Admins Everywhere!

TechAngel85

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were also going to surpass the registered-users-logged-at-the-same-time record few hours ago. That didn't happen because of 2 or 3 still needed :o

So I'm not the only one that watches that intently!  I imagine we'll blow that record out of the water in the days following v2.2.1's release.

I usually just look at the area where the names of registered users logged in are provided vs. looking at a count of these users. I hope the site will be able to withstand the BW increases when we are close to finishing 2.2.1.

At the moment we're using 68/150 GB of bandwidth for this month.  In all of December we used 70GB.  This is very rough, 3AM math, but at the current rate I'd estimate we top 85GB at least for the whole month given current rates, which leaves an "extra" 65GB to deal with the increase in traffic.  According to Firebug the guide "costs" ~900K per hit with an empty cache and ~300K otherwise.  If we take a rough average of 600K per hit that means we can handle an additional 100,000 or so hits to the guide this month. 

Mind you, this doesn't include people clicking through to the mod pages or downloading the BCFs, much less signing up for the forums to ask questions and what-have-you.  We'll definitely have to keep an eye on the bandwidth meter as we roll out v2.2.1.