Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

What do you guys do to get zEdit to work?  I can get to my load order (now that I have the latest version).  But when I click okay at the bottom of the load order section I just get a white screen that I cannot close out of and must access task to manager to close the program.  I've googled it, checked reddit and the git-hub page and I cannot find an answer.

I am using v0.2.0 https://github.com/matortheeternal/zedit/releases/tag/0.2.0 portable with no issues did have problems with the latest version.zedit

zEdit v0.3.0 (when I've used it) would randomly go to a white screen.  mator posted in the ZEdit Discord channel that "... the "white screen bug" can happen for lots of different reasons". Elsewhere he said that one possible cause was "... the white screen is when an uncaught exception causes the chrome webdriver to crash". That's why DarkladyLexy recommends zEdit v0.2.0 be used (for now).

Edited by Decopauge123

I don't own Windows 10 so didn't know that in fact I didn't actually add that part but I think Decopauge123 did so he will have to edit that part a little bit.

I use PhoenixVivid ENB-Reshade - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3350/ that look ok give that a try. You can actually pick any ENB you wish or none at all if you so desire.

I edited the line below that, adding the "... or the message "1 patch plugins built successfully" is displayed." to the end of Line #5.  I've never seen the Error: "...not a valid floating point value." when using zEdit, but I can see where memnochs' suggestion could be added to the zEdit section.

I am on WIN10 and both 0.2.0 and 0.3.0 are working as intended, so it must be something on your end. Perhaps try with antivirus off?

I am on WIN10 and both 0.2.0 and 0.3.0 are working as intended, so it must be something on your end. Perhaps try with antivirus off?

I have added zEdit as an exception in my AV, Malwarebytes, and my Firewall.  Issue persists.  0.2.0 will not even allow me to access my load order.  When I click on the profile to load the load order the program soft locks.

Edited by Kneph13

@lexy: I did the merge without error, I tell you how it looks in game later ;)

I see that you dropped The Great Equalizer too, I did a test and face a problem with Bruma, after checking, Bruma weapons seems well balanced so I excluded it (I edited directly the The Great Equalizer - Main.pas file), and it seems to work as intended.

About zEdit section, when you face "... not a valid floating point value" error, you say to change region to English (USA). Maybe it could be nice to specify that you need to go through configuration panel and change region settings, because (in Windows 10), you can change it in settings directly and it doesn't work :/

memnochs, before I go changing the zEdit section, to which 'configuration panel' are you referring?  Since I've never seen the error message, I need to find that out before I write something.

I have added zEdit as an exception in my AV, Malwarebytes, and my Firewall.  Issue persists.  0.2.0 will not even allow me to access my load order.  When I click on the profile to load the load order the program soft locks.

When I had this issue I moved the entire MO2 directory out of the common folder and into the Skyrim directory, which is where we are used to having it. Since it is on the same drive it will be an instant move. After that ZEdit was able to read my load order...FNIS wouldnt work for me till I did that as well...try this but on an individual basis for each section. Move it, build the patch, move the folder back out to the common folder

When I was done with the entire guide I made the choice to leave the entire MO2 folder in the skyrim directory as a flavor choice but it is recommended to leave it outside the skyrim directory and in the common directory. 

I have my entire Skyrim directory and MO2 directory and all tools on a partitioned drive..Then I set that drive as an exception in my Norton Program for everything such as SONAR, Firewall and Antivirus. That way anything on that partitioned drive is left alone..

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5

zEdit v0.3.0 (when I've used it) would randomly go to a white screen.  mator posted in the ZEdit Discord channel that "... the "white screen bug" can happen for lots of different reasons". Elsewhere he said that one possible cause was "... the white screen is when an uncaught exception causes the chrome webdriver to crash". That's why DarkladyLexy recommends zEdit v0.2.0 be used (for now).

So it is a bug then.  Thank you Decopauge.  As I stated previously 0.2.0 will not work on my system, it won't even load up my load order.  Guess I will just have to do without zEdit.

• +1 1

So it is a bug then.  Thank you Decopauge.  As I stated previously 0.2.0 will not work on my system, it won't even load up my load order.  Guess I will just have to do without zEdit.

I've only really zEdit twice and the first time it was the white screen. I shut down everything including MO and it worked and when I restarted.

No idea

I've only really zEdit twice and the first time it was the white screen. I shut down everything including MO and it worked and when I restarted.

No idea

hmmmmm...yeah I have windows 10 and use 0.2.0 and I had no issues after I did what I said above with moving the MO2 directory. Perhaps the issue varies by user

@Lexy, yes, it was the way I follow, but I will try the new one !

About barter mod, it seems the lite version + the one I linked is near to be equal to the old full version, I will pick it ! ^^.

For the whoms who wants to test :

You could download my testing version here

If you want to test the water limitation, you need to use ineed or RnD (or a water mod which include a plugin for one of them like RW2).

Hey memnochs, i've tried using SB2, and here is what i got:

1. Purchase soap at Belethors (Whiterun)

2. coc to riverwood

3. Jump in river and use soap from inventory

4. Ended up teleporting back to Belethor (twice)

No idea

I've tried that too uncleseano.  I just won't use it.  Apparently my computer doesn't like it for some reason.

hmmmmm...yeah I have windows 10 and use 0.2.0 and I had no issues after I did what I said above with moving the MO2 directory. Perhaps the issue varies by user

tried your method also just to see and it didn't work either.

@Decopauge123: I refer to the classic configuration panel (the same as the one you can found in windows 7).

On windows 10, when you type region in the start menu (or if you open the settings), it brings you here :

change-country-or-region-in-windows-10.g

This doesn't solve the problem, you must type control panel and click on it (it brings you to the good old classic one), and open region settings :

3073.clip_image001_thumb_793910BD.jpg

This one works ! (sorry i don't find a pretty gif ^^)

I think this error is only for non-english users which don't same decimal separator (, instead of .), if you want to reproduce the bug, set this settings to "France (France)" for example.

Thanks to Microsoft which permit to change settings in different place. I hope it is more understandable.

@sm0kem : I'm not sure to understand the fourth step, my mod teleport you or you did it twice ?

If it teleports you I must understand how it can be possible because it could be an interesting trick for an another mod XD

@Lexy: Merge seems to works as intended.

Edited by memnochs