to keep the default settings i.e. don't mess with it, just press ok. For example, when you first load up SMASH, you have to "just press ok" in the initial mod selection dialogue otherwise you would end up with the wrong mods (ones you have disabled) selected.

For Wrye it's:

Load WB

Right click the Bashed Patch and select "Rebuild Patch"

A box pops up saying it will deactivate stuff, press OK here - this is the bit that deactivates mods

Press Cancel in the last box, do not "Build Patch", there is no need as we don't use it and the relevant mods were deactivated in the previous step. As the guide says, "Now you can exit Wrye Bash"

But if I cancelt out no changes will be done, I tried doing that and Wrye Bash didn't disable the mods.

But if I cancelt out no changes will be done, I tried doing that and Wrye Bash didn't disable the mods.

Sorry man, I'm not sure what's going on with your setup, but that isn't how it works. The esp's are disabled in the milliseconds before the "build patch" screen even displays, as soon as you press ok on the previous screen.

If you're sure the esp's aren't being disabled then something else is going on with your setup. Have you messed with any of the "lock load order" settings anywhere?

Edited by Kal

Sorry man, I'm not sure what's going on with your setup, but that isn't how it works. The esp's are disabled in the milliseconds before the "build patch" screen even displays, as soon as you press ok on the previous screen.

If you're sure the esp's aren't being disabled then something else is going on with your setup. Have you messed with any of the "lock load order" settings anywhere?

I'm sure that they're not disabled. I mean they are on the Bash but as soon as I exit, this doesn't carry over to MO.

I'm sure that they're not disabled. I mean they are on the Bash but as soon as I exit, this doesn't carry over to MO.

If they show as disabled in Bash then they are disabled. If when you quit bash then are then showing as enabled in MO either:

1) MO hasn't refreshed it's display - try quitting MO and restarting to see if this is the case

2) Something is re-enabling them - I have no idea what this could be.

For what it's worth I want to reassure you that you absolutely don't need to build the patch in WB, pressing Cancel doesn't "undo" or "fail to apply" the changes that have already been made. The .esps are disabled in your live load order at the moment you press ok in the "mods to merge/disable" dialogue, you could alt-F4 out of Wrye Bash at that point and they would still be disabled.

Edited by Kal

The thing is, it also creates the bashed patch to overwrite instead of the the data folder like the guide suggests.

Any file created by a tool launched from within MO2 will go into overwrite unless the same file already exists in an enabled mod folder. This is normal.

(I'm not sure why the guide mentions the Skyrim SE Data folder there - it should say the overwrite folder, so that could be a typo/brainfart, unless I've missed something - @DarkLadyLexy?)

For what it's worth, I actually create a mod folder for the Bashed Patch and put it in there. That way I can just enable/disable it whenever I need to mess with Wrye Bash, instead of having to go delete it each time.

Edited by Kal

Ok Guys Hopefully I am there LOOT Rules Updated

Any file created by a tool launched from within MO2 will go into overwrite unless the same file already exists in an enabled mod folder. This is normal.

(I'm not sure why the guide mentions the Skyrim SE Data folder there - it should say the overwrite folder, so that could be a typo/brainfart, unless I've missed something - @DarkLadyLexy?)

For what it's worth, I actually create a mod folder for the Bashed Patch and put it in there. That way I can just enable/disable it whenever I need to mess with Wrye Bash, instead of having to go delete it each time.

Cos mine always ends up in the Skyrim SE Data folder ^_^