Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Lexy I believe you gave us authorization to edit the guide when we found minor mistakes, so as I am reinstalling the guide from scratch I noticed two that I edited:

- Undiscovered Means Unknown in the fomod options last line is map instead of compass.

- Snazzy Furniture and Clutter Overhaul in the fomod options changed USLEEP to USSEP.

Hope it is OK.

that fine I don't mind if users want to edit and fix typos and my terrible spelling all I ask is not to change Version numbers in case an update breaks something and me to deal with it.

CC's Enhanced Ore Veins SSE Edition is now @ version 6.2:  Fixed cubemap glitch (maybe)

Underground - a dungeon texture overhaul is now @

[spoiler=Version 1.1] added vanilla door meshes for a better compatibility with Ruins Clutter Improved
increased saturation of certain imperial textures
Nordic stairs fit better with wall textures now
created a new cave roots texture

Bring Out Your Dead is now @ version 4.0.3:  Logrolf the Willful should not have been provided with an alias for body cleanup due to him being placed in the no cleanup faction and never getting removed from it.

SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators is now @

[spoiler=Version 1.62] * Fixed Goats Attacking other Prey Animals.
* Reduced Mammoth Cloak Radius by 15% (I think... it might need more Testing)
* Mammoths will no longer attack Other Smaller Prey Animals such as Foxes and Hares.
* Fixed MagicCharmFaction from spamming the papyrus log, it should also force Fleeing animals to deaggro themselves

Audio Overhaul Skyrim All-In-One Installer-12466-2-6-1 is currently hidden for update to version 2.9

Flower Girls SE and VR is now @

[spoiler=Version 2.0.1] Added excellent new furniture animations by Billyy - Alchemy Tables and Enchanting Tables just became more entertaining.
Added Tribbing animation by SirNibbles, this got missed before. For FF scenes.
Fixed missing kissing sounds.
Fixed un-reliable re-dressing on NPCs.
Fixed misleading messages during seduction with gatherers.
Fixed several scene end timings.
API improvements.
Added a UUNP Bodyslide for the Strap-On kindly provided by Shiva.

It must be Update Weekend.  :cool:

Edited by Decopauge123

Dynamic Dungeon Loot has a patch for Legacy of the Dragonborn on oldrim. Is it no longer needed for SSE?

To clarify the DDL patch is on the oldrom LOTD patch central mod page. Under "Main Files" Legacy of The Dragonborn patch collection. Looking at the file preview its 08D close to the bottom

The instructions for SSE Fixes is a little confusing. Instead of saying "Manually download and extract the contents of the archive to your Main Skyrim Special Ediition directory." it should maybe say "Manually download and extract the contents of the archive to your Main Skyrim Special Ediition DATA directory". And I know it is just me because certain computer lingo just does not make sense to me, I just extracted the file to desktop than cut and pasted the DLLPlugins folder to the Data folder. One more thought, I am a pretty black and white person so to me the Skyrim Special Ediition directory to me is actually the game folder itself.

The instructions for SSE Fixes is a little confusing. Instead of saying "Manually download and extract the contents of the archive to your Main Skyrim Special Ediition directory." it should maybe say "Manually download and extract the contents of the archive to your Main Skyrim Special Ediition DATA directory". And I know it is just me because certain computer lingo just does not make sense to me, I just extracted the file to desktop than cut and pasted the DLLPlugins folder to the Data folder. One more thought, I am a pretty black and white person so to me the Skyrim Special Ediition directory to me is actually the game folder itself.

SSE Fixes will be replaced with SSE Engine Fixes https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230 so i am not too worried about that

Dynamic Dungeon Loot has a patch for Legacy of the Dragonborn on oldrim. Is it no longer needed for SSE?

To clarify the DDL patch is on the oldrom LOTD patch central mod page. Under "Main Files" Legacy of The Dragonborn patch collection. Looking at the file preview its 08D close to the bottom

mmmm maybe there is reason why SirJesto didn't port it to SSE.

Back a bit, there was an update of SSE by Bethesda and it wasn't safe to do it because of breaking mods. Is that still an issue or can I go ahead and let Steam do its thing now? :)

This is mainly because Bethesda updates break SKSE, but it has already been patched to latest version so yeah you can update if you want.

First, I want to say that I'm REALLY impressed with the thoroughness of this guide! With the exception of some very specific things like house mods, it has pretty much every mod I've ever used or wanted to use! (Well, it will when Chesko updates. It's just not Skyrim to me without Frostfall.) I also very much appreciate how thorough the instructions are!

I do have some questions:

1. I was originally following another guide and installed MO2 using the installer. I uninstalled that (even using Revo Uninstaller to make sure there was nothing left over), then installed it manually, by just extracting it to a directory. When I did that, it suddenly wouldn't handle mods packed as 7z files. I finally gave up trying to fix that and reinstalled again using the installer. BUT (the real issue) neither time upon running it did I get an option for Portable Mode. Is there a way to change that somewhere, or is it ok to leave it as-is when making the merges?

