Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Just to save you a bit of time if you come across something like this again, the bars at the top of the left hand pane in xEdit are search bars - if you put 0509355F into the FormID bar, it will take you straight to the relevant record.

Yup, it is still present in the v1.5.1, entering 0509355F in the search bar & pressing enter takes you right to it so you can delete just like Lexy said.  

(I overthought the process and tried to change the first 2 FormID characters to match my RW2 load order and missed it. Following the original instructions made it an easy fix, thanks Lexy, Kal and everyone else here who keep teaching me things :cool: I'm keeping my reading glasses handy)

Edited by redirishlord

OCDCoder hi! If you are going to reinstall SE from the start you may what to consider this......Apologies from the start Lexy, but this was brought up on LE guide in regards to MO2(people wanting to swap from MO). On the prereq. page as per Dirty Weasels video, MO2 is installed in the Skyrim/common folder.....but the instruction from the MO2 team is to install MO2 outside of the steam folder altogether, as problems have been reported if installed in the steam folder(i.e steam/steamapps/skyrim/common) with the virtual filing system....Quote form MO2 sticky post "MO2 should not be installed in the game folder as it can cause issues with the vfs(Virtual File System)". I know this was brought up at the beginning of this guide, and I'm a bit behind the ball on the outcome decided here, in regards to this issue...Hence apologies as stated at the beginning Lexy if this info is outdated. If my info/understanding is wrong will be good to know to adapt my install, if not then the prereq. page may need updating. Just thought i would bring it up, whilst you are still on the prereq. page

Edited by berndaroy

OCDCoder hi! If you are going to reinstall SE from the start you may what to consider this......Apologies from the start Lexy, but this was brought up on LE guide in regards to MO2(people wanting to swap from MO). On the prereq. page as per Dirty Weasels video, MO2 is installed in the Skyrim/common folder.....but the instruction from the MO2 team is to install MO2 outside of the steam folder altogether, as problems have been reported if installed in the steam folder(i.e steam/steamapps/skyrim/common) with the virtual filing system....Quote form MO2 sticky post "MO2 should not be installed in the game folder as it can cause issues with the vfs(Virtual File System)". I know this was brought up at the beginning of this guide, and I'm a bit behind the ball on the outcome decided here, in regards to this issue...Hence apologies as stated at the beginning Lexy if this info is outdated. If my info/understanding is wrong will be good to know to adapt my install, if not then the prereq. page may need updating. Just thought i would bring it up, whilst you are still on the prereq. page

Thanks for the tip, but can you elaborate on what specific problems are expected? I've had MO2 installed within my E:steam/steamapps/common/Mod Organizer 2 & E:Mod Organizer 2 directories and haven't experienced any issues as far as I have seen. Gameplay & Utilities launched via MO2 seem unaffected. I'm not trying to argue in favor of either, just curious what issues to look for.

Edited by redirishlord

Thanks for the tip, but can you elaborate on what specific problems are expected? I've had MO2 installed within my E:steam/steamapps/skyrim/common & E: directories and haven't experienced any issues as far as I have seen. Gameplay & Utilities launched via MO2 seem unaffected. I'm not trying to argue in favor of either, just curious what issues to look for.

As long as you don't actually install it in the SKYRIM directory you are fine.

BUT, I don't have it in the steam directory either.

redirishlord hi! As stated I'm behind on the debated issue, when this was first brought up here around January/Febuary time. Due to life issues and wanting to finish LE completely first, i had installed this guide as far as running bash etc, and as per this guide. But this was brought up on the LE guide and i said to install as on Lexy's prereq. page, but this was questioned, and looking at the MO2 page i found that there sticky post states to place the MO2 outside of the game folder, and as i understand that means the steam folder, not skyrim special edition folder within steam. If my understanding is wrong it would be good to know so that i may adjust my install. In terms of problems it's to do with the way MO2 uses the virtual filing system...apart from CCleaner and it's advanced feature "windows events log" being unticked, reports to the MO2 team have suggested that if MO2 is installed in the games folder, it can mess with the virtual filing system that MO2 uses. As said, if I'm wrong in my understand i would appreciate any correction, and mentioned it for OCDCoder to consider whilst she may be reinstalling every thing, and not have to adjust later if this comes up again later

Edited by berndaroy

redirishlord hi! As stated I'm behind on the debated issue, when this was first brought up here around January/Febuary time. Due to life issues and wanting to finish LE completely first, i had installed this guide as far as running bash etc, and as per this guide. But this was brought up on the LE guide and i said to install as on Lexy's prereq. page, but this was questioned, and looking at the MO2 page i found that there sticky post states to place the MO2 outside of the game folder, and as i understand that means the steam folder, not skyrim special edition folder within steam. If my understanding is wrong it would be good to know so that i may adjust my install. In terms of problems it's to do with the way MO2 uses the virtual filing system...apart from CCleaner and it's advanced feature "windows events log" being unticked, reports to the MO2 team have suggested that if MO2 is installed in the games folder, it can mess with the virtual filing system that MO2 uses. As said, if I'm wrong in my understand i would appreciate any correction, and mentioned it for OCDCoder to consider whilst she may be reinstalling every thing, and not have to adjust later if this comes up again later

It just means to not install it in the Skyrim folder.  I wouldn't put it in the steam folder anyways though.

Just to save you a bit of time if you come across something like this again, the bars at the top of the left hand pane in xEdit are search bars - if you put 0509355F into the FormID bar, it will take you straight to the relevant record.

thats the problem, it never found anything thing that i typed in the search bars. thats y i had to search manually.

God I love a woman who drinks beer!  Your husband is a lucky man.  My better half used to drink me under the table in our younger years.

Correction, I drink Guinness. ;-) And occasionally other Irish beer. Most everyone out here in the sticks drinks Bud and calls me a beer snob, but when the local place started occasionally carrying it, then my husband became friends with someone who worked there and they started carrying it and other actual good beer regularly, I KNOW I'm not the only one causing them to be sold out so often. I've apparently brought some beer culture to the wilds of north central Florida. LOL

If it makes you feel any better, I had literally JUST finished setting up the LE version then I decided to switch to this one. Like two weeks later I said 'hmm, am I crazy? probably. oh well.' I may or may not have just bought a new video card so I can continue the madness in style. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It really does seem much more stable. aside from ENB being an ornery *****.

I just got a new video card, too. Well, my old system's motherboard died, so I ended up with a new motherboard, processor, memory, video card, everything. So what is my first thought on finally being able to quit using a laptop that's old enough to have a driver's license now and could only run maybe two programs at a time? A quick blip about how work will be easier again and then "OMG, I HAVE TO see how Skyrim runs on this!" And then I don't even try it vanilla before looking for a STEP guide and finding this. Obviously I'm a masochist.

@OCDCoder I did have naked imperial captains from immerisve patrols when i was using the Bash Patch but ever since i switched to SMASH that stopped I never worked out why thou.

it could also be the conbination of mod you have ontop of the guide some scripting conflict maybe?

It started happening right after I did a bunch of upgrades as per your changelog, but I also upgraded a couple of things that weren't mentioned, so it's very possible there's a conflict and there's a good reason you hadn't updated. (I can't remember which ones or if any would seem to conflict, though as I go back through I'm sure I'll notice.)

The only other thing is that I'd installed Campfire and Frostfall. Maybe the Imperials are getting overheated? LOL Seriously, this time when I go through, I'm going to keep (most) everything I added disabled and, well, at least make sure the Imperials are properly clothed. I added a few extra mods that I want, but there are only a small number that I really feel l NEED (like Take Notes, Racemenu, and a couple others that shouldn't conflict or cause CTDs), so I'm fine to play for a while without.

My insomnia has an upside, I was watching my Nexus tracking center and saw the second upload minutes after installing the first, probably still a good idea to drink less coffee :-)

I keep telling you guys, Guinness goes really well with this build. I think it should be added as a recommendation to the guide. ;-)

OCDCoder hi!

Just thought i would bring it up, whilst you are still on the prereq. page

Hey there! :-) I have ..\common\Mod Organizer 2 SSE\ and haven't had any problems with that setup so far. I'm just surprised how many problems I was having with the Prereqs page yesterday. Not only have I done this before, both now and in the past with STEP for SLE, I'm a programmer, the process isn't complicated, and the instructions are very clear. (Aside from the questions I asked yesterday - maybe add an idiot check about what exactly "extract into" details as far as what ends up where, since sometimes you're creating a new directory and sometimes you're pulling stuff from subdirectories?).

I recharged with Guinness last night and my caffeine levels are high today, so I think I'm just going to get rid of everything and start over. (Except MO2 because everything is installed, even if I decide to reinstall mods that don't have a huge list of instructions following, and I do NOT want to delete that profile and have to reorder those mods!) It should also help that I'm in a good mood today, thus my frustration meter is currently low and I should at least be able to get through the prereqs and a couple of sections.

Anyone have a link to what a clean SSE directory looks like? Other than making sure I have the cleaned ESMs saved, I'd like to move EVERYTHING out and then have Steam give me a completely fresh install. (I guess I could just delete everything that wouldn't take half a day to download...)

Oh, one last thing, I am going to start a new character before reinstalling and make that long trek to Helgen again and see if the Imperials there are naked, just to see if this is related to something I did recently rather than something triggered by something that happened in my save. Can someone visit Sleeping Tree Camp and see if they have the same issue I did where there are a bunch of Imperials there (dressed or not) when you approach the camp from one direction but not the other? That is THE most bizarre bug I've seen and I'm really curious if it's some seriously bizarre mod conflict I caused or that's being caused by something else.

thats the problem, it never found anything thing that i typed in the search bars. thats y i had to search manually.

While I have sometimes found things using the search, I just as often haven't, and searching occasionally causes the program to hang... So yeah, I don't tend to rely on searching, which definitely leads to a lot of manual search frustration.

@OCDCoder  Just uninstall SSE per normal.  The go back into the folder and delete anything that is left that the game uninstall did not remove and finally delete the empty SSE Folder.  Restart your computer, redownload the game from Steam, make a back up copies of your new fresh data folder and the base SSE folder seperately (in case you ever need to start over again).  You are now good to go.

a minute too slow again.  That is twice today.

I was also expecting Immersive Horses today and that didn't happen either. :(       I also added Immersive Children and its SSE Edit MXPF patcher.  I have to have my mortal children.....immersion you know.  *evil grin*

Edited by Kneph13

@OCDCoder  Just uninstall SSE per normal.  The go back into the folder and delete anything that is left that the game uninstall did not remove and finally delete the empty SSE Folder.  Restart your computer, redownload the game from Steam, make a back up copies of your new fresh data folder and the base SSE folder seperately (in case you ever need to start over again).  You are now good to go.

That's definitely the logical option, however as I've mentioned, I live in the sticks, and my internet speed reflects that. I think it took me almost a day to install it originally? But it's clean enough now that I should be able to delete and redo any leftovers that are there. I deleted pretty much everything in the main SSE directory, and everything but the bsa files and subdirectories in the Data folder, and then let Steam fix it. So I think all that's left that wasn't there originally are the extracted scripts from the Creation Kit.

Oops, forgot to go to Helgen to look for naked Imperials. Oh well.

a minute too slow again.  That is twice today.

You can blame me and my wall-o-text posts. ;-)

Edited by OCDCoder

That's definitely the logical option, however as I've mentioned, I live in the sticks, and my internet speed reflects that. I think it took me almost a day to install it originally? But it's clean enough now that I should be able to delete and redo any leftovers that are there. I deleted pretty much everything in the main SSE directory, and everything but the bsa files and subdirectories in the Data folder, and then let Steam fix it. So I think all that's left that wasn't there originally are the extracted scripts from the Creation Kit.

Oops, forgot to go to Helgen to look for naked Imperials. Oh well.

You can blame me and my wall-o-text posts. ;-)

I am starting a new game myself, I didn't like the way my Argonian Illusion Assassin was developing.  So I am going to re-create my Battle Cleric with her horde of followers (to carry all the LotD loot) and start her later this evening.  I will trek over to Sleeping Tree Camp and see what I find.  If I have the same problem you were having I'll post it here then.

I am starting a new game myself, I didn't like the way my Argonian Illusion Assassin was developing.  So I am going to re-create my Battle Cleric with her horde of followers (to carry all the LotD loot) and start her later this evening.  I will trek over to Sleeping Tree Camp and see what I find.  If I have the same problem you were having I'll post it here then.

So your character was going off in a weird direction too? Funny how that happens. Ah, the perils of RP.

Oh, and IDK if it matters, but I approached the camp from the south. I started that particular game somewhere north of Helgen near whatever the **** the Inn of Lost Souls is.

Another question as I'm going through the prereqs. (Wow, I just assumed a lot here.) When the Creation Kit unzipped its files, I ended up with Data/Source/Scripts/ and Data/DialogueViews/. I remember thinking at the time that the first looked wrong, but I figured that would be mentioned if it was. But I just got to the SKSE Scripts part, and it has Scripts/Source in the file tree. Do I need to reverse the directory names that the Creation Kit gave me to Data/Scripts/Source/? (At least I assume it was the Creation Kit. Whatever left the Scripts.zip in the Data directory.)

There's nothing in this Source directory but the Scripts folder actually, maybe just move it up and get rid of that Source directory? Or is it supposed to be this way?

Edit: (Trying to stop spamming with so many posts), I've been running this windowed, borderless instead of as instructed by the guide. Are there any real problems with that? I often alt-tab out of the game and I find that not running it in a borderless window can cause problems. (I seem to remember there was a mod dealing with this for SLE. Double cursors or something?)

Edited by OCDCoder