Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Another question as I'm going through the prereqs. (Wow, I just assumed a lot here.) When the Creation Kit unzipped its files, I ended up with Data/Source/Scripts/ and Data/DialogueViews/. I remember thinking at the time that the first looked wrong, but I figured that would be mentioned if it was. But I just got to the SKSE Scripts part, and it has Scripts/Source in the file tree. Do I need to reverse the directory names that the Creation Kit gave me to Data/Scripts/Source/? (At least I assume it was the Creation Kit. Whatever left the Scripts.zip in the Data directory.)

There's nothing in this Source directory but the Scripts folder actually, maybe just move it up and get rid of that Source directory? Or is it supposed to be this way?

Edit: (Trying to stop spamming with so many posts), I've been running this windowed, borderless instead of as instructed by the guide. Are there any real problems with that? I often alt-tab out of the game and I find that not running it in a borderless window can cause problems. (I seem to remember there was a mod dealing with this for SLE. Double cursors or something?)

I have them both.  Bethesda packaged the folder wrong in the CK.  So I just let it use its own folder.  I use Scripts/Source for everything else.  No issues that I have noticed.  But yes you can change the folders if you prefer that.

~EDIT~  If I remember correctly if you change the folder names from the CK you also have to go into the CK ini file and change them there too.

Edited by Kneph13

Idiot check suggestion:

When editing the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini, I'd mention to be sure to do it within MO2 using the button dropdown, on the LotD profile.

Also, "Due to the heavily modded nature of this guide it is advised to have auto saves turned off." I have all of the given settings, but at least before still autosaved every 15m. Is that intentional? (It's never caused problems a for me, it's actually saved me a couple of times, but that makes it sound best to turn autosaves completely off.)

Also, a suggestion for skyrim.ini:

[Camera]

fMouseWheelZoomSpeed=0.1000

fMouseWheelZoomIncrement=0.0001

Obviously depends on taste, but I like much more control over my zooming.

I have them both.  Bethesda packaged the folder wrong in the CK.  So I just let it use its own folder.  I use Scripts/Source for everything else.  No issues that I have noticed.  But yes you can change the folders if you prefer that.

I'm fine to leave it if the Creation Kit doesn't get upset. I've spent all the time since I upgraded my computer modding SSE, not even REALLY playing yet. I'm nowhere near the point of wanting to remind myself how to make mods to see how the CK behaves.

Edited by OCDCoder

...So I've been doing a whole bunch of fiddling and testing, trying to nail down my install + LO, and I'm getting a really weird bug that I wasn't getting before.

To be clear my loadout is highly similar to but not the same as the guide, and I'm aware that because of that specific help may be difficult to come by.  I just know people here are tweaking, testing, and fairly knowledgeable... I've also done a bunch of searching on google and testing in my LO (removing any culprits I suspected one at a time) and haven't come up with anything so far.  So I'm just throwing this out there to see if it's familiar to anyone.

In the alternate start cell I am getting these strange issues in first person - hand meshes appear translucent/transparent, a distorted black...mesh? object? partially obscures my vision... this all shifts and changes as I look around, sometimes the black object obscures more / less of my vision, sometimes the hand meshes are there but black, etc.

I believe these issues began occuring either after installing RaceMenu (converted as per Dirty Weasel Media video - though I didn't run the meshes through NifOpt) or after UN-installing Joy of Perspective.  Regardless, the issue persists despite having disabled RaceMenu, JOP, XPMSE, all animation mods and FNIS, and on a new save game.  Struggling to think of what else could be affecting this.

It all seems to go away once I've left the Alt Start cell, though I haven't done thorough testing there and I know I did have some issues where it persisted then... any ideas?  I'm going to continue to uninstall mods and see if I can come up with a culprit, I'm just hoping someone here might have some insight.

hey, guys, the guide has been updated so check the changelog.

Also for those of you not on Discord and Unaware I have Finally put together an "Offical Dev Team" these are users I know and trust will help me out the team consists of :

Nozzer - He been helping me out since SRLE Extended LOTD days and he still maintains that and the only other user that has access to the Nexus Page.

Sthaagg - He Creates Patches for me.

Tzefira - She is General helper of user Issues.

JD - He also helped on SRLE Extended LOTD but he is one of the original Pack Author of SRLE LOTD Reqtified

Diana TES GotH - another veteran of SRLE LOTD Reqtified but she is also the pack author of Morroblivion Overhaul.

• +1 1

Ok Skyrim has just broken for no reason when i started up to do some testing and now I get a message that said something ENB Blah blah blah Enable Video shader cace i check and the shader cace is on so is disable enb and i get the same message and a black screen.

Edit: this is intended behaviour by Boris

Ok Skyrim has just broken for no reason when i started up to do some testing and now I get a message that said something ENB Blah blah blah Enable Video shader cace i check and the shader cace is on so is disable enb and i get the same message and a black screen.

Edit: this is intended behaviour by Boris

I've been getting that same message, but I just ignored it and continued on.  I also have disabled enb while ingame and reenabled it several times and suffered no ill effects *shrug*

I've been getting that same message, but I just ignored it and continued on.  I also have disabled enb while ingame and reenabled it several times and suffered no ill effects *shrug*

it just the first time I spotted it and it threw me but the message is intended by Boris.

yes I know I am sure it will come to SSE but if it does it will mean patches will need updating and the CR's

This is what Art said about an SE version.

Not until I've actually finished doing villages for SSE. This is a big task and not worth trying to run it as an ongoing thing to add new stuff to.

its been a few days im not having any game breaking bugs, just some annoying minor ones.

1) a lot of trees South west of windhelm have textures but trees near and northeast of windhelm have missing textures.
    a) i did follow the idiot check for Skyrim flora overhaul and the only thing it did was swap the situation. (ie. textures near and northeast of windhelm have textures and trees south west do not.)

2) food that is unrecognized by ineed become renamed after u manually identify them. these are the ones i have found so far.

a) spider steaks renamed to bread.

b) grilled glowing mushroom renamed to apple

c) steamed Clams renamed to human flesh.

Edit: 2c resolved itself.

Edited by BlackJackal

I knew there was a reason my character never ate those. o.O (Really funny is that I can eat my body weight in sushi and have never had problems. The ONE time I got food poisoning was fried clams. Or... fried human flesh?)

Someone remind me which mod is adding new creatures like the rhino and such. It's not compatible with Hunterborn (even using taxonomy) and I want to make sure I didn't miss a patch.

its been a few days im not having any game breaking bugs, just some annoying minor ones.

1) a lot of trees South west of windhelm have textures but trees near and northeast of windhelm have missing textures.

a) i did follow the idiot check for Skyrim flora overhaul and the only thing it did was swap the situation. (ie. textures near and northeast of windhelm have textures and trees south west do not.)

2) food that is unrecognized by ineed become renamed after u manually identify them. these are the ones i have found so far.

a) spider steaks renamed to bread.

b) grilled glowing mushroom renamed to apple

Edit: 2c resolved itself.

Edit 2: just as i post this i find out brawls arent starting. both the ones given by the companions and the ones that have you betting 100 gold just keep taking 100 gold from you and not starting.

Edited by BlackJackal