Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

going to have to introduce the new version of LOOT soon. just need to describe how to create the mod groups I want.

this is hat we will end up with:

https://imgur.com/5AaYfC1 plus a few new Load after rules to make sure esps in those groups load where I want them too.

Lexy, will there be a way in the new Loot to force a plugin into a specific position? I pack my texture replacers in bsa and use a dummy plugin to load them, it's nice to be able to force the base replacers plugin to sort at the very top; sorting after is covered, but sorting BEFORE isn't, although it would make things easier. At the moment I use global priority -125 to force my base textures to load first, so how would achieve the same with the new loot?

Lexy, will there be a way in the new Loot to force a plugin into a specific position? I pack my texture replacers in bsa and use a dummy plugin to load them, it's nice to be able to force the base replacers plugin to sort at the very top; sorting after is covered, but sorting BEFORE isn't, although it would make things easier. At the moment I use global priority -125 to force my base textures to load first, so how would achieve the same with the new loot?

create a New Group and possibly even load after rules Basically the mod groups are same as global rules I was confused at first but I got there. If I can get there so you guys:

example: scarcity has it own group and cos they are part of the Scarcity group they will load after any mods we add to the CR Group and the CR Group will load after any mod added to the NPC Retexture group and on and so forth.

So for your example what i would do is add a new group and make sure it loads after the Unofficial patch group but before the hair replacer group.

I have a sexy GIF on Discord channel show how to create the new groups I will be using. I will add this GIF to the guide when i come to update LOOT which will probably be sometime new week

You can either use an early group such as DLC or USSEP(esp can't sort before esm with only groups) or create a new group and make sure its before default and after dlcgroup. https://i.imgur.com/wXlbSAl.png

Edited by cptmcsplody

hmm...weird. Finally I manage to sort out why my game keep crash when I near to riverwood. 

First, I download and install wrong file of the Enhanced Landscapes - Oaks Standalone.

So after that, I reinstall it, re-run merge plugins again to create Trees and Flora Merged.esp (I actually redownload and reinstall all the 6 mods that are in the merge)

Then, I still face the same problem and CTD at the exact same location (from the starting stones to riverwood, before the 2 wolves), or whenever I fast travel to Riverwood

Then I tried to disable the Trees and Flora Merged, instead i activate back all the 6 mods (by placing back their esp to respective folder), no more crash at the same spot

What had I do wrong? 

Hey all, I seem to be having an issue that is restricted to Riverwood.  No matter which way I approach Riverwood, as I get close, I CTD.  I've started off in Helgen, and as I get close to Riverwood, it happens.  I've started in Whiterun, and same thing as I approach Riverwood.  Any idea of what might be causing this?  Thanks so much!

Getting same riverwood crash issue - but I suspect that for me it is because I also added JK's Riverwood and T'Skyrim - its not going to be fun removiing the mods to test and fix but that is my punishment for veering away from guide as a noob... If one does know how to get it working with these and not having it crash I would love the assist. I am extremely reluctant to drop them from my load order completely.. 

If there is blackhead issues - just confirming it is because load order needs to be corrected yes? 

Brynjolf is sadly affected by this and unsure how he is affected.. 

And also, some of my trees are horrible 2d cardboard monstrosities.. defs not going to be a pleasant day puzzling and correcting these issues 

Lastly, I know it was previously mentioned - didnt see any comment on a fix about the Guild master start for LotD with all the invisible walls. Just confirming as well the test facility for the CLARALUX is where I can make indoors brighter Yes?

Re:  The Riverwood Approach CTD-o-Rama

Using a binary search approach (disable half, test*, if pass re-enable half of those disabled, if fail, disable half again, etc.), I isolated the Trees and Flora Merged patch to be the issue as well.  For anyone else following the guide (on autopilot...), if you read the merge guide literally, your merge will only combine the .esp files, not the textures and meshes.  Unlike most of the merges, you're not merging all the files because you've pulled the plugins out by themselves into a new folder (and decided to disable the mods too, I guess?).  If you're here, make sure to leave the base mods enabled when you disable (or hide) your Trees and Flora esps!  It's an easy mistake to make if you're newer to modding (or tired AF).  Re-enabling the six mods in the left pane containing just the meshes and textures, then regenerating TexGen and DynDOLOD output fixed the approach to Riverwood crash for me, at least.  You'd think after years of modding Bethesda games, one year away and a new game version wouldn't throw me so badly... I can blame exhaustion, right?  Anyway, I hope this never helps anyone because everyone else does this intelligently, but if you're like me, and you're searching here for how to fix your crash near Riverwood, please do give it a shot, and may The Nine bless you.

Lexy, et al.:  Maybe an idiot check, along the lines of "<You're only merging>/<Don't just merge> the esp files, ya dungus!  Keep those textures/meshes enabled!"

*For newer folks, the process goes:

1. Make a new profile with only the mods you want loaded enabled in the left pane (disable all mods that need unchecked masters too, they smell funny anyway)
  2. Load the game to the main menu
  3. Hit ~ for the console
  4. Type coc riverwood01 and hit Enter.

At least until you're testing something else...

Get constant CTD when reaching windhelm / windhelm stables. And I have no idea how to identify the missing meshes (my biggest culprit maybe) or is there something else causing it.

Any idea where can I start troubleshooting this?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Ok, guys, I have added an idiot check to the Trees and Flora merged hopefully that will be enough to remind you to keep the original Assets active.

Oh, you're just the best.   ::):

Big thanks for the guide, too.  When last I was modding, Mator was just beginning to make waves, and the whole Mod Picker debacle was just beginning - come to think of it that was over a year ago, right?  Anyway, you and yours got me up to speed on the changes since then and on what's available for SE, and I'm quite grateful!

Speaking of which, I'd love to wait for Chesko (RIP his Patreon, and Nine bless him forever), but I think I'm heading toward script extraction and repackaging Frostfall, Campfire, and Wearable Lanterns as per a couple sets of instructions anyone brave can find via Google.  I'm giving my dad his first gaming computer for Father's Day with Skyrim pre-installed and modded to the hilt, and I'd hate for him to miss the glory of Chesko's mods.  Wish me luck!  Whether or not I succeed, I will still have this guide's LO, which is a most worthy spiritual successor to Neovalen's SR:LE, and will make for a great introduction to the world of gaming for my dear old dad.  Thanks again!

Get constant CTD when reaching windhelm / windhelm stables. And I have no idea how to identify the missing meshes (my biggest culprit maybe) or is there something else causing it.

Any idea where can I start troubleshooting this?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

You can see my instructions in the post above yours for a starting point.  If you suspect it's a mod, you can identify which one it is that way.  It's time-consuming, tedious, and will have your eyes bleeding by the end of it, but if it's a mod's assets causing the issue, you're guaranteed to find it (in O(log(n)) time, no less!).  Here is a list of Windhelm cells to try.  I like to export my mod list from MO to .csv and keep a spreadsheet with each test's enabled/disabled mods as its own column; you organize your search however you like.

You can see my instructions in the post above yours for a starting point.  If you suspect it's a mod, you can identify which one it is that way.  It's time-consuming, tedious, and will have your eyes bleeding by the end of it, but if it's a mod's assets causing the issue, you're guaranteed to find it (in O(log(n)) time, no less!).  Here is a list of Windhelm cells to try.  I like to export my mod list from MO to .csv and keep a spreadsheet with each test's enabled/disabled mods as its own column; you organize your search however you like.

We helped him fixed it over on the Discord Channel. His problelm was LeanWolf's Better-Shaped Talos Statue with Greatsword SE named some things wrong easy enough to fix.