A decent Firefox theme?

Farlo

I"m using 8 Ultimo (same guy that makes FT DeepDark). It's really good if you like a dark theme and the scrollbar is easy to spot (too many dark themes make the scrollbar almost impossible to see).

Not available for Firefox 17 :(  Can you just go in and edit the version to make it work or will it break?

I like the NASA one but the buttons are a little too big IMO.

I used the default theme. I was using a Chrome-based theme until it broke with one of the updates. FF release schedule makes things a bit harder for add-on authors to keep up.

I have no idea why they decided to do that, it doesn't seem to have helped anything, just rushing our minor upgrades and some background features as entire new versions.  It also doesn't help their business users since they're usually a lot slower to upgrade anyways. 

I used the default theme. I was using a Chrome-based theme until it broke with one of the updates. FF release schedule makes things a bit harder for add-on authors to keep up.

I have no idea why they decided to do that, it doesn't seem to have helped anything, just rushing our minor upgrades and some background features as entire new versions.  It also doesn't help their business users since they're usually a lot slower to upgrade anyways. 
I like the rapid release cycle as it delivers features faster (and more importantly security and bug fixes). I do agree though that the addon system suffers and is a downside. Ultimo 8 is working for me, but only because I haven't upgraded yet. I usually wait a week or two to give Kaspersky time to update their addons.

As for businesses, they also have a separate ESR cycle version, so they have more time to test newer versions and an extended support cycle. They should be using that version to alleviate the headache.

I"m using 8 Ultimo (same guy that makes FT DeepDark). It's really good if you like a dark theme and the scrollbar is easy to spot (too many dark themes make the scrollbar almost impossible to see).

Not available for Firefox 17 :(  Can you just go in and edit the version to make it work or will it break?

FT DeepDark works for v17. Try it!

FT DeepDark is indeed a nice theme. My only beef with it is the scroolbar. It's far too difficult to see when I have surrounding windows that are bright.

I'm switching back to NasaNightLaunch (always my fallback) until 8Ultimo is hopefully updated, or a better dark theme pops up.

FT DeepDark is indeed a nice theme. My only beef with it is the scroolbar. It's far too difficult to see when I have surrounding windows that are bright.

I'm switching back to NasaNightLaunch (always my fallback) until 8Ultimo is hopefully updated, or a better dark theme pops up.

I'll have to look at that one as well ...

I made 8 Ultimo work for Firefox 17 and so far I haven't noticed anything wrong with it. The context menu could use some tweaking but other than that it looks great.

Please share, or walk the plank. :pirate:
All you have to do is open the JAR in 7zip and edit "install.rdf" to allow later versions.  I've attached the edited file.