Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

lexy I hav been using PCE with the guide, found that there is a weird conflict with project optimization that causes disappearing walls in castle dour and palace of the kings.. coudnt solve it so I simply removed prject optimization from my build as ive never lacked fps indoors as is.  I also just went to the replacer no-esp version of snazzy  to avoid conflits and seems to look good.  As for lighting mods I had to set loot rules to force ELE, relighting, and ELFX to load after PCE.  as well I am using the ELFX main patch for PCE but I have niot been using the relighting skyrim patch. looks fine to me so far... load order for those specifically is, Palaces Castles Enhanced.esp, EnhancedLightsandFX.esp, PCE-ELFX patch.esp, RelightingSkyrim-Full.esp, and then ELE farther down due to its guide stated loot rule

Following your previous feedback I also removed project optimization but I think the best approach to resolving conflicts with the lighting mods would be via CR patch, instead of messing with their placement (other conflicts might arise afterwards?).

About load order, using the rules in the guide CLARALUX SSE - LAL.esp loads after Realistic Water Two.esp and overrides NAM3 LOD Water Type for worldspace 0000003C (Tamriel). Should I heed my own advice and fix that in the CR patch, make RW2 load after Claralux or do nothing at all?

And also, should I do anything about mods in my load order that make changes to MHDT - Max Height Data? The final value I carry in my CR is that of USSEP but some mods like 3dNPCs and some village mods like Northern Towns have their changes overridden.

Edited by godescalcus

About load order, using the rules in the guide CLARALUX SSE - LAL.esp loads after Realistic Water Two.esp and overrides NAM3 LOD Water Type for worldspace 0000003C (Tamriel). Should I heed my own advice and fix that in the CR patch, make RW2 load after Claralux or do nothing at all?

quoting myself here... LOL What I did was the CR thing and what THAT did was fix my water LODs!

h7JHNvU.png

Edited by godescalcus

quoting myself here... LOL What I did was the CR thing and what THAT did was fix my water LODs!

h7JHNvU.png

Yeah my rule is always to have Light mods near the bottom of the load order and water mods after them and then build a custom LightsWater patch that ensures compatibility with my entire load order.

Yeah my rule is always to have Light mods near the bottom of the load order and water mods after them and then build a custom LightsWater patch that ensures compatibility with my entire load order.

Do you have any other rules you follow when doing load order. I am Resolving my first load order and this in informative info. Do you also put your Weather mods toward the bottom?

I am probably the only dummy that did this. You should put a note in the guide letting people know that the CK needs to be installed in the Skyrim Directory. I did not realize I had a fresh install that I never played so Beth.Net was installing the CK in the wrong folder. I knew something was goofy but spent the past day and half trying to figure out the issue. It was just lack of knowledge.

Edited by Razorsedge877

Do you have any other rules you follow when doing load order. I am Resolving my first load order and this in informative info. Do you also put your Weather mods toward the bottom?

Yes I do Lights/Weather/Water at the bottom of my load order, in that order, but the order doesn't really matter as long as they are all at the bottom and you resolve conflicts after.

I am probably the only dummy that did this. You should put a note in the guide letting people know that the CK needs to be installed in the Skyrim Directory. I did not realize I had a fresh install that I never played so Beth.Net was installing the CK in the wrong folder. I knew something was goofy but spent the past day and half trying to figure out the issue. It was just lack of knowledge.

Didn't think that was needed cos when I installed the CK it Automatically selected the Main Directory. you should launch Skyrim at least once it has been installed and you configured the base ini files, I have always done this

Yes I do Lights/Weather/Water at the bottom of my load order, in that order, but the order doesn't really matter as long as they are all at the bottom and you resolve conflicts after.

that is what will generally happen once i finish with the Merge Plugins Section.

Didn't see that..could be a problem..What about this? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12641/

I'll take a look but what we really need is a mod that make dragon combat more interesting and dragons more intelligent but doesn't just turn them into sponges (which was the compliant about EMD in first place). What I really want is DCO back but that isn't going to happen any time soon since Apollodown has gone and taken his mod with him.

I'll take a look but what we really need is a mod that make dragon combat more interesting and dragons more intelligent but doesn't just turn them into sponges (which was the compliant about EMD in first place). What I really want is DCO back but that isn't going to happen any time soon since Apollodown has gone and taken his mod with him.

Yeah, exactly..I've thought I found that after reading Serio's Enhanced Dragons description but that problem with Frostfall is a no..

I'm trying this combo:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8394/

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2163/

With the aesthetic mods (some of which actually came primarily from SSE):

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/695/

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9670/?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2636/

Add a comment: I really hate mods that add insta-kill perks, insta-kill moves, insta-kill spells. Deadly doesn't have to mean don't let it touch you, maybe don't let it touch you *again* ;)

Another comment: mods that simply add health point to enemies aren't all bad (especially if combined with better AI). For one, it makes for interesting situations with other NPC's that don't fight as well as the tactical expert dragonborns in this forum :P I hate it when a dragon kills ten soldiers in a few seconds and I'm left fighting it alone anyway. So, for me, give them much tougher skin and *moderately* tougher skills and attack. We all know who ends up the winner, let's not pretend otherwise (unless you're a fan of this mod) so to make the best of it is to force you to adjust combat tactics to be effective, while not making the outcome be always that everybody else is minced meat....

Edited by godescalcus

that is what will generally happen once i finish with the Merge Plugins Section.

Lexy, how do you guys manage leveled lists in the merged plugins section? For example, weapons and armors merge. If I'm not mistaken, merge plugins standalone doesn't handle leveled lists, so only the last plugin in the merge gets its leveled lists carried? After all the merges are done Wrye Bash does handle merging the leveled lists, but those that don't make it through merge plugins standalone are gone, unless you make a patch to go with the merge manually copying all records into the leveled lists?...

Edited by godescalcus