2. When something is labeled "BSA Extracted," is that just informational (as in, something that happens during the mod install) or does that mean we have to extract the BSA ourselves using MO2 and then delete the files after the mod is installed? "This tag represents mods whose BSA(s) is/are extracted into the mod's folder after mod installation, and then deleted after extraction" isn't parsing correctly in my brain. (And I feel like this may be a really stupid question, so if it is, I'm going to blame my needing more caffeine...)

3. If a mod is listed as "Core" but we really don't want it, is it ok to leave it out, even if it's part of a merge, and just make sure that there are no compatibility patches for it? For some reason, I've just really never liked "Improved closefaced helmets." (That one doesn't seem to be part of a merge, I'm just asking in case I run into any others.)

4. Once we have it all installed, when the guide is updated and mods or other instructions are updated or removed, are those always going to be safe to update or remove or should we assume that keeping our install up-to-date with the guide is going to trash our saves?

That's it, at least for now. I think it's going to take the rest of the day for Bruma, Legacy of the Dragonborn, High Resolution Textures, and High Quality Voices to download. (I skipped ahead to a few of the bigger ones so I could get them started.)

Oh, in case this helps anyone, one thing that was recommended in another SE S.T.E.P. guide that I was reading is to create an empty directory in the Overwrite section of MO2, then make a mod out of it named after whatever guide section you're in, for example, "Essential SKSE Plugins," "Bug Fixes," etc. and move it to the appropriate place in the left pane, repeating for every section. Them being unchecked, in grey italics, and having a big red X next to them is really helping me a lot with keeping track of what section I'm in.

Thanks again for such an incredible guide! (Even if I feel like it's going to take a month to finish installing it. LOL)

@OCDCoder

1. Sorry can't help with that one.

2. When the guide started MO2 BSA extraction was not working properly so we were doing it manually using Bethesda Archive Extractor. It would extract all the files but we had to go and delete the ba2 file manually after the extraction. With latest version of MO2 it works fine and it deletes the ba2 automatically after extraction. 

3. You can not use a Core mod, but you will have to check for any edits in the Conflict Resolution file.
There is a section at the very bottom of the guide in the troubleshooting part called Wyre Bash Create Dummies.

4. Really depends on the mods. Some authors recommend using a new save, others give instruction on how to properly update with a current save, difficult to say. But as the guide is in beta stage, you should expect no to get attached to a save game.

I was doing also the empty mod thing for the sections, this time I changed into having all the mods categories match the section.

4u8e21.png

I accidentally deleted OCDCoder's name and I'm not able to add it back.

1. When something is labeled "BSA Extracted," is that just informational (as in, something that happens during the mod install) or does that mean we have to extract the BSA ourselves using MO2 and then delete the files after the mod is installed? "This tag represents mods whose BSA(s) is/are extracted into the mod's folder after mod installation, and then deleted after extraction" isn't parsing correctly in my brain. (And I feel like this may be a really stupid question, so if it is, I'm going to blame my needing more caffeine...)

@OCDCoder

2. When the guide started MO2 BSA extraction was not working properly so we were doing it manually using Bethesda Archive Extractor. It would extract all the files but we had to go and delete the ba2 file manually after the extraction. With latest version of MO2 it works fine and it deletes the ba2 automatically after extraction. 

OCDCoder, does this make more sense?   This tag indicates mods whose BSA(s) is/are extracted into the mod's folder using MO2's BSA extractor, and then deleted after extraction.

Take a look at the Legend to see it in-place.

Let us know if you find any other items that don't make sense.

Edited by Decopauge123

[insert string of curse words here] I just did a huge hardware upgrade (which is why I'm so excited about playing SE!), which required me to upgrade to Win10 (meh). I just went away for about an hour and a half to let some of this stuff download and came back to find I'd forgotten to change the power settings and the machine had gone to sleep 30m in. And the downloads seemed to have hung, so I paused them, and now MO2 is crashing when I try to resume them. So I'm having to delete them and start over. Seriously, this really is going to take a month...

Ok, so Sennah, first, thanks for the answers!

2. Just to make sure I have this perfectly clear (still under-caffeinated BUT I just now made more tea), I do NOT have extract BSAs turned on in MO, but for any that are marked "BSA Extracted," I still just install as normal and don't have to do anything else?

For the rest of it, troubleshooting I can handle. I did enough of that on my S.T.E.P. + a million other mods on my old install. (What is the proper term for the original Skyrim? I keep hearing "Oldrim," but I'm not really fond of that one.) As for the way you do categories, I did that on my old install, then ended up changing the categories back because it was confusing when I threw in a ton of other mods and started wanting more specific categories.

Oh, one more question I forgot to ask:

5. I can't get the Nvidia Profile Inspector to work. I had to use the links at the bottom of the linked page to even get the Profile Inspector on my computer, the links marked "Download Nvidia Profile Inspector" only gave me the Nvidia Inspector. I can run the Nvidia Inspector, but clicking the Start Profile Inspector button just gives me the spinning "wait" cursor for a few seconds. Same thing if I try to run it directly. (I also tried setting both to run as administrator.) Am I missing something? Could it just not be compatible with my video card? The guide does say "install," but there's no installation file, just zip files I unzipped into a directory. (Also, it says to "unpack" the .nip file, but I'm not sure what to do with that. It's just an XML file.)

Remind me, this is going to be fun when I'm finally done, right?  :unsure: