SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Hi!

Is there a specific area to post for support questions? I am several hours in with minimal CTDs but have a persistent CTD at the Falkreath gate and again near the Falkreath graveyard. Set up exactly to your specs. Wondering if someone else noted this or I did something weird. 

Thanks, 

Hi!

Is there a specific area to post for support questions? I am several hours in with minimal CTDs but have a persistent CTD at the Falkreath gate and again near the Falkreath graveyard. Set up exactly to your specs. Wondering if someone else noted this or I did something weird. 

Thanks, 

Isn't there supposed to be a report somewhere from crash fixes?

OK guys Darth is having severe problem with his machine this morning and is pulling his hair trying to fix it.

basically his graphic driver is unresponsive and crashing while trying to start up. when he hit the windows logging screen his monitor goes black and he get a "No Signal" message from his monitor.

he has uninstalled the driver, Rolled back a still the problem persists. He can get into safe mode and everything works so it can't be a hardware issue. Any ideas would be good.

he also say he does see the normal window startup splash screen. get one with a green bar at the bottom this usually indicates a problem somewhere.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to remove all traces of the old driver. Run this in safe mode. Then install the driver and see if it persists. Could be an issue with remnants of old drivers.

Other than that, did Win 10 recently install the Windows Anniversary Update? I have heard of many people having driver issues with this recent update. Could be that...might need a clean install of Windows if the update screwed up.

Besides those two things, I'm not really sure. I know a bit about tech stuff, but I am no guru with this sort of thing.

i have seen the same symptoms if the chosen screen resolution is not supported, can be fixed by changing it in safe mode usually,,  as soon as windows "log in" Bamm black screen,, tried it myself..

could be it ?

hope he gets "back online soon"

'cheers

Canadus.

OK guys Darth is having severe problem with his machine this morning and is pulling his hair trying to fix it.

basically his graphic driver is unresponsive and crashing while trying to start up. when he hit the windows logging screen his monitor goes black and he get a "No Signal" message from his monitor.

he has uninstalled the driver, Rolled back a still the problem persists. He can get into safe mode and everything works so it can't be a hardware issue. Any ideas would be good.

he also say he does see the normal window startup splash screen. get one with a green bar at the bottom this usually indicates a problem somewhere.

This was my issue with my old gtx 560 if I remember correctly and my solution is change the graphic card. There was something wrong in the hardware that causes this. And now leaving it useless in my junk no matter what I've done reinstall windows and even the driver it just won't boot without safe mode.

I hope this is not the issue darth having because the only solution to this is new graphic card

Edited by reddvilzz

Use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to remove all traces of the old driver. Run this in safe mode. Then install the driver and see if it persists. Could be an issue with remnants of old drivers.

Other than that, did Win 10 recently install the Windows Anniversary Update? I have heard of many people having driver issues with this recent update. Could be that...might need a clean install of Windows if the update screwed up.

Besides those two things, I'm not really sure. I know a bit about tech stuff, but I am no guru with this sort of thing.

I have run the software and re downloaded and now reinstalling the driver hopefully that will work.

I am not on windows 10 and i turn off automatic window updates sometime ago so don't thing it that

But if it comes to it will doa clean install of window yet again (good thing i have a OEM copy isn't it)

i have seen the same symptoms if the chosen screen resolution is not supported, can be fixed by changing it in safe mode usually,,  as soon as windows "log in" Bamm black screen,, tried it myself..

could be it ?

hope he gets "back online soon"

'cheers

Canadus.

the interesting part it i can only select 1 screen resolution 800x600

This was my issue with my old gtx 560 if I remember correctly and my solution is change the graphic card. There was something wrong in the hardware that causes this. And now leaving it useless in my junk no matter what I've done reinstall windows and even the driver it just won't boot without safe mode.

I hope this is not the issue darth having because the only solution to this is new graphic card

it will boot just not with the nvivida drivers installed

Try an older version of the driver and do a clean install of it.

Edit: also first you can try entering safe mode. Uninstall nvidia drivers. Also manually delete if the uninstaller didnt remove all nvidia related folders. Then enter windows normally without drivers installed. If it works then install an older version maybe latest are bad.

Edited by paul666root

Try an older version of the driver and do a clean install of it.

Edit: also first you can try entering safe mode. Uninstall nvidia drivers. Also manually delete if the uninstaller didnt remove all nvidia related folders. Then enter windows normally without drivers installed. If it works then install an older version maybe latest are bad.

I have tried that I think things a bit more serious I have just reinstalled a fresh copy of windows reinstalled the driver and low and behold black screen on restart the interesting thing is I can't even change my screen resolution I am stuck on 800 x 600 so of guess it is bugged.

that will teach me not to drop £400 on second hand graphics card off eBay. but i also give me an excuse to look for as 10 series maybe a 1070 cos Lexy will flip if I got a 1080.

It could also be the PCI Express slot on the motherboard I'll try changing it next then retry installing the driver.

Edit: Changing PCI Express slots was a good idea as I can now change my screen resolution now time to reinstall the driver.

EUREKA IT'S ALIVE. PCI express slot nackered long with a broken Sata port my poor motherboard is a little sickly need to start the hunt for a new one

Edited by Darth_mathias

that will teach me not to drop £400 on second hand graphics card off eBay. but i also give me an excuse to look for as 10 series maybe a 1070 cos Lexy will flip if I got a 1080.

not sure if this is the right place to mention this but I do use a GTX 1070 (the ASUS 80G version) and can report that with SRLEx LOTD installed exactly as per the guide, my Skyrim constantly gets 35-40 fps @ 1440x3440 around Whiterun (below 20 fps with the previous GTX 780), with max VRAM consumption of 6GB-ish and max temp of 78C so for a single gameplay session (around 3 hrs). So yes Darth a 1070 would be a good choice if you're still considering a new GPU ..

Edited by vexillvs

not sure if this is the right place to mention this but I do use a GTX 1070 (the ASUS 80G version) and can report that with SRLEx LOTD installed exactly as per the guide, my Skyrim constantly gets 35-40 fps @ 1440x3440 around Whiterun (below 20 fps with the previous GTX 780), with max VRAM consumption of 6GB-ish and max temp of 78C so for a single gameplay session (around 3 hrs). So yes Darth a 1070 would be a good choice if you're still considering a new GPU ..

nice but i really can't justify blowing that amount of cash at the moment since I am mere weeks from my twins due date.