Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Yeah, it's some posts back.  Just search this thread for ASIS

Yes, Dual sheath redux can be made to work if you do the needed hacks from the guide that is currently hidden.  Dual Sheath Redux Up and Running on SSE

The Asis Generated output file however, is being created using Form 0 and it is not carrying over the "Compressed" records.  If you try to load it in Wrye Bash it will complain.  If you try to save it in Creation Kit, it crash CK.

That's the thing, no messages in Wrye Bash.  But will take your advice and ditch it.

I did do all the hacks etc for DSR though, saving the file and converting all the meshes, so will have a think on DSR.  Is the only alternative to it using the Simple Shield on Back mod?

To be honest I don't really see the point of adding this mod. We already have animals covered in SkyTest (or Animal Tweaks in my case), humans are covered by wildcat, and both are covered by AAE to some extent. Why add another slowdown mod?

P.S. This is regarding Immersive Movement

Edited by sm0kem

To be honest I don't really see the point of adding this mod. We already have animals covered in SkyTest (or Animal Tweaks in my case), humans are covered by wildcat, and both are covered by AAE to some extent. Why add another slowdown mod?

P.S. This is regarding Immersive Movement

Immersive movements does seem to cover some things those other mods don't. If you use it, I recommend loading it before all those other mods so only the unique changes it makes are applied.

you know guys it helps if one reads mods author sticky posts as of v7.0 update HD LOD's now integrates the mountain Lods created by T4gtr34um3r (AKA Majestic Mountain LOD's) so we can pull that and save some space.

Bah reading stickies is for wimps. I'd rather go in swinging and see what comes out :D

That's the thing, no messages in Wrye Bash.  But will take your advice and ditch it.

I did do all the hacks etc for DSR though, saving the file and converting all the meshes, so will have a think on DSR.  Is the only alternative to it using the Simple Shield on Back mod?

Well, I'm with you concerning DSR and AM using it for my personal build.  I don't know if I'd recommend it yet for the masses considering the necessary hackiness it takes to make it work.  Specifically; having to disable/rename your Oldrim directory; \AppData\Local\Skyrim every time you run DSR. Some users don't know how to find/show the hidden 'AppData' directory.

-Xaxilis

Edited by Xaxilis

Hey everyone,

been following your progression with this guide. Lexy, Darth and everyone that has helped with the guide - superbly awesome work!!!

I’m currently waiting on my internet provider to connect me so I can tackle this as a noob. But wow this looks so amazing!

Apologies in advance for any (and possibly many) noob questions. I have spent the last three days reading all your progress which has answered many compatibility concerns I had. I’ll figure the rest as I learn.

Again, fantabulous job Lexy, Queen of mods!

is anyone else noticing horrible texture flickering on the stone pillar outside the Forsake Cave Entrance?

I think this be caused by a mesh from No Snow Under The Roof

Mesh I believe to be suspect is: meshes\prometheus\architecture\ancientnordsnow\dwellings\nordwelling03extpylons01_snow.nif

Confirmed.  I see flickering on these pillars as I move around them.

As you say there's two of these .nif's;

One from 'No snow under the roof' 

And one from 'No snow Under the Roof - Bugfix v1.3'

If I disable the Mod; 'No snow Under the Roof - Bugfix v1.3', the flickering goes away.

If I keep the mod 'No snow Under the Roof - Bugfix v1.3' enabled but, delete its version of nordwelling03extpylons01_snow.nif the flickering goes away. 

So, something wrong with that .nif or the texture mapping it has?

PS

Gonna retry after running it through Nif Optimizer... I'll post back in a min with results.

Update

Nope, running it through Nif Optimzier did not fix it.

-Xaxilis

Edited by Xaxilis

Well, I'm with you concerning DSR and AM using it for my personal build.  I don't know if I'd recommend it yet for the masses considering the necessary hackiness it takes to make it work.  Specifically; having to disable/rename your Oldrim directory; \AppData\Local\Skyrim every time you run DSR. Some users don't know how to find/show the hidden 'AppData' directory.

-Xaxilis

Ah I do the MO fix, so no need to monkey around editing files and deirectories.

If you delete (or just rename anything in AppData related Skyrim LE's folder.

Go to "<mo dir>\mods\Dual Sheath Redux\SkyProc Patchers\Dual Sheath Redux Patch\Files" crate two text files:

PluginsListLocation & SkyrimINIlocation

In the first put: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\<MO directory>\profiles\<your main profile name>\loadorder.txt

In the second: <path to Documents>\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini

\t\hat saves you endless headaches with copying crap around each time you change your load order,