Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

you can adjust how qucikly things happen in iNeed MCM. lusyou craft bedrolls and thing for when you are out in the wild

I want to go almost 100% with your recommended settings, the only thing I turned off was the death check box from iNeed, it happens too easily for my taste. 

Camping Lite or Simple Bedroll will fix that for you @dreamer1986.  You can also adjust your eating, drink, and sleeping frequency in the iNeed's MCM.  Hunterborn may have a bedroll as well, I'm not sure.

Since DarkLadyLexy mentioned that we can craft them, I think I have to look better in the crafting options of Hunterborn.

Edited by dreamer1986

Can I suggest making a copy of modlist.txt available somewhere in the guide either the file or just the text for copy/paste? I have a lot of issues with Merge Plugins - one of them being it rewriting modlist.txt to something completely random and fixing it requires manually resorting the entire load order.

Can I suggest making a copy of modlist.txt available somewhere in the guide either the file or just the text for copy/paste? I have a lot of issues with Merge Plugins - one of them being it rewriting modlist.txt to something completely random and fixing it requires manually resorting the entire load order.

Why don't you make separate profiles for each merge? That's what I did and had no problems. And you have the advantage that its easier to update or fix mistakes in your merges.

Edited by dreamer1986
  • +1 1

First of all, I want to say, hats off to the OP; this guide is a blast to implement. I'm excited to see the results in game. I am, however, still interested in having the "A Closer Look" mod in my game for Special Edition -- does anyone have a copy they might share? I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

(Weirdly enough, I noticed that most of his other mods are still around, and the Skyrim Classic version of this mod is still available. I am just unsure if it would be usable in SE.)

Edited by silverbluemoon

Why don't you make separate profiles for each merge? That's what I did and had no problems. And you have the advantage that its easier to update or fix mistakes in your merges.

You make separate MO2 profiles for every merge? I suppose that might not be a bad idea. Still an issue that should probably be addressed somewhere in the guide unless I just happened to be the only person having the issue, but I have it at least once every time I make a load order.

You make separate MO2 profiles for every merge? I suppose that might not be a bad idea. Still an issue that should probably be addressed somewhere in the guide unless I just happened to be the only person having the issue, but I have it at least once every time I make a load order.

The guide does recommend making a profile for each merge. I find it makes things much easier in case I need to redo a merge (which I had to do several times for this build). I used to do it all with only one profile, but it wasn't really saving any time and the potential to mess something up is rather high (esp if you do a lot of late night modding x_x).

Just wanted to clarify one part of the SMASH instructions... "Highlight everything from Update.esm down to Pre Smash Patch Merged.esp" meaning, include both Update.esm and Pre Smash Patch, yes?

Yeap. I do that too as the guide recommend. It's really much easier to have a separate profile for each merge. I however add a "z" in front of every merged profile so that my LOTD mod profile is always on top of the profile list. 

Edited by samlee860407

The guide does recommend making a profile for each merge. I find it makes things much easier in case I need to redo a merge (which I had to do several times for this build). I used to do it all with only one profile, but it wasn't really saving any time and the potential to mess something up is rather high (esp if you do a lot of late night modding x_x).

Just wanted to clarify one part of the SMASH instructions... "Highlight everything from Update.esm down to Pre Smash Patch Merged.esp" meaning, include both Update.esm and Pre Smash Patch, yes?

That is correct and it does not include zEdit as that comes after Pre-Smash.

That is correct and it does not include zEdit as that comes after Pre-Smash.

I keep meaning to mention this but forgetting!

Although you are absolutely correct, the instructions for creating the SMASH patch also lists the zPatch.esp in list of which patches should be set to Force.All and obviously to do this you would need to include the zPatch in the first place.

I've been assuming that there's a typo/brainfart somewhere in there but I'm not exactly sure what it is. So far I have just assumed that the list for what to include should really say, "Highlight everything from Update.esm down to zpatch.esp".

@DarkLadyLexy could you possibly clarify?

Although you are absolutely correct, the instructions for creating the SMASH patch also lists the zPatch.esp in list of which patches should be set to Force.All and obviously to do this you would need to include the zPatch in the first place.

I've been assuming that there's a typo/brainfart somewhere in there but I'm not exactly sure what it is. So far I have just assumed that the list for what to include should really say, "Highlight everything from Update.esm down to zpatch.esp".

And you are absolutely correct @Kal. I went back and read it again.  Color me confuzzled once again!  My apologies for possibly giving incorrect information Lauren, forgive an old man?

And you are absolutely correct @Kal. I went back and read it again.  Color me confuzzled once again!  My apologies for possibly giving incorrect information Lauren, forgive an old man?

Well at least I wasn't the only one rendered confused  :teehee: (It was also 12:30 am when I did it, so... probably a factor) I think it's one of those things that would benefit greatly from a screen snip (which I'd add but I think I have to reSMASH first). TL;DR I am adding zPatch to the SMASH patch, but not setting it to smash.all.... If that's correct then, you're forgiven, but you're on thin ice!

Well at least I wasn't the only one rendered confused  :teehee: (It was also 12:30 am when I did it, so... probably a factor) I think it's one of those things that would benefit greatly from a screen snip (which I'd add but I think I have to reSMASH first). TL;DR I am adding zPatch to the SMASH patch, but not setting it to smash.all.... If that's correct then, you're forgiven, but you're on thin ice!

Yes, I'd set zPatch.esp to Force.All until Lexy confirms otherwise